ClubAdventist is back!

Need prayer to help me find a house

mikeyswen79

Well my wife and I live in Berrien Springs and are students at Andrews but our current is slightly smaller than we would like. So far, we've found many places, but since we own a dog (though a small one) most places have no pets policies, which is understandable, but a policy that makes it very difficult for people like us to find a good place to live!

Well, in our search we found a pretty good 3 bedroom house that matched almost all of our specifications (minus a garage) and I told the landlord that I was ready to sign the lease. However, when I drove there later last month I was talking to a guy who was painting the house and asking him some questions about the place and in the process found out that he said he was ready to sign the lease as well! The landlord made it fairly clear that I would be able to move in but he appears to have given it away. :/

Later my wife and I decided to look around elsewhere and found a pretty good place, though one bedroom more than we need (4), and I ended up telling the landlord the same thing. This landlord went through the process of interviewing my previous landlords and everything and he told me it would be fine to move in, except that in that same day after I said I was ready to sign the lease he got a call from some one interested in purchasing the place. :/ He said that tomorrow he will know for sure but that in the mean time I should look around elsewhere just in case.

You can imagine how getting the runaround from landlords due to pets is in itself a little frustrating, but my wife and have been rejected a time and a half and we're having a rough time finding the place we want.

I realize it's a relatively small prayer request but it's something that has been stressing me out and would love prayer to help us find a house that fits our needs. Our current place is fairly good but we could use a little upgrade if given the opportunity. Thanks and Happy Sabbath everyone!

• Members

Will add you to our pray list, and pray the Lord's will be done.

pk

phkrause

Obstinacy is a barrier to all improvement. - ChL 60

Move to Florida. There are a couple houses in our family that we'd like to sell. One is within walking distance of Forest Lake Academy.

That would be an awful long commute to Andrews for classes.

Catherine

God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:26.

"To be a Christian means to forgive the inexcusable, because God has forgiven the inexcusable in you." -- C. S. Lewis

Richard: Absolutely! I can't believe what a difference our dog has made in just making life brighter!

Gladusse: Haha I'd love to but like GreatLakesGramma said, I don't know if the commute would be ideal!

Here's an update:

Before I said that my wife and I had been on the verge of signing a lease 2 times, but it was actually 3! Not to mention the countless numbers of people who don't want a dog-owning renter. Well, the house that I said I was going to know whether I could rent or not got sold, sending my wife and I on yet another quick drive through all of Berrien Springs. Here there is an Adventist grocery store called Apple Valley where everyone puts their listings and I decided to check it out for the 3rd time this month. I came across a beautiful 4 bedroom home (a little big for us, but it's the best we can do since 3 bedrooms are very hard to come by right now) that is nearly the same cost as our current 2 bedroom duplex! It's not old, and there are absolutely no problems with it! Well anyways, I am on the verge of signing this lease except now there is no risk of dog-rejection or it being sold. I haven't singed the lease yet, but the landlord seems very trustworthy (Adventist pastor) and so here's hoping that I can get this signed tomorrow! Thank you for your prayers. I'm on the home stretch so if you all could continue to pray that would be great! I know Satan has been trying to discourage my wife and I through this house search, but God has amazing ways of lifting us out of discouragement, even if it's over the concern of where we will live while in this world! Praise God.

IMO the Lord is ready to give us what we ask for.....or something better!.... Rent out the extra room to a college student and put the money

toward defraying the rental cost.