ClubAdventist is back!

Angry people about Obama's Health Care Plan

thumbsup

Yep. I'm gettin' really excited about the next election. A return to the glory days.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bonnie

• CyberGuy

• phkrause

• Woody

Top Posters In This Topic

Praise God ... let's hope so.

I believe in Hematology.

Praise God ... let's hope so.

Call me cynic but I believe Obama will drop what is necessary to get his foot in the door.

The wonderful spirit of bipartisanship will take over the rest.

Instead of coming up with a plan to insure the relatively small number without insurance we will all get the shaft.

Less than 50 million are without insurance,83% are happy with theirs and want to keep it.

13-14 million is for covering illegal aliens. A third is without insurance by choice and they make over 50,000.00 a year.

Another 10 million is already covered but they just don't sign up.

Why are we doing this again?? The poor and downtrodden used as an excuse to gain more and more control.

Read the bill,it is a pip. Doesn't matter if all goes thru,you get a very clear picture of what they would like to see and will,even if it is only bit by bit while most people will be like the frog in hotter and hotter water

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

• Members

Let me ask a question. What health plan do they have in congress right now. Do they have the same one that we have now, or do they have something different?

pk

phkrause

Obstinacy is a barrier to all improvement. - ChL 60

They have the ultra luxury version like no other.

I believe in Hematology.

• Members

Exactly my point. Why would they change there insurance? They didn't use the same insurance that we have had for decades why would they change now? I was listening to a health insurance program on NPR today and a caller asked: "I've been out of work for 6 months now and have a medical condition and no insurance company will insure me. If the healthcare gets redone will I be able to get insured. The guy's answer was that if nothing is done to better our healthcare you will get no coverage. But if they change to a Universal healthcare you will be able to get coverage". So what does that say or mean to you. Sounds to me like there will be more and better coverage than what we've had. Just my opinion.

pk

phkrause

Exactly my point. Why would they change there insurance? They didn't use the same insurance that we have had for decades why would they change now? I was listening to a health insurance program on NPR today and a caller asked: "I've been out of work for 6 months now and have a medical condition and no insurance company will insure me. If the healthcare gets redone will I be able to get insured. The guy's answer was that if nothing is done to better our healthcare you will get no coverage. But if they change to a Universal healthcare you will be able to get coverage". So what does that say or mean to you. Sounds to me like there will be more and better coverage than what we've had. Just my opinion.

pk

What he will get is a rationed version of private health care.

When the whole burden of insuring the american citizens gets shifted to the government it will be less for everyone.

I think America is a big enough country to give aid to those in true need. But can anyone explain why health care is owed to anyone? Maybe it is the mean conservative in me again, but explain why any privately run business has to take on a existing problem?

We have the right to the pursuit of happiness and all that entails,we do not have the right to it.

The questions at times may be legitimate but chances are any that is out of work would qualify for medicaid or emergency aid. If he was covered at his place of work and applied for insurance within three months I think he would get coverage for pre-existing conditions. He will not be denied.

You do need to offer proof of a legitimate insurance company.

Nor can someone be cancelled because of serious medical expenses. HIPPA went into effect in the mid-nineties prohibiting that.

Nor are Obama's targeting the medical profession honest or accurate.

A primary care physician does not do surgery. If in doubt or your primary care physician feels you will need surgery he sends you to a surgeon. Your personal DR gets nothing as far as more surgeries go. Your child's Dr will not take out tonsils. In fact he makes more if the child keeps his tonsils and continues to have problems.

Nor will your primary care physician amputate a limb for 10-20,000.00 A surgeon does that. The great financial reward for the surgeon is from 750-1100.00? from medicare. Again your primary care physician makes more from treating a sore that won't heal for weeks or months.

It sure sounds terrible tho doesn't it. That greedy Dr removing limbs because of more money or risking a child's life,no matter how slight thru unnecessary surgery.

It does satisfy a lot of envy and hatred people have for the medicial profession or the insurance companies,especially when Obama makes a promise he cannot and has no intention of keeping.

I hope when this goes into effect the countries that have the wonderful health care plan step up to the plate and give their share of research,technology, and free care.

One nice thing,maybe all will stay within their borders for care instead of overburdening ours

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

• Members

But this person was denied health insurance, that was one of his reasons for asking the question.

pk

phkrause

But this person was denied health insurance, that was one of his reasons for asking the question.

pk

I understand that. If he had insurance prior to losing his job and applied elsewhere his pre-existing condition would have been waived if it were within the allotted time. If he could prove that he had carried insurance,I think it is three months prior,he would not have been denied. If so he would have recourse.But tell me who owes this man insurance or medical care or a job for that matter? On a secular level I owe him nothing. What I should be willing to do is betweem God and I. Not between Obama and God and I

It is estimated with Obama's health care that from 17-28 million will still be without coverage. Isn't this what this whole thing is about?

They cannot run medicare,what makes anyone think medicare on a larger scale will make any kind of economic sense or even feasible without cutting care?

My husband was covered under our private plan prior to having several strokes. They could not cancel or raise out premiums any more than anyone else's.

From age 58 to 62 the cost was enormous to the insurance company.

At age 65 he was forced to take medicare if he wanted insurance. Only the government could run business as they do and call it a success.

If my husband had not taken it at 65 he would have been penalized with a higher premium for the duration of his life.

Not only that but the insurance company was only willing to cover him for 20% in a supplemental coverage for the same price as full coverage.

The first year medicare paid out over 60,000.00 for his medical care and received less than 1200.00 in premiums.

To the government this is good economics.

To most of us it is idiocy. What would prompt anyone than can read and add to force someone onto their plan. In addition most supplemental plans do not cover prescriptions as our family policy did,so another health care plan.

That should be for those truly in need. We were doing just fine with our health care. Not paid for by employer or anyone else. We paid our own.

I wrote to Barbara Boxer our other California State Senator and here is her reply. Again she also will follow the party line. This again did not address my concerns. It is a canned response.

===========================================================

Dear Mr. Nelson:

Thank you for writing to me about pending health care reform legislation. I am committed to working with President Obama to ensure that Americans have access to high-quality, affordable healthcare that they can rely on. With the right legislation, I believe we can greatly improve care for our families, while containing the growing costs of health care.

The status quo is unsustainable- Americans will spend more than $2.5 trillion on health care this year, more than one in every six dollars in the U.S. economy. In all, we spend twice as much per person on health care than other advanced nations, yet the United States ranks near the bottom of the 30 leading industrialized nations in basic measures of health such as infant mortality and life expectancy.

The situation is even worse for individual families, who are struggling to afford skyrocketing premiums and increased co-pays and deductibles. Health care premiums have more than doubled in the last nine years, and one respected study shows that, if we fail to act, the average California family will have to spend 41 percent of its income for health insurance premiums by 2016.

The growing number of uninsured is also contributing to higher costs- 46 million Americans do not have health insurance, and every day, another 14,000 Americans lose their coverage when they become seriously ill or lose or change their jobs. To make up for the coverage gap, families pay on average an extra $1,100 a year in premium costs.

Moreover, poor regulation of insurance companies means that even those with health insurance coverage are not always guaranteed to get the benefits they are promised. Every day I hear from Californians who can't get health insurance because of a pre-existing condition, or who are denied the medical treatment prescribed by a doctor because of insurance company bureaucrats. This is wrong, and we have to do better for our families.

That is why I have joined President Obama and many of my colleagues in support of some basic principles for action. Any health care reform must allow every American who likes their current health coverage to keep it. Health coverage must be made accessible and affordable, and insurance companies must no longer be allowed to discriminate against those with pre-existing conditions or drop you if you become seriously ill. We must increase investments in prevention and wellness as that will save billions of dollars. And health care reform must not add a single dollar to the Federal deficit.

As we move to enact health care reform, I will fight for a bill that meets these principals. As a U.S. Senator, I can choose from a wide array of health care plans, and I believe that all Americans deserve this opportunity.

Again, thank you for writing to me. Please feel free to contact me again about this or other issues of concern to you.

Barbara Boxer

United States Senator

riverside.gif Riverside CA

The following is my congressmans Email. He is a republican.

==============================================================

Dear Friends:

As the national debate over health care reform continues, I thought you might be interested in reading a recent OpEd that I wrote for the Press-Enterprise. Through TeleTown Halls, mail, phone calls and meetings with groups and individuals, I have heard from thousands of my constituents, many of whom are concerned that the current Pelosi-Waxman Health Reform Bill will force them into a government-run health insurance plan that places low-level bureaucrats between doctors and patients. The way this legislation is written, these concerns are a very real, and wholly unacceptable, possibility.

There is no doubt that the health care system in the United States needs reform, but a plan that scraps the whole system, burdens our children and grandchildren with the task of maintaining over $1,000,000,000,000 in new government spending and gives the government control of 1/6 of our economy is not the answer. We must strive to improve the things that work and change the things that don't.

Sincerely,

Ken Calvert

http://www.pe.com/localnews/opinion/loca...oc.379d4a7.html

• Members

Personally Cyberguy I care not one Iota to hear what either side has to say about health care, because both sides are liars. I prefer to hear it from a third party. Someone had a link to some guy that had lived in England for 5 or so years. And he had some interesting comments about Englands health care. I'm not even going to try and tell anyone what he said. I don't want to spin it to my liking, so I'm go to find the link and place it here as soon as I find it. Also I was listening to NPR the other day and they were mentioning that both germany and france are coming out of there recession, with there version of the clunkers for cash. It seems highly unlikely that that's all it took but that's what they claimed.

pk

phkrause

Here's the link I was talking about.

http://potentialandexpectations.wordpres...lthcare-system/

pk

The best source for information on Obama health care is Obama himself. Listen to what he is telling you. The devil is in the details that he leaves out.

While it is true we can carry our own insurance for a time or when our situation changes.

Read what the CBO says about the millions that will be forced to take "his choice option".

What company in their right mind will continue to insure their employee's for thousands and thousands when they can pay a mere 8% and force you to Obama's option.

He slides around the details in most of what he says.

Personally Cyberguy I care not one Iota to hear what either side has to say about health care, because both sides are liars. I prefer to hear it from a third party. Someone had a link to some guy that had lived in England for 5 or so years. And he had some interesting comments about Englands health care. I'm not even going to try and tell anyone what he said. I don't want to spin it to my liking, so I'm go to find the link and place it here as soon as I find it. Also I was listening to NPR the other day and they were mentioning that both germany and france are coming out of there recession, with there version of the clunkers for cash. It seems highly unlikely that that's all it took but that's what they claimed.

pk

I read one news item that says health care will be passed. Come September Obama will send the message to the bluedog democrats that they will NOT get one dime from the DNC for their relection if they do not support the presidents health care bill. Enough will cave to pass the bill. The same will happen in the senate. The democrats will go at it alone without republican support as they will not get it anyway.

Yes the democrats expect to lose Ground in 2010 but they expect to lose no more than 12 to 18 seats. They can afford to lose that if they get this health care bill passed. Expect the arm twisting to start come September and expect the bill to be passed by October. I hope this is not the case but it would seem Obama is being urged to use strong arm tactics to force the blue dog democrats into line.

I hope you're wrong about the bill getting passed.

I hope I am wrong as well for a health care run by the government would be bad for everyone in the long term. But we may be lucky. Obama may not have the stomach for arm twisting and the political outcry on Fox news it would create. We shall have to wait and see. So far Obama is a weak president and has not shown any leadership skills at all. In the case of the health bill that is good. God help is if Al Quaida hits us during Obamas term in office.

Originally Posted By: CyberGuy
God help is if Al Quaida hits us during Obamas term in office.

I know. He may have to go over and give them a good talking to.

Obama is very cunning. Anything he says can be tailored to answer any question someone may have.No facts,just denials.

When can we expect the "separation of church of church and state.

When Obama voted against medical care for those stubborn little aborted babies born alive he did not "invoke God" "being your brothers keeper" and our moral obligation to everyone to provide their insurance. Where are the anti-religion screamers when Obama is courting a number of religious leaders. Didn't we have a lot of that here for President Bushs "Faith based charities?

Wonder what "my brother's keeper" means to Obama.His literal brother is living in a 6 x 9 hut. Wonder what his health care is like.

His dear auntie,one he mentions in his book,lives in subsidized housing and last I heard she could be deported.

May be his statement of "my brothers keeper" only began when he had our money to work with.

When Obama voted against medical care for those stubborn little aborted babies born alive he did not "invoke God"

This one really bothers me when I think about it.

Originally Posted By: Bonnie
When Obama voted against medical care for those stubborn little aborted babies born alive he did not "invoke God"

This one really bothers me when I think about it.

Never fear,don't let this bother you.Obama has said that they and God are partners. Got to wonder if he is God's partner in this hideous event

At least that was his answer to Rick Warren along with the answer to that "was beyond his pay grade"

Is it possible that he is placing the responsibility on God for his actions or inaction

First of all, it's ol' Axelrod who has made his claim to fame with astroturfing. This concept of "protest" is so entrenched on the political left that they automatically think that any right wing protest must necessarily be the same.

I oppose HR3200 for many more reasons than merely the public option or Medicare payment bundling. There is so much evil in the bill being masquaraded as "kindness to the disadvantaged" I hardly know where to begin. Any conservative worth the name should vote the whole thing down. I believe there is nothing in the bill worthy of compromise and negotiation by a conservative. It is so fervently opposed to anything conservative, so very "in-your-face" statist, that it should be carried solely by the political left if they have to courage to declare who and what they are without the need for Senatorial shenanigans like "reconciliation".

If it is so very good, the political left has the filibuster-proof 60 votes needed to pass it. Do it.

That they must resort to the "reconciliation" manuever (and blame it on the Repubs) is again parroting and telling the Big Lie. The media won't tell you the real problem is that a number of Democrats fear the wrath of the public on this one. Easier to blame the Mensheviks than to expose the division of the Bolsheviks...

It is good that America is (finally) beginning to pay attention to the manure flowing out of Congress. Every little diatribe about protesters being Nazis, and Americans not knowing what is good for them, only makes them angrier.

"As iron sharpens iron, so also does one man sharpen another" - Proverbs 27:17

"The offense of the cross is that the cross is a confession of human frailty and sin and of inability to do any good thing. To take the cross of Christ means to depend solely on Him for everything, and this is the abasement of all human pride. Men love to fancy themselves independent. But let the cross be preached, let it be made known that in man dwells no good thing and that all must be received as a gift, and straightway someone is offended." Ellet J. Waggoner, The Glad Tidings

"Courage is being scared to death - and saddling up anyway" - John Wayne

"The person who pays an ounce of principle for a pound of popularity gets badly cheated" - Ronald Reagan