ClubAdventist is back!

Angry people about Obama's Health Care Plan

There must have been somewhere I said we had no unemployment problems.

I think what I said is even in a recession we had relatively high employment. Have we had up and downs,yup,will we again,of course. I don't think 8.2 is the highest unemployment rate across the US.

It does not change anything.There is welfare,there is WIC,there is medicaid,there is MN care.

There are schools for pregnant teen girls that provide free day care till they graduate. Once out of high school college is available with grants ,scholarships and day care provided.

But the trick to success in a lot of this is motivation. You just can't give that to someone.That has to come from them.

Many get their education without being spoon fed.Many hold two jobs when one is not enough. They go without cable,internet,convenience foods,name brand clothing.

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bonnie

• CyberGuy

• phkrause

• Woody

Top Posters In This Topic

State and National Unemployment Rates

Minnesota's seasonally adjusted unemployment rate fell to 8.1 percent in July, down three-tenths of a percentage point from June. The total number of unemployed fell by 8,700 and the number of employed rose by 17,418 compared to June.

The national unemployment rate fell slightly to 9.4 percent in July.

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

I agree Bonnie individual have to be motivated to make changes in their life. Yes, it has to come from them along with the help of a higher power. My God is able.

Be Blessed.

I agree Bonnie individual have to be motivated to make changes in their life. Yes, it has to come from them along with the help of a higher power. My God is able.

I am quite sure he is but not sure what it is you mean.

Because your God is able does that mean all will be motivated by a higher power?

God does not force or cram a desire to do better on anyone. There will always be those that slip thru the cracks. Many will work hard and never become wealthy or even comfortable,

It is a disservice to those that just want the hand out to survive to let them continue.To many do need help and far to much goes to those that feel that they have a right to someone else's hard work.

He (God) is able to help you conquer the challenges in one's life,

I said nothing about "force or cram".

I was never questioning what God is able to do.What I am questioning how far do we go for those that refuse to do what they can

What is to be done as far as lifelong "I am my brother's keeper" party that will not help himself. Only take and take. And complain and complain. Ignore them,leave them without insurance ,keep feeding because they feel they have a right to the labors of another.

We have the mandates in MN to help most. You didn't seem to think it enough. What is it we are to do,provide shelter,food,clothing and medical care from cradle to grave?

While those in true need often go without because there is not the funding.

What else should we be providing? How much of "my brother's keeper" should the federal government mandate?

Maybe before Obama and friends invoke God and claim him to be a partner they need to seriously look at their own conduct.

The government is good about telling us what we should do,maybe so many wouldn't be so opposed if Obama followed his

own demands of others, telling the American people to sacrifice and be out brother's keeper.

When Obama takes care of his own,when he and the rest of the administration give up their cushy insurance and go on the same garbage he is giving us,when he truly becomes his brother's keeper before he chastises others. Otherwise keep his hypocritical mouth shut.

When he finally gets around to explain the health care bill maybe he will understand why so many of it are afraid. Before he can do that he has to read the over thousand pages. So when he says that or this is untrue he would have an idea if what he was saying was indeed true.

• Members

It didn't offend me at all Zeta, but it was strange. Usually that is true, when using all caps. But no harm done. People could've been a little more polite about telling you about the caps. Hope you had a great Sabbath.

pk

phkrause

Obstinacy is a barrier to all improvement. - ChL 60

Yes. I agree pk. Doing it in public rarely comes out right. That is why I warned Zeta by PM. I knew the onslaught would be coming.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

I have also heard that in that health care bill the government gives itself the right to access everyones checking and or savings account so the can deduct the medical premiums and taxes on the health care bill if one does not pay the tax such as a self employed person. Also so they can tell how much income one is taking in etc. I do not like the idea of the government snooping into my checking account and taking money out without my permission.

Also anyone not on a private health care plan would be forced to go on a public health care plan and there would be no choice. Even if you wanted a private one you would be forced to go to the public one.

riverside.gif Riverside CA

Quote:
I have also heard that in that health care bill the government gives itself the right to access everyones checking and or savings account so the can deduct the medical premiums and taxes on the health care bill if one does not pay the tax such as a self employed person. Also so they can tell how much income one is taking in etc. I do not like the idea of the government snooping into my checking account and taking money out without my permission.

This is in the bill. It is on page 58 or 59. Even if that would not be in the final bill it doesn't take rocket science to know where that is heading

Quote:
Also anyone not on a private health care plan would be forced to go on a public health care plan and there would be no choice. Even if you wanted a private one you would be forced to go to the public one.
If you are not on private or public plan the penalty is around 2500.00. The IRS will be taking care of that.

You can remain on a private plan if you are on one when the bill goes into effect. Any change,losing your job,changing jobs,change in what your insurance company has previously issued makes you ineligible for finding another private company. In time along with the employer's that are going to dump their health care coverage for their employee's ,private coverage will be phased out

I'm wondering why you call it Obama's plan when Obama is not writing it, Congress is. From what I have heard about it, it doesn't sound to me much like what Obama would have written.

I'm wondering why you call it Obama's plan when Obama is not writing it, Congress is. From what I have heard about it, it doesn't sound to me much like what Obama would have written.

Maybe because Obama is pushing what he admits to not having read.

It is exactly what Obama is after. Except the single payer plan might be a few years down the road.

He has a list of advisors(czars) in this that have some "very different ideas" about health care

Obama is doing a whole lot pushing this plan and trying to ram it down our throats. If Obama did not like the plan he could veto it but he has said he will sign it without even reading it. What kind of person would do that. Sign a bill he has not even read. It could be the worst bill in history but he would sign it just so he can say he signed the national health bill into existance. So yes it is Obamas health care bill.

• Moderators

What kind of person would do that. Sign a bill he has not even read. It could be the worst bill in history but he would sign it just so he can say he signed the national health bill into existance. So yes it is Obamas health care bill.

Probably most modern day Presidents did not read entire bills before they signed them. They probably read the executive summaries designed to convey an entire document's main points, an executive summary is primarily written for time-constrained executives whose hectic schedules do not afford them with ample time to thoroughly review all the documents that come across their desk. As an independent element placed at the beginning of a lengthy document, an executive summary provides an overview of the essence and energy in a document through clear, compelling and non-technical communication.

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

Originally Posted By: CyberGuy
What kind of person would do that. Sign a bill he has not even read. It could be the worst bill in history but he would sign it just so he can say he signed the national health bill into existance. So yes it is Obamas health care bill.

Probably most modern day Presidents did not read entire bills before they signed them. They probably read the executive summaries designed to convey an entire document's main points, an executive summary is primarily written for time-constrained executives whose hectic schedules do not afford them with ample time to thoroughly review all the documents that come across their desk. As an independent element placed at the beginning of a lengthy document, an executive summary provides an overview of the essence and energy in a document through clear, compelling and non-technical communication.

Most modern day presidents have not tried to take over that much of the US economy and get involved with dictating health care. Clinton tried it and it was a no sale.I think Obama will get by with it to a degree.

You don't label,name call insult and belittle those that have read the very bill you haven't.

You don't deny what is in there or what isn't as you have no idea

• Moderators

It's OK, keep going, ignore the point of the post and say what you have to say anyway. cool1

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

It's OK, keep going, ignore the point of the post and say what you have to say anyway. cool1

Didn't realize there anything to keep going with.It matters little what any previous president has done. Obama is president now and it stops with him,whatever it is

The point of the post seems to be defending Obama for not reading and knowing details he is insisting on.

Obama is also the one that said "line by line" he would go thru any bill.

He has made statements as to what he would like. Bundling medicare payments is one biggy.

He has demonized pediatricians and primary care givers.

Obama needs to honor his word if he remembers what it was. He doesn't seem to realize that there are those in the world that would say no as many have lately.

• Moderators

What your saying is that it doesn't matter what reality is you'll keep posting your unsubstantiated opinions.

Einstein

What your saying is that it doesn't matter what reality is you'll keep posting your unsubstantiated opinions.

As long as you keep making your unsubstantianed opinions

A fact or opinion you cannot deny

He has made statements as to what he would like. Bundling medicare payments is one biggy.

He has demonized pediatricians and primary care givers.

Fact or opinion you cannot deny

Obama needs to honor his word if he remembers what it was. He doesn't seem to realize that there are those in the world that would say no as many have lately.

A opinion you certainly can deny but most people expect this

If you are not on private or public plan the penalty is around 2500.00. The IRS will be taking care of that.

You can remain on a private plan if you are on one when the bill goes into effect. Any change,losing your job,changing jobs,change in what your insurance company has previously issued makes you ineligible for finding another private company. In time along with the employer's that are going to dump their health care coverage for their employee's ,private coverage will be phased out

Fact or opinion that is in the bill Obama is pushing and hasn't read

Cyberguy said.....I have also heard that in that health care bill the government gives itself the right to access everyones checking and or savings account so the can deduct the medical premiums and taxes on the health care bill if one does not pay the tax such as a self employed person. Also so they can tell how much income one is taking in etc. I do not like the idea of the government snooping into my checking account and taking money out without my permission.

Maybe because Obama is pushing what he admits to not having read.

It is exactly what Obama is after. Except the single payer plan might be a few years down the road.

He has a list of advisors(czars) in this that have some "very different ideas" about health care

Fact or opinion,Obama has stated he wants a single payer plan

Then how can Obama defend a bill he has not read. How can he say the Republicans are saying falsehoods when people can read the bill and what Obama says is NOT in the bill newsmen has read that it is indeed in the bill that Obama is not there. Does that make Obama a liar or just ignorant. Do you want a liar as president or just an ignorant one. Either case is not good.

Now the liberals have been caught on tape coaching protestors what to chant and to shout down anyone who does not want health care reform. He was heard to tell the protestors. "When a person gets up to speak against health care reform shout him down and shouth. "Health care NOW. Health Care Now."

So much for the charge the republicans were the ones orchestrating this so called Astroturf protest. Now the liberals have been caught red handed doing what they blame the republicans of doing.

What say you to this Tom Wetmore?

CyberGuy. This is the hypocrisy of the left.

I believe in Hematology.

I was just listening to Pat Caddell,a democrat. The president's

approval numbers continue to fall.No other president that was elected with the wide margin Obama was has ever fallen so far so fast.

Keep up the good work Obama

Quote:

Boy .... are we a long ways from that. He was determined to say anything to get elected. Now .... he won't allow ANYone to go through the bills he wants. Dictatorship in my mind.

I believe in Hematology.