ClubAdventist is back!

Moderator has died

aka

Busybob was moderator a while back here on ClubAdventist.

He participated mostly in Sabbath School and Townhall.

Jan. 15 2003 he registered at ClubA after finding this site while doing a web search. Since then he had posted 1,285 messages.

His birthday was Sept 27th and he liked eating superlinks and steamed veggies.

Robert Moore was his name in real. Much happened in his life that goes untold here. He was a disabled veteran.

I am sure the members of Ceres STA Church in central California will miss him sorely.

We onliners who spoke with him stand still and bow our heads in a minute of reverance for yet another of us who has gone to their spiritual sleep. He was one awaiting the resurrection of the righteous.On this Forum he bore witness to his personal belief in Jesus as his Savior.

He knew his Lord.

It brings me to hush awe to think how many left of us online who might go the way of busybob in the next short period of time. This reality makes me want to all the more hate ad homenium attacks on the brethren when hot stuff gets going in topic threads. All our evil sounding words or downing the other one with false witness, or putting them in bad light before others must stop before they die. We need to be at love one with another. We need to make admends. We need to atone our broken relationships and say we are sorry if we have hurt and offended our brother or sister.

Forgive one another as Christ has forgiven you,

pray for one another as Christ is doing now for you,

bear the burdens of one another as Christ bears you as his burden,

seek the good in one another as Christ is the source of that good,

And speak to one another as you would speak to Christ Himself.

Turmeric

If we can't get along here one wonders what makes us think we can get along in eternity. I once heard Pat Robertson on the 700 Club say that if he was wrong about his beliefs he would apoligize on his way up [to heaven]. Well, if we discover we are wrong before that there is no reason to wait but most of us will not see ourselves as God sees us until that final day.

I do believe we can disagree as brothers and sisters in Christ civilly. Each of us is a sinner and subject to be mistaken. While we may hold strong beliefs, on that final day we may discover how wrong we were.

I appreciate everyone here and miss each that leave regardless if it is due to death or something else. Busybob will be missed by his online family for sure. Unless a brother leaves behind minor children, we need not morn his death as we know the joy of heaven that awaits his awakening. I don't know how old our brother was but I hope he left no little children behind without a daddy.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

I mentioned Bob in my sabbath school class today.

Some know my serious/rough approach and it upset Bob when I first got here. After awhile I remember getting a PM of apology from him..after he tuned into me...I was happy to get it..because I knew he understood me then.I PM'd him back and said all was ok and was glad we were reconciled. I helped him out with the SS thread after that when he had to do some traveling...later on he got weaker and NICO helped out some and did a great job posting..

bye busybob..I miss your presence here..

Shane:

Quote:

Unless a brother leaves behind minor children, we need not morn his death as we know the joy of heaven that awaits his awakening.

What a very strange thing to say...

confused.gif Does this mean that you do not value his life as much as a father with minor children? Does this mean that he is less important? Does this mean that unless he was a father of minor children, no one else could have benefitted from his love and comfort? Would not a wife, brother, sister, adult child, friend, etc. have every right to mourn his loss and to miss his love and fellowship?

As far as we know, Lazarus in the Bible had no minor children, yet it is recorded that at his grave "Jesus wept". - John 11:35

Is it not OK for us to show compassion and follow Jesus' example?

JimBob7:

Quote:

Some know my serious/rough approach...

This may be so, but many may not understand this. Thus, you run the risk of alienating people who may not have the time, patience and energy to bear with you until they discover that.

Would it not then be better to "be wise as a serpent, but as harmless as a dove"?

Believe me, you would not lose your personality, but would rather be refining your character and communication in Christ toward others.

Amen Turmeric. I was blessed twice this Sabbath morning with messages from heaven urging an attitude of caring and love toward my brethren. The first service I heard was preached on Matthew 17:24-27. He focused not on the tax coin but on how Jesus, while sometimes recognizing speaking the truth would bring offense, never gave unnecessary offense, never used his rights or his being right as an excuse to rub others wrong on purpose. And he even cited the same text Stan has placed in our remembrance here at the top of each forum page, Romans 14:1.

The second blessing, a later service elsewhere, brought home the message of Philippians 2:4: Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but to the interests of others. The speaker said many things I think JimBob in particular would appreciate, about how many Christians go to church week after week with the same infantile cries as babies: "feed me" and "change me". He said that growing and maturity did not consist in collecting new insights -- going to church for self to be fed and "fixed" for another week (religious "dope") -- but in focusing outward away from self onto others. He then listed several things to do to develop and demonstrate an interest in others:

• Listen to them
  • Pay attention to them
  • Consider their point of view (even the most "vile" have something to share, something to say, a need to be heard)
  • See Jesus in them (any "idiot" can find fault but it takes true genius to find what is lovely in another and bring it out)
I was deeply touched by both messages. I know I have sometimes been an offender here on this forum in terms of letting my reactions dictate how I treat my brothers and sisters when we disagree. I know I am not the only one, but I AM the only one that I can do something about. By the grace of God I choose to do so. I also want to offer my apologies to anyone for whom my words have been wounding, especially when in any sense they have been a stumbling block to cause bitterness or grudgebearing in you, or a breach in your spirit so your connection with the Living God was tainted or in any way compromised. Please forgive me for putting myself and my feelings first and treating you accordingly.

I would ask the help of others here, that if I am falling short on this, not to cajole or provoke me further, which arouses my rebellious nature (and is counterproductive, even destructive, for me) but instead to try to quietly call attention to the simple fact that I sound as if I have strayed from my stated intent. Should I genuinely feel I have not, then please, engage me in dialogue, teach me what offends you and why. I cannot know the mind of another unless they share it. Be patient with me, as Christ is patient with you.

And Busybob, dear brother, you will be missed here, and more sorely by those who had the greater privilege of knowing you more personally.

Shalom,

Nico

"After such knowledge, what forgiveness?" -- T.S. Eliot

Brother Lewis, my point is simply this. We all have to die and we accept that. However we hope (at least I do) that we don't die before our children are grown and that if we leave a wife behind, that we don't leave her in debt.

It has nothing to do with the dead. The dead know not anything. We mourn for those left behind and it is always a sad situation when a man dies with little children or leaves his wife in debt.

Our Brother Bob now sleeps in Christ awaiting His soon return. The next thing he will see is the lovely face of the Creator, calling him home. There is no reason to be sad for Borther Bob. However we are drawn into sympathy for those who loved him and feel a loss without him.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

Quote:

Believe me, you would not lose your personality, but would rather be refining your character and communication in Christ toward others.

This is a good point, Anthony, and reminds me of Matthew 16:25: "For whoever wants to save his life[:"red"][fn][/] will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me will find it," which is also in Mark 8:35. The [:"red"]footnote[/] on the word "life" indicates that the word used in the Greek can mean either life OR soul -- and as we know, the soul is the seat of the personality. I wonder how many times I am simply afraid of losing my personality when I hold back or even refuse to allow myself to be refined in character and communication, in Christ, toward others.

Another thing I want to try to start and keep doing: speaking for myself instead of in generalities. It's a bad habit to hide under a blanket of generalities. Everyone's sin. Everyone's judgments. Everyone's this or that -- nice safe place to stuff mine where I don't have to look at it, you know? That way I can appear to be open-eyed, fearless, and honest while being a lying coward wearing blinders. It's the oldest trick in the book, on page 156 right next to Smoke and Mirrors: Hiding in Plain Sight.

Instead I will speak of MY problem: MY sin. MY judgments. MY experience with this or that thing. Not someone else. Not "everyone" else. Not hypothetical "anyone" else. Not even a polite "we" -- how do I know whether my problem is yours? -- but just I. Case in point, I already had to change:

Quote:

I wonder how many times
we are
simply afraid of losing
our
personalities
when
we
hold back or even refuse to allow
ourselves
to be refined in character and communication...

• to

Quote:

I wonder how many times I am simply afraid of losing my
personality
when I hold back or even refuse to allow myself to be refined in character and communication...

That's what I'm talking about with that one ... to make myself look at myself. It's ME in there, that's ME wondering that, not some vague "we" somewhere out there, but ME, that is MY question, because that is MY issue, not someone else's. I mean, sure, it COULD be someone else's, but I don't know that. I only know it is mine.

"After such knowledge, what forgiveness?" -- T.S. Eliot

Quote:

The second blessing, a later service elsewhere, brought home the message of Philippians 2:4:
Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but to the interests of others.
The speaker said many things I think JimBob in particular would appreciate, about how many Christians go to church week after week with the same infantile cries as babies: "feed me" and "change me". He said that growing and maturity did not consist in collecting new insights -- going to church for self to be fed and "fixed" for another week (religious "dope") -- but in focusing outward away from self onto others. He then listed several things to do to develop and demonstrate an interest in others:
  • Listen to them
  • Pay attention to them
  • Consider their point of view (even the most "vile" have something to share, something to say, a need to be heard)
  • See Jesus in them (any "idiot" can find fault but it takes true genius to find what is lovely in another and bring it out)

They must be in my class mittelgr124.gif

I shared that if you take this verse to heart...be prepared to be called/labeled a busybody..especially by those who are on some guilt trip of shame.

• Moderators

I mourn the loss of a fine Christian gentleman.

There are many other thoughts on this thread and I wonder how appropriate some are when we are considering the life and loss of such a man. But I guess we all perceive the death of others in the context of how it affects us and our attitudes.

• Moderators

I think some people tend to discuss death only in the abstract.

There seems to be a different approach among those who have lost someone they loved dearly -- or among those who actually knew BusyBob intimately.

Jeannie<br /><br /><br />...Change is inevitable; growth is optional....

Thanks everyone for thinking of BusyBob. I am sensitive to his passing, and I hope that we all can learn and grow from considering the apparent fine example of a Christian man he was. Special thanks to Nico for your introspection - it really made me look at myself, too! You are a sister in Christ! I love you! Hallelujah!

Blessings,

Tony

Group.gif

P.S. Thanks, Shane for expanding on your thoughts - that helped me understand. Thanks JimBob7 for the doves... Shalom!