ClubAdventist is back!

Adventist Congresswoman

Rep. Jackson Lee Ignores Constituent At Health-Care Forum

Quote:
When a constituent stood up and posed a question to Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee (D-Texas) on Tuesday, the congresswoman wasn't exactly listening.

The constituent, identified as Tracy Miller on a video posted on YouTube, was well into her question about health-care reform when she realized Jackson Lee was talking on her cell phone.

"She's not even listening," someone in the room shouted.

Another voice in the crowd is heard on tape saying, "Seriously? Really, I mean, come on. Dude."

Indeed, the congresswoman is seen chatting on her cell phone as Miller, who said she is a cancer survivor, calmly continues to ask her question. The congresswoman soon hung up, put her cell phone away and answered the question.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

Check out this site and look at the data column on the right side.

Wikipedia: Shelia Jackson Lee

Born: January 12, 1950 (1950-01-12) (age 59)

Queens, New York City, New York

Political party: Democratic

Spouse(s): Dr. Elwyn C. Lee

Residence: Houston, Texas

Alma mater: Yale University

University of Virginia Law School

Profession: attorney

Religion: Seventh Day Adventist

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

• Moderators

OK, I just saw Shane's post with the same info. Guess it's pretty well establish.

Sheila Jackson Lee

AKA Sheila Jackson

Born: 12-Jan-1950

Birthplace: Queens, NY

Religion: Seventh Day Adventist

Race or Ethnicity: Black

Sexual orientation: Straight

Party Affiliation: Democratic

http://www.nndb.com/people/400/000039283/

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

• Moderators

Ever heard of Cynthia McKinney? She is a former Congresswoman from Georgia (the first black woman to represent that state) and a close friend of Sheila Jackson Lee's. As far as I know Cynthia is still in jail in Israel after here arrest during a protest there in July. She is Roman Catholic.

If you look closely at the bottom picture you will see several well known people, including the reporter for Fox News, in the blue shirt holding the microphone.

These are pictures of her that I took at the demonstrations in Denver this last August:

post-1796-140967434246_thumb.jpg

post-1796-140967434251_thumb.jpg

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

• Moderators

The wikipedia says she is Roman Catholic, and yes, she did strike that capital security guard.

• Moderators

Naw, she's too far to the Left for me. So is Sheila Jackson Lee.

Here are Cynthia's positions:

http://www.ontheissues.org/Cynthia_McKinney.htm

Just because someone says they are SDA .... does not mean they are SDA. They may just have that preference. I wonder if she is actually a member of a local church.??? Is she on the church books as far as anyone knows?

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

• Members

I wonder if she still is a practicing SDA.

pk

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Moderators

Not sure but here are her political positions, almost exactly the same as those of her friend, Cynthia McKinney.

http://www.issues2000.org/tx/Sheila_Jackson_Lee.htm

There used to be another SDA person in the US Congress. His name was Jerry Pettis, and he was a Republican and represented Loma Linda and other parts of Southern California. Before being elected to Congress, he had been an SDA evangelist, and he continued to be active in the church until he was killed in an accident in 1975.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerry_Pettis

HEY REDWOOD

THIS are good questions

but why would a person say

the are S.D.A. if they are not????

most people know that i am a S.D.A.

in the APT complex I live in but

it took a while the people would see

my dressed up on sabbath and would ask

why am I dressed up so I had to tell them

some had hear of S.D.A. others had no clue

until I explain a little

dgrimm60

Have you ever been to the Hospital? They ask you what your religious 'preference' is. It does not mean that you are officially a member ... it is just asking what your 'preference' is. Members of Congress are asked the same thing. What is your 'preference'?

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

• Members

Hey dgrimm, I think there is a difference between saying you are a SDA and actually being a practicing SDA. There are many that say they are RC, Methodist, Baptist, etc. but don't really follow or practice what they preach.

pk

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}