ClubAdventist is back!

Arguing with a dining room table!!!

Sadly ... we became an 'Obama-nation' during the first part of the year. But we are beginning to see the light.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

• Administrators

reyes

Res Ipsa Loquitur

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

• Administrators

Originally Posted By: Tom Wetmore

They were. It was covered and reported repeatedly by all the major news media. What news were you paying attention to if you missed that?

The news I was looking for or expecting to hear is the life history of this man. His financial history' date='what he makes per year and everything else that really wasn't anyone's business. He asked a question and for that his life was turned upside down.

How much more serious is a idiot with a gun at that type of meeting and with the president of the US present.

If the media dissected this man I did not hear it. Who was he,where is he from,is he part of a militia,what he had for breakfast. This is what the media has done in the past. [/quote']

Yes, as a matter of fact, the media has checked into the Arizona gun slingers. It was a staged event by Ernest Hancock of Freedoms Phoenix an online radio talk show host and frequent defender of the Viper Militia and someone that believed that Waco and 9/11 were events staged by the government. (Hancock was the pistol packing "reporter" interviewing the other gun slingers. Sooo... indeed these are conspiracy nutjobs with militia sympathies, if not militia connections.

But you have to pay attention to something besides the right wing "news" sources like Fox Noise to know that...

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

• Administrators

You are not important enough in my life to have any desire to hide anything from you...

saywathinking

Sooo... what you are saying is that you only hide things from those that are important in your life?!?!

duno

Originally Posted By: bonnie
It is a liberal organization with a membership that strongly reflects that.

And again, from what credible source do you get this?

Quote:

Yes, as a matter of fact, the media has checked into the Arizona gun slingers. It was a staged event by Ernest Hancock of Freedoms Phoenix an online radio talk show host and frequent defender of the Viper Militia and someone that believed that Waco and 9/11 were events staged by the government. (Hancock was the pistol packing "reporter" interviewing the other gun slingers. Sooo... indeed these are conspiracy nutjobs with militia sympathies, if not militia connections.

But you have to pay attention to something besides the right wing "news" sources like Fox Noise to know that...

You need to quit assuming and implying. I did not hear them give the going over,the same scrutiny as Joe the PLumber.

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

Quote:

Sooo... what you are saying is that you only hide things from those that are important in your life?!?!

No but I can see why you took what I said in that way.

Quote:
And again, from what credible source do you get this?

AARP having a very serious liberal bent is something that most know.

The exact time and name of the individual that came from I don't know.

I do know they have a very powerful lobby. I know it is quite liberal and they take in a great deal of money. Maybe Obama and friends can now investigate this private org

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

• Administrators

I have been watching for the signs and guess what -

post-109-140967434813_thumb.jpg

• Members

A little off topic Tom, but going along your line of thought. This guy that is going home to Libya, on FoxNews you'd think that the demo's were paying for him to go home, but when I went to another station they said that Gadaffy (sp) had sent his own private jet to bring this terrorist home. Even though I do enjoy Fox, I have to admit there spin is pretty gross sometimes.

pk

phkrause

Obstinacy is a barrier to all improvement. - ChL 60

Do the math. 60,000 represents 0.15% of that membership. That is statistically very insignificant. AARP also reported that on average they normally lose 300,000 members per month. That means that 80% left AARP for reasons other than AARP's healthcare position.

I heard this story on Good Morning America and they did not include this little extra information. If the above quote is true, GMA shouldn't have even been reporting on this story and if they did, they should have included this information.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

Back on topic:

Regardless who Barney Frank was speaking to, his behavior and attitude is very unbecoming of a congressman. He deserves to lose re-election just for having such an elitist attitude.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

The woman's political party affiliation is not the point. It is her obvious hatred of Obama which motivates her.

Most of those fighting the health care reform are those who subconsciously dislike Obama. They're cutting off their noses to spite their faces.

Roger Ebert tells it like it is....

http://blogs.suntimes.com/ebert/2009/08/death_panels_an_excellent_phra.html

[thanks to Bravus for finding it]

Hatred of Obama? Any disagreement of Obama's thoughts now labeled "hatred"? Those fighting the health care "reform" "subconciously dislike" Obama? What drivel!

Sorry, Jeanie, that kind of talk is what Americans are indeed rebelling against. That kind of rhetoric comes out of 3rd world politics, and will get an American's blood boiling every time.

More and more Americans (right, center and left) are coming out against it - because they are being encouraged to log in, dowload the bill, and read it for themselves. They do not like what they are reading, they do not like hearing their President say he hasn't read it, and when they come with relevant questions - they are told this?

And people of the Obama camp are shocked that people get angry as a response?

When people of the political left cease their addiction to ridicule of those who oppose them (whether left or right), maybe then real solutions can be found.

"As iron sharpens iron, so also does one man sharpen another" - Proverbs 27:17

"The offense of the cross is that the cross is a confession of human frailty and sin and of inability to do any good thing. To take the cross of Christ means to depend solely on Him for everything, and this is the abasement of all human pride. Men love to fancy themselves independent. But let the cross be preached, let it be made known that in man dwells no good thing and that all must be received as a gift, and straightway someone is offended." Ellet J. Waggoner, The Glad Tidings

"Courage is being scared to death - and saddling up anyway" - John Wayne

"The person who pays an ounce of principle for a pound of popularity gets badly cheated" - Ronald Reagan

...Except they have no interest in a man that carries a gun to a town meeting with Obama. Wonder why they are not all over that?

They were. It was covered and reported repeatedly by all the major news media. What news were you paying attention to if you missed that?

Yep. And I'll bet you came away with the great intellectual conclusion it was a WHITE RACIST who was carrying that firearm, as well, if the MSM was your source of news. Why, only white racists are protesting Obama at these events, right?

"The offense of the cross is that the cross is a confession of human frailty and sin and of inability to do any good thing. To take the cross of Christ means to depend solely on Him for everything, and this is the abasement of all human pride. Men love to fancy themselves independent. But let the cross be preached, let it be made known that in man dwells no good thing and that all must be received as a gift, and straightway someone is offended." Ellet J. Waggoner, The Glad Tidings

"The person who pays an ounce of principle for a pound of popularity gets badly cheated" - Ronald Reagan

The news I was looking for or expecting to hear is the life history of this man. His financial history' date='what he makes per year and everything else that really wasn't anyone's business. He asked a question and for that his life was turned upside down.

How much more serious is a idiot with a gun at that type of meeting and with the president of the US present.

If the media dissected this man I did not hear it. Who was he,where is he from,is he part of a militia,what he had for breakfast. This is what the media has done in the past. [/quote']

Let's be just a little more honest with the facts, there.

First, Every political event is "staged". Today, given the political strategies on both sides, every protest and counterprotest is going to be staged. What is more, every "disruption" of these events are also very likely "staged". Remember Code Pink "disrupting" Congress a few years back? Congress and the media made the point to sound like, "We don't know HOW those people got in...", yet later found to have been given express entry by certain Democrat political hacks to do the very disruption desired by the Left against Bush. Memories are indeed short...so let's quit trying to use the "staged" label to impugn, can we?

Next, Ernie Hancock is not a reporter. He is a Libertarian radio talk show host, and he was in pursuance of that role interviewing others who took the Second Amendment seriously. That is simply pusuing his career - and both the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution give latitude for that.

Third, the man majorly in question about being the "gunslinger" (another unneeded perjorative) was a young black man who was exercising his open carry rights according to Arizona and Federal Law. He was there simply to sound out his beliefs on the Second Amendment - nothing more. Yet the media turned this into a fiasco about armed racists with militia connections....sound familiar? But one would have to pay attention to something more than the usual statist media reporting to find that out.

The Secret Service wasn't going to touch him, for a) he was openly carrying according to law; B) he was lawfully petitioning; c) arresting him would have caused more problems than it would of solved.

In fact, I would have to believe that the Secret Service was quite relieved his weopon was being openly carried. They could see at a moment if the man shifted the weopon into a threating posture. It's the weopon they can't see that they must worry about.

Yet none of these would prevent the MS media from going into template mode about those who bear firearms legally. They know they can shape many thoughts with their reporting...

Next, using the term "militia" as a negative belies what you know about militias. Most are not conspiracy theorists, racists, or "nutjobs" (yet another unneeded perjorative). Most are hard-working Americans who simply take their freedom and liberty seriously. Their beliefs on the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution set them apart from most people; otherwise, they are pretty much your average Joe citizen. You could walk right past one in any American Mall and never suspect a thing.

They gather and train together in what our Founding Father's had envisioned to be our first line of defense against enemies foreign and domestic.

Oooo. Ouch - that last one is what gets most people today. We can't imagine there are Americans preparing for the eventuality to repel enemies domestic. They simply can't be up to any good, can they?

Truthfully, I have yet to hear a single MS media reporting of any militia that was positive....and that cuts counter to what I've read on the subject. Such one-sided reporting is propaganda, not good journalism. And such is what I see being promulgated as "news" from the MS media on most subjects today. Even FOX News (whom you mentioned with obvious scorn)must be given a measure of double check and fact-checking.

With that, I will close. The alarmism and perjoratives used as "intellectual argument" belies the opposite - they are statements made more on emotions outside of reasoning rather than the desire to be honest in assessment and resolution in differences. Sadly, both left and right run this little circle without end.

Rolling on...

Back on topic:

Regardless who Barney Frank was speaking to, his behavior and attitude is very unbecoming of a congressman. He deserves to lose re-election just for having such an elitist attitude.

Quite right, Shane. And this treatment was toward his own constituents.

If those people who (sparingly) clapped at Barney's retort would realize he would have said the same to them should they have disagreed, he would be in a lot of hot water come 2010.

However, he will have a lot of ACORN help come the next election.

Quote:

Next, Ernie Hancock is not a reporter. He is a Libertarian radio talk show host, and he was in pursuance of that role interviewing others who took the Second Amendment seriously. That is simply pusuing his career - and both the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution give latitude for that.

Third, the man majorly in question about being the "gunslinger" (another unneeded perjorative) was a young black man who was exercising his open carry rights according to Arizona and Federal Law. He was there simply to sound out his

n shape many thoughts with their reporting...

Next, using the term "militia" as a negative belies what you know about militias. Most are not conspiracy theorists, racists, or "nutjobs" (yet another unneeded perjorative). Most are hard-working Americans who simply take their freedom and liberty seriously. Their beliefs on the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution set them apart from most people; otherwise, they are pretty much your average Joe citizen. You could walk right past one in any American Mall and never suspect a thing.

They gather and train together in what our Founding Father's had envisioned to be our first line of defense against enemies foreign and domestic.

Oooo. Ouch - that last one is what gets most people today. We can't imagine there are Americans preparing for the eventuality to repel enemies domestic. They simply can't be up to any good, can they?

Truthfully, I have yet to hear a single MS media reporting of any militia that was positive....and that cuts counter to what I've read on the subject. Such one-sided reporting is propaganda, not good journalism. And such is what I see being promulgated as "news" from the MS media on most subjects today. Even FOX News (whom you mentioned with obvious scorn)must be given a measure of double check and fact-checking.

With that, I will close. The alarmism and perjoratives used as "intellectual argument" belies the opposite - they are statements made more on emotions outside of reasoning rather than the desire to be honest in assessment and resolution in differences. Sadly, both left and right run this little circle without end.

Rolling on...

I would put more faith and trust in a true militia man than Obama.

At one time we had a militia man for our neighbor. He was also the former husband of my SIL. Nothing scary about him.

John Trochman did end up moving to MT and I believe is leader of a militia org out there.

Of course the near hysteria over militia men serves the media purpose better than trying the truth

Oooo. Ouch - that last one is what gets most people today. We can't imagine there are Americans preparing for the eventuality to repel enemies domestic.

Sorry, but that thought is not shocking to most Americans. Many people started preparing to meet domestic enemies during the Bush administration. The wiretapping and secret rendition to torture prisons kind of made a lot of people nervous. Not to mention all the arrests of peaceful demonstrators at the political conventions last summer. And the administration's thumbing their nose at the Constitution. Just a little unnerving.

Originally Posted By: Ted_Oplinger
Oooo. Ouch - that last one is what gets most people today. We can't imagine there are Americans preparing for the eventuality to repel enemies domestic.

Sorry, but that thought is not shocking to most Americans. Many people started preparing to meet domestic enemies during the Bush administration. The wiretapping and secret rendition to torture prisons kind of made a lot of people nervous. Not to mention all the arrests of peaceful demonstrators at the political conventions last summer. And the administration's thumbing their nose at the Constitution. Just a little unnerving.

How in the world could anyone be unnerved concerning Bush and so sublimely ignorant of Obama and his thugs.

Wiretapping,couldn't have been wrong for Bush as it works just fine and has approval for Obama.

Maybe you mean those peaceful demonstrators here in Mn.There are those that do have a selective meaning behind certain words.

On the constitution stuff why worry about Bush. That way of looking at issues again works well for Obama. Over thirty czars to do his bidding and answers to no one.

Glad you aren't nervous now.

Obama likes to talk about the Post Office. But the PO is broke. They like to spend millions on perks for their employees. Do we want our health care to look like the PO ?

ROFL - that's too funny!

Originally Posted By: Ted_Oplinger

Well, Carol, it is indeed amazing that Bush's wiretapping (which hasn't been demonstrated to have affected any average Joe citizen) was so - and is currently - hysterically shouted about, but Obama can put up a Website for the express purpose of people snitching on the neighbors in secret...and all I hear is crickets.

It has been so amazing to see people carrying signs of Bush bearing the likeness of Hitler - and everyone cries "It's freedom of speech!". Then one poster of Obama with the same cosmetic additions shows up - and by golly, the right-wingers are so hateful!

It is so amazing to hear the words of Hillary Clinton in 2003, saying dissent isn't unpatriotic...and today, dissent is akin to treason toward the current administration.

Lots of amazing hypocrisy and inconsistency. Laws for the Right, but not for the Left. Protests are OK for the Left, but not for the Right. Dissent is OK for the Left, but not for the Right.

That is why I have so little sympathy for political Left today - it's only, always all about them.

Not only did you see lots of arrests of peaceful demonstraters last summer - most took place in Denver (at the Democrat convention. Staged arrests, perhaps? Most likely). And yes, every administration since Reagan has thumbed its nose at the Constitution. Both Bushes, Clinton, and now Obama. Everyone cries about only one party or the other. Both are wrong. Neither stand up for the principles of the Consittuion or the Declaration of Independence.

What happens, then, when it is the very government of the nation that treats its people as though they are nothing? Little more than tables to be ignored? That sends union enforcers out to "persuade" people to vote a certain way, or not vote at all? or send those same "persuaders" to peaceful protests and beat up those who a) peacefully demonstrate, or B) simply hand out "Don't Tread On Me" historical flags? And it gets cheered in the media and others as the right thing to do?

Does the very idea of having a separate national "police force" with the same weoponry and funding as the military, give you thoughts of peace, or fear?

Rolling on...