ClubAdventist is back!

Mary Jo Kopechne

Originally Posted By: Stan Jensen
That is so young these days.

He was really a class act.

What "class" was that ?

Good question Glad. While his family is mourning his death ... I will resist answering this question. But give some time ...

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

July 26, 1940 – July 18, 1969

“the slovenliness of our language makes it easier to have foolish thoughts.” George Orwell

I wasn't going to say that ... but since you have .... I will agree.

I believe in Hematology.

I just heard this reflection on Ted Kennedy from a fellow in Texas.

Such vitriol, such angst.

Disclaimer, the preceeding profile is not mine nor is it supported by me.

"He was the last in a line of filthy rich, spoiled, philandering, self-indulgent Utopian scoundrels who lived like kings on the illegal spoils of his bootlegging, adulterous, mobster father."

Disclaimer 2.0. The aforementioned diatribe is not olger's nor is it supported by him.

g

"Please don't feed the drama queens.."

Well .... we are going to be hearing about this man all day today. But I doubt we will be hearing much of that. Most of what you hear today will not have much truth in it I suspect. For sure it will not be fair and balanced. Where is Fox when you need them?

I believe in Hematology.

Sounds like she might have been denied health care..

g

He had other pressing things to do at that particular moment of his legacy.

I believe in Hematology.

Ted Kennedy was a politician. Perhaps the most notable thing he did, worthy of praise, was working for peace in Northern Ireland. Obviously his fame came from his family name. Death is the tragic result of sin. Ted Kennedy did live well past what his life expectancy was when he was born. He had many friends, was respected by many, had financial security and was active in his faith. Most people would love to have the life he did. I do not think he was an extraordinary politician nor do I agree with his critics that he a terrible person. He was a politician and played the partisan games so many of them do. Let's hope that in this past year of life he was able to reflect on spiritual matters and prepare himself to meet the Lord.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

Shane, in light of your last sentence, I think it's very descriptive that his dying wish to his State's legislature was to defraud the system once again for political expediency.

"Please don't feed the drama queens.."

It's true he was always a politician clear to the end. He was possibly the most partisan of all senators. If you like politics ... you like Ted.

For political reasons .... he pleaded guilty to leaving the scene of an accident. No mention that there was a women at that scene dying because he didn't attend to her or call for help.

Then in his last days as you mentioned ... he tried to reverse the law that he was responsible for putting in place so that a democrat could replace him.

This all requires a big Hmmmmmmmmmmm

I believe in Hematology.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm.

g

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

(Redwood bowing)

I believe in Hematology.

Quote:
Let's hope that in this past year of life he was able to reflect on spiritual matters and prepare himself to meet the Lord

I do agree with this. For this is all that matters.

I believe in Hematology.

You guys are terrible. It isn't polite to dance on another man's grave.

Maybe a question or suggestion to Obama and those are praising Kennedy's committment to universal health care.

Will the ordinary US citizen have the quality of care that will add roughly 18 months to their lives. If not, why not?

If not,what makes Kennedy's life more valuable and worthwhile than any of us

Or will it be more as Obama suggested ,"maybe it is time to just take a pain pill" Would Kennedy be lucky enough to be involved in the medicare payment bundling.

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

I agree with Shane....Shame on you, guys..

The Lord judge your behaviors here.....And maybe Stan will look in to this....

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

Ha Ha Neil. Very funny.

Stan stated that Ted "was really a class act".

There are simply some here that would disagree with that statement. Last I checked .... we are free to disagree on this forum as long as we do not "argue".

I believe in Hematology.

Redwood,

You have judged me with the most base of character based upon my postings...Based upon that principle, the glee that is posted here regarding the death of a person, says much about the character of the poster....

The Lord will judge between you and me regarding this, Redwood.

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

Okay. That would be fine with me. I have no problem with that.

thumbsup

I believe in Hematology.

Quote:
the glee that is posted here regarding the death of a person,

. . .is a figment of your imagination.

I posted the death of Mary Jo Kopechne. I find no glee or joy in that event. Her passing was not an occasion of glee or dancing.

The circumstances of her death are matter of deep shame for everyone involved. The medical examiner indicates that it took her quite some time to die. It is a tragedy that no one went to the house a few hundred yards away, and notified emergency services. Mary Jo might have lived many more years. It seemed fitting to remember her.

None should leave this life without recognition of the loss.

“the slovenliness of our language makes it easier to have foolish thoughts.” George Orwell

• Members

Never really cared for Ted Kennedy, but he was one of the few democrats that worked well with republicans

pk

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}