ClubAdventist is back!

No Negative Kennedy Threads

I must admit, when Saddam Hussien died, I felt a little different than I did when President Reagan died. President Reagan's death was a time of national morning. Saddam's death was not.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

• Members

I do agree with you there Shane, but I did feel something when I heard he died. I thought what a waste of a life. And wasn't it Ironic that it was just a few months earlier he said that he was going to rebuild Babylon. He was also trying to compare himself to King Nebuchadnezzar. What a fool.

pk

phkrause

Obstinacy is a barrier to all improvement. - ChL 60

I don't recall there being a moritorium on negative comments when Saddam died. I guess it does depend upon who is deemed worthy of our silence.

thinking I wonder .... was Saddam a democrat?

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

Quote:
I don't recall there being a moritorium on negative comments when Saddam died.

Nor were we subjected to overweening praise of how he provided order and structure to Iraq. But (oops! redacted: removal of protected identity) did claim that Abu Ghraib was the same under the US as under Saddam.

“the slovenliness of our language makes it easier to have foolish thoughts.” George Orwell

Quote:
I don't recall there being a moritorium on negative comments when Saddam died.

Nor were we subjected to overweening praise of how he provided order and structure to Iraq. But (oops! redacted: removal of protected identity) did claim that Abu Ghraib was the same under the US as under Saddam.

For a moment when I saw your first post .... I was worried for your future on this island.

I believe in Hematology.

The countdown continues:

Two weeks and counting......

"As iron sharpens iron, so also does one man sharpen another" - Proverbs 27:17

"The offense of the cross is that the cross is a confession of human frailty and sin and of inability to do any good thing. To take the cross of Christ means to depend solely on Him for everything, and this is the abasement of all human pride. Men love to fancy themselves independent. But let the cross be preached, let it be made known that in man dwells no good thing and that all must be received as a gift, and straightway someone is offended." Ellet J. Waggoner, The Glad Tidings

"Courage is being scared to death - and saddling up anyway" - John Wayne

"The person who pays an ounce of principle for a pound of popularity gets badly cheated" - Ronald Reagan

Praise God. I am saving up some real juicy tidbits.

I believe in Hematology.

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

• Members

I know that I've always been taught that you never kick a dog while he's down, because it can (and will) come back to bite you.

pk

phkrause

I know that I've always been taught that you never kick a dog while he's down, because it can (and will) come back to bite you.

pk

Saddam cannot come back and bite anyone anymore.

His humiliating capture was not shown for the sole purpose of enjoying Saddam's humiliation.

He tortured,brutalized and killed his own people in the most inhumane way.

It would have been hard to convince a country of terrified people that he could no longer hurt them without the pictures being shown.

Same for his vicious,animalistic sons. Many reported them being as bad or even worse than their father.Their victims would not have felt secure unless they saw that they could no longer hurt them

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

• 2 weeks later...

Originally Posted By: Shane
September 25

Three weeks it is. Then announce

Three more DAYS folks. Get prepared.

I believe in Hematology.

You need to be compiling the nitty gritty on Kennedy so that when the day comes ... you can post it. Are you prepared to post?

I believe in Hematology.

• Members

No Redwood not at all, let those without any sin start first. I for one have many things I'm regretful for that I have done, so I wont be judging period. I'll the God do that. So thanks but no thanks.

pk

phkrause

Have you never been to a job interview? They want a list of your sins. Kennedy is being interviewed for Sainthood. We do need to investigate. The salvation judging ... we can leave to God.

I believe in Hematology.

• Members

Actually I've never been on an interview until last year when I got laid off. As far as investigating, I have no problem with, its the condemning that I draw the line. I know quite a few people that have done far worse things that Mr. Kennedy. Besides I don't have the right to cast the first stone, that's for sure.

pk

phkrause

Actually I've never been on an interview until last year when I got laid off. As far as investigating, I have no problem with, its the condemning that I draw the line. I know quite a few people that have done far worse things that Mr. Kennedy. Besides I don't have the right to cast the first stone, that's for sure.

pk

I think what causes what you refer to as condemning is a reaction to the near canonization of those that have lived a life that does not reflect all the hype and praise. It is as if they die and become better and bigger than real life.

Michael Jackson is a case in point.

MJ was a man with a twisted mind,pathetic and if not a pedophile had a very unhealthy interest in sleeping with young boys.

Some thought him very talented and I suppose he was,I did not like his singing.In any event, his talent was God given, what he did with it and how was in his hands. Had one video I saw of him been of one of my sons I would have been crushed

Should he have been used for target practise at his funeral,NO,but neither should he be made something he wasn't.

Remember the beauty queen story where she was asked about gay marriage?

She was criticized in a way MJ never was after his death. MJ tried pretty hard to become white thru medical means. The beauty queen had body enhancement surgery,she was condemned as a christian if I recall. Why,because she still lives?

If there was a kind simple approach to those that have lived a tragic life,one of self destruction maybe the less than honorable acts wouldn't stand out so much in the mind of some.