ClubAdventist is back!

Gay Ice Cream

Ben and Jerry's renames ice cream Hubby Hubby in celebration of gay marriage

Ben and Jerry's has changed the name of one of its best-selling ice creams to Hubby Hubby, in celebration of the legalisation of gay marriage in its home state of Vermont.

The flavour formerly known as Chubby Hubby will be sold under the playful new name for the length of September.

Ben and Jerry's has developed a reputation for social activism – and smart publicity stunts – since being founded by two former hippies in Burlington, Vermont in 1978...

The state of Vermont's decision to issue marriage licences to same-sex couples, which came into force on Tuesday, was deemed suitable grounds for another celebration.

“At the core of Ben & Jerry’s values, we believe that social justice can and should be something that every human being is entitled to,” said Walt Freese, chief executive of Ben & Jerry’s

[text taken from link]

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

Seems like it isn't the right-wing folks that are obsessed with gays. Ben & Jerry's can hardly be classified as an extreme right-wing organization.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

• Members

That is just as sick as the other thread Shane. Now I'll have to think twice about buying B&J ice cream, which has always been my favorite.

pk

phkrause

Obstinacy is a barrier to all improvement. - ChL 60

What's political about ice cream?

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

• Members

Oh don't worry dgrimm I was just jesty. I will still buy B&J ice cream. But thanks for your concern. :)

pk

phkrause

• Administrators

How about Haagen Daas?

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• Members

I like that too Gail, also Dove, I don't think there's an ice cream I don't like. But if given a choice, B&Js is it. Its just like pizza, I haven't come across a pizza I don't like, but given a choice, its NYC pizza every time. But you need to know where to go. And that would be little Italy. :)

pk

phkrause

• Administrators

I wish we had a little Italy here, but we don't, although there is one in Vancouver. I used to search for a pizza that smelled like the one that our Italian next-door neighbours used to make and found one in a bakery in that little Italy.

I miss that pizza... :( But your words conjured up a never-to-be-forgotten memory!

But getting back on the subject of ice-cream... The Italians make that good gelato... yum!

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.