ClubAdventist is back!

One World Currency

Dr. Shane

UN wants new global currency to replace dollar

The dollar should be replaced with a global currency, the United Nations has said, proposing the biggest overhaul of the world's monetary system since the Second World War.

In a radical report, the UN Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD) has said the system of currencies and capital rules which binds the world economy is not working properly, and was largely responsible for the financial and economic crises.

It added that the present system, under which the dollar acts as the world's reserve currency , should be subject to a wholesale reconsideration.

Although a number of countries, including China and Russia, have suggested replacing the dollar as the world's reserve currency, the UNCTAD report is the first time a major multinational institution has posited such a suggestion.

In essence, the report calls for a new Bretton Woods-style system of managed international exchange rates, meaning central banks would be forced to intervene and either support or push down their currencies depending on how the rest of the world economy is behaving.

The proposals would also imply that surplus nations such as China and Germany should stimulate their economies further in order to cut their own imbalances, rather than, as in the present system, deficit nations such as the UK and US having to take the main burden of readjustment.

"Replacing the dollar with an artificial currency would solve some of the problems related to the potential of countries running large deficits and would help stability," said Detlef Kotte, one of the report's authors. "But you will also need a system of managed exchange rates. Countries should keep real exchange rates [adjusted for inflation] stable. Central banks would have to intervene and if not they would have to be told to do so by a multilateral institution such as the International Monetary Fund."

[text taken from link]

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

Can't say........It has been discussed for many years;

discussion is good until they decide to vote. There are some country supporting the issue and some aren't. I am not certain if this

will be the law in our life time, hope not. And, it sounds like you agree with me (??).

Be Blessed.

That too has been part of the plan'

NEWS BRIEF: "Interfaith Meeting Gives Birth to United Religions", by Richard Scheinin, Mercury News Religion and Ethics Writer, Mercury Center, San Jose Mercury News

United Religions Initiative - Youth Global Network Symbol For New Global Religion

http://www.united-religions.org

this is just an example of some of the discussion, debates and

efforts.

I don't think this is what we need', I know it isn't what I want.

" I don't know how many times I have seen patriots get angry or enraged in public forums because the mention of God is made when it comes to the New World Order. They proclaim the New World Order is about politics and not religion as they task away at bits and pieces exposing the lies and deceptions of the order. How shocked will they be to find out soon enough that the New World Order is a politicalization of religion and that the two can't and won't be separated." * Sherry Shriner*

What do you think???????

Be Blessed.

Wow Zeta!!!

I checked out Sherri Shriners website, and ... wow!!! Do people really believe that stuff?? I do believe there is a conspiracy to have a new world order, and that our currency is manipulated, etc.. etc... but her whole UFO slant, orgone to protect us, blowing up of alien bases on earth, etc.. etc... wow!! My head hurts!! lol Anyways.. hope no one believes that stuff!!

The United States is only one country represented in the United Nations,

we're discussing global affairs.

Yes, only one country. But what would the UN be without this "one country" within its august group?

"As iron sharpens iron, so also does one man sharpen another" - Proverbs 27:17

"The offense of the cross is that the cross is a confession of human frailty and sin and of inability to do any good thing. To take the cross of Christ means to depend solely on Him for everything, and this is the abasement of all human pride. Men love to fancy themselves independent. But let the cross be preached, let it be made known that in man dwells no good thing and that all must be received as a gift, and straightway someone is offended." Ellet J. Waggoner, The Glad Tidings

"Courage is being scared to death - and saddling up anyway" - John Wayne

"The person who pays an ounce of principle for a pound of popularity gets badly cheated" - Ronald Reagan

Wow Zeta!!!

I checked out Sherri Shriners website, and ... wow!!! Do people really believe that stuff?? I do believe there is a conspiracy to have a new world order, and that our currency is manipulated, etc.. etc... but her whole UFO slant, orgone to protect us, blowing up of alien bases on earth, etc.. etc... wow!! My head hurts!! lol Anyways.. hope no one believes that stuff!!

OK...Used to work for a professor who not only read about the UFO/alien stuff - he believed it quite passionately. He included all of that in with his loosely Christian beliefs. Quite a weird mix.

So, yes, Paula, there are people who believe that stuff...

"As iron sharpens iron, so also does one man sharpen another" - Proverbs 27:17

"The offense of the cross is that the cross is a confession of human frailty and sin and of inability to do any good thing. To take the cross of Christ means to depend solely on Him for everything, and this is the abasement of all human pride. Men love to fancy themselves independent. But let the cross be preached, let it be made known that in man dwells no good thing and that all must be received as a gift, and straightway someone is offended." Ellet J. Waggoner, The Glad Tidings

"Courage is being scared to death - and saddling up anyway" - John Wayne

"The person who pays an ounce of principle for a pound of popularity gets badly cheated" - Ronald Reagan