ClubAdventist is back!

Thank You President Bush

Dr. Shane

On this September 11, I think it only appropriate to thank our former President George W. Bush for keeping the country safe for eight years after it was attacked by terrorists. Amid criticism, skepticism and hatred, he persevered doing what needed to be done to protect the American people. Despite his popularity dropping in the polls, he did what he believed to be right. And America was not attacked again on his watch. He made it clear to his cabinet members that he wasn't concerned about his legacy. His concern was about protecting the American people.

God bless you, George Bush.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

thumbsup

I will join in and second this. Good post Shane.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

thumbsup

I will join in and second this. Good post Shane.

I remember the look on his face when the secret service whispered to him as he was reading a book to the school children.

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

Yes. He immediately took on a new look. And it lasted the rest of his presidency.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

I remember how he didn't rush off to war. I got a bit frustrated that he took as long as he did. But he is a patient man. That is a quality I learned to admire.

• Members

Definitely a sad day in US history. And as far as I'm concerned, and I think I've mentioned it before, the right man at the right time. I don't believe that had Gore been President Things would have turned out the same. That doesn't mean I was for the invasion of Iraq. But President Bush gave them fair warning. But when he did go in, I supported the men and women in the military, because I remembered how sad I felt when, during the Vietnam conflict, we were not supported by the American people or the government at that time.

pk

phkrause

Obstinacy is a barrier to all improvement. - ChL 60

I tend to think Gore would have handled it very much the same. He may have taken us to war quicker. Gore was not an anti-war activist in the '60s or '70s. He is a Vietnam veteran. He made a case for invading Iraq in 1998 - three years before 9/11. I feel pretty confident that if Gore had won in 2000 the liberal wing of the Democrat Party would have not taken it over like they have.