ClubAdventist is back!

Where were you on 9-11?

Neil D

It's been ...what...8,..9 years since 9-11....

What were you doing then?

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

Working.. no cell service unless I raised myself up 85' in the manlift.

My wife called me at 1:30 pm as I was eating. She told me about the attacks and I replied "That is an amazing success rate (75%). There has been great thought put into this."

I went to the local hardware store in town and bought a cheap black plastic radio and took it to the jobsite with me.

The veggie sandwich was good. The rest of the day was thoughtful. I noticed how I felt an instant kinship to everyone I met that day. I recognized the same comity in them.

olger

"Please don't feed the drama queens.."

• Administrators

Learned about it- guess what- HERE, on Clubadventist!

I can't remember who mentioned it first, but as I was reading here my boy Kevin called me from his job to tell me to go to the TV and LOOK.

I watched in shock as the second plane crashed.

Spent a reflective day at work that day.

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

My mil called us and told us we were being bombed. You would have to know my mil,'cause our first reaction was "Yeah right". Turned on the t.v. just in time to watch the second plane crash. Spent the rest of the day sitting on the couch, glued to the t.v. set, holding my babies, crying and praying for all of those people and their families.

I remember that that weekend was our Women's Retreat for our conference, and they were debating whether or not to still have it. We did, and it was one of the best ones they had. Even though most of the scheduled speakers wasn't there, because the planes were still grounded.

For what will a man be profited, if he gains the whole world, and forfeits his soul? Mat. 16:26

Please, support the JDRF and help find a cure for Type 1 Diabetes. Please, support the March of Dimes.

• Moderators

It was early Wednesday morning here....I had gone to sleep with the radio

on and heard the news as it came through - then spent the rest of the night

watching CNN. I think the collapse of the towers was seen as it happened,

I remember wondering what was going on then my horrified thoughts of the fate

of all those trapped inside.

It seemed the Western world was as one that day, horrified at what had happened and wondering what next was going to happen.

Just getting ready to go to class. We ended up canceling all classes that day. I remember turning to a classmate of mine and remarking as the buildings went down that it looked just like many of the carefully planned demolitions that I had seen. Very much care goes into getting a building to collapse on it's footprint. Still so many questions that remain and will in all likely hood go unanswered till Christ comes.

David

• Administrators

Nice to see you here, daquick!

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• Members

I was up watching the news when both planes crashed into the Twin Towers. The news anchor booth was situated in front of a window looking out onto NYC with a direct sighting of the towers in the background....so I saw the towers be hit in real time. Devastating. The rest of the day I had to work, but we had a TV access to keep up with the news.

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

I was in the kitchen cleaning up the breakfast dishes when my six year old son came running up the stairs to tell me that a plane on tv crashed into a building. I asked him what he was talking about and he told me to come with him to see it on the tv. We watched it again, quickly--and then we were out the door. It was his second week in kindergarten classes and we didn't want to be late. During the car ride to school, my son and my nine year old listened to the radio to hear that there was a second plane. I hesitantly dropped them both off at school and then went home to watch the news.

I called my husband at work to tell him to watch the news too. Secretly I wanted nothing more than for him to come home.

It was a very sad day.

I went to the gym to work out. I was in the locker room putting my things away when someone came in and said that two planes had hit the WTC and another one hit the Pentagon. We stood around a treadmill watching it on TV. I remember saying that things would never be the same after today. How right I was. I said the same thing after Obama was elected.

• Members

I was on vacation in St. Pete, with wife and my Mom. We were waiting to take a tour of the city and some guy saw my camera and ask me why I wasn't in NY taking pictures of the twin towers, I asked him what he meant, he said a plane had just hit one of the towers. Since we had some time before the bus came we went into the museum and I noticed a TV on and people watching it, so I checked it out and saw a pretty good size plane hit one of the towers. We were shocked. So we went back to the motel and turned on the tube and within a few minutes we watched the second plane hit the other tower while they were showing the other tower burning. Got stuck in florida an extra few days.

pk

phkrause

Obstinacy is a barrier to all improvement. - ChL 60