ClubAdventist is back!

Thought for Today

Zeta

Strength

We never have more than we can bear. The present hour we are always able to endure. As our day, so is our strength. If the trails of many years were gathered into one, they would overwhelm us; therefore, in pity to our little strength. He send first one, and then another, then removes both, and lays on a third, heavier, perhaps, than either;

but all is so wisely measured to our strength that the bruised reed

is never broken. We do not enough look at our trials in this continuous and successive view. Each one is sent to teach us something, and altogether they have a lesson which is beyond the power of any to teach alone.

*H.E. Manning*

Be Blessed.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zeta

• phkrause

• Gail

There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it. 1Cr 10:13

• Members

I also like that scripture Richard.

pk

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

Safety Zones

In great crises, the memory of the word of some wise and gracious teacher often comes to our rescue, and the new and bewildering

experience in which we stand assumes a familiar and orderly aspect.

We are set free from fear and panic and enabled to act with sanity and wisdom. For those whose memory is full of the words of Christ,there is strength in all life's emergencies.

Be Blessed.

Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him.... Proverbs 30:5-6

But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. Isa 40:31

And he hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God; many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the Lord. Psalm 40:3

I have thought with what joy the angels would look down from heaven upon us if we were all praising God and abiding in Christ. If, indeed, there is joy to the full for the Christian, why should we not possess it, and manifest it to the world? . . . {HP 95}

• Administrators

Here's a thought for tomorrow, since Richard got the one for today:

Your faith must not let go of the promises of God, if you do not see or feel the immediate answer to your prayers. Prayer 59.

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

Three Kinds (Evening Thought)

There are three kinds of friendships which are advantageous, and three which are injurious. Friendship with the upright, friendship with the

sincere, and friendship with the sincere, and friendship with the man

of much information-thee are advantageous. Friendship with a man of specious airs, friendship with the insinuatingly soft, frendship with the glib-tongued-these are injurious.

*Confucius"

Be Blessed.

• Members

I second what richard said, its good to have you back dgrimm. Hope your time away was as good for you as it was for us. :)

pk

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

¶ I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for he hath clothed me with the garments of salvation, he hath covered me with the robe of righteousness.... Isa 61:10

Every true turning to the Lord brings abiding joy into the life. When a sinner yields to the influence of the Holy Spirit, he sees his own guilt and defilement in contrast with the holiness of the great Searcher of hearts. He sees himself condemned as a transgressor. But he is not, because of this, to give way to despair; for his pardon has already been secured. He may rejoice in the sense of sins forgiven, in the love of a pardoning heavenly Father. It is God's glory to encircle sinful, repentant human beings in the arms of His love, to bind up their wounds, to cleanse them from sin, and to clothe them with the garments of salvation. {PK 668}

• Administrators

I love joyful praises! Thank you so much for sharing them, Richard!

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. Hbr 4:12 NKJV

The disciples were but humble men, without wealth, and with no weapon but the word of God; yet in Christ's strength they went forth to tell the wonderful story of the manger and the cross, and to triumph over all opposition. Without earthly honor or recognition, they were heroes of faith. From their lips came words of divine eloquence that shook the world. {AA 77}

• Administrators

There are only two ways to live your life... one is as though nothing is a miracle, the other is as though everything is a miracle. -Einstein

If you are facing a challenge in your life, before asking someone else what to do, remember what you did the last time. Nothing is new in life. Everything has been said or done by you. It may look different. There may be new people involved. It may even feel different, but it's not. The key is to recognize the lesson. Ask

yourself, "What am I learning in this situation?" Is it patience?

Peace? Forgiveness? Independence? What am I feeling now? Have I felt it before? What did I do then? Remember, no one can learn your

lesson but you. And the best teacher you will ever have is experience.

Be Blessed.

• Members

I disagree that no experience is new in life. At some point along the way, one had to learn the first time...even as an adult. One doesn't learn by osmosis, imho.

It was a nice thought though...

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

I like it because it basically ask us to look within ourselves

and ofcourse to find our answers. It's kind of like the dog chasing his own tail. We are given truth by our Father and we (I)

must trust that. Let's not seek man to find the answers for us, sometime, just look back at our experiences and prehaps you will find the answers.

Okay, this is just my interpretation. Thanks so much for your comments. rudywoof, special thanks for giving me something else to think about.

Be Blessed.

Looking within ourselves comes from modern psychology. But God wants us to look to him.

Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee. Trust ye in the LORD for ever: for in the LORD JEHOVAH is everlasting strength: Isaiah 26:3,4

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Phl 4:6,7 NKJV

If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him. Jam 1:5

casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you. 1Pe 5:7

I like it because it basically ask us to look within ourselves

and ofcourse to find our answers. It's kind of like the dog chasing his own tail. We are given truth by our Father and we (I)

must trust that. Let's not seek man to find the answers for us, sometime, just look back at our experiences and prehaps you will find the answers.

Okay, this is just my interpretation. Thanks so much for your comments. rudywoof, special thanks for giving me something else to think about.

Well, Holbrook we actually finally agree on something: As I said. 'We are given truth by our Father and we must trust that".

And, we aren't living physically in biblical timeS and we must adapt

our lives to the here and now, maintaining our beliefs and faith.

So, one could infere 'it's like modern psychology'. You're interpretation, your words!

Be Blessed.

And the LORD shall guide thee continually, and satisfy thy soul in drought, and make fat thy bones: and thou shalt be like a watered garden, and like a spring of water, whose waters fail not. Isa 58:11

The appreciation of the Bible grows with its study. Whichever way the student may turn, he will find displayed the infinite wisdom and love of God. To him who is truly converted, the Word of God is the joy and consolation of the life. The Spirit of God speaks to him, and his heart becomes like a watered garden The heart that is stored with the precious truths of God's Word is fortified against the temptations of Satan, against impure thoughts and unholy actions (Signs of the Times, June 25, 1902).

These Three

Three men are my friends-he that loves me, he that hates me, he that is indifferent to me. Who loves me, teaches me tenderness; who hates me, teaches me caution; who is indifferent to me, teaches me

self-reliance.

*Dinger*

Be Blessed.

Wisdom

A man should never be ashamed to own he has been in the wrong, which is but saying in other words that

he is wiser today than he was yesterday.

*Pope*

Be Blessed.