ClubAdventist is back!

Thought for Today

Zeta

pkrause, he was a christian educator and philosopher and wrote the well know hymn "This is my Father's World".

Maltbie Davenport Babcock (August 3, 1858 – May 18, 1901) was a noted American clergyman and writer of the 19th century.

He authored, "Thoughts for Everyday Living" that was published in 1901, a discussion of various verses of the Bible.

for more info: http://www.cyberhymnal.org/bio/b/a/b/babcock_md.htm

Be Blessed.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zeta

• phkrause

• Gail

SCIENCE

The goal of science is to describe the universe; the goal of religion is to find

the most abundant life which man may possess in such a universe.

*Kirtley F. Mather*

Be Blessed.

• Members

I also like that thought Zeta. The only thing I don't like about it is the word "religion", I prefer to replaced it with "Jesus".

You also have a blessed Sabbath.

pk

phkrause

Obstinacy is a barrier to all improvement. - ChL 60

'a late night thought'

A WORLD without a SABBATH would be like a man without a smile, like a summer without flowers, and like a homestead without a garden. It is the joyous day of the whole week.

*Beecher*

"I pray your Sabbath will continue to be a Blessed one"

zeta

Be Blessed.

THE GREAT "I AM"

"I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him,

he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing."

*John 15:5*

Be Blessed.

FALSE FRIENDS.

False friends are like our shadows, keeping close to us when we walk in the sunshine,

but leaving us the instant we cross into the shade.

Be Blessed.

• Members

2 Corinthians 9:8

God is able to give you more than you need, so that you will always have all you need for yourselves and more than enough for every good cause.

pk

phkrause

Your word have I hid in my heart, that I might not sin against you. Psa 119:11

All the philosophies of human nature have led to confusion and shame when God has not been recognized as all in all. But the precious faith inspired of God imparts strength and nobility of character. As His goodness, His mercy, and His love are dwelt upon, clearer and still clearer will be the perception of truth; higher, holier, the desire for purity of heart and clearness of thought. The soul dwelling in the pure atmosphere of holy thought is transformed by intercourse with God through the study of His word. Truth is so large, so far-reaching, so deep, so broad, that self is lost sight of. The heart is softened and subdued into humility, kindness, and love. {8T 322}

See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise,

Redeeming the time, because the days are evil. Eph 5:16

My brethren and sisters, seek the Lord while He may be found. There is a time coming when those who have wasted their time and opportunities will wish they had sought Him. . . . {1SM 152}

I know it is sin to read the books and papers of the day. It poisons the mind that should be pure to serve the Law of God. And again, time is wasted; time that is not your own, but lent you of God; and he holds you responsible for it; and in the day of judgment you must give an account what disposition you have made of your time. {YI, June 1, 1856 par. 5}

• Members

Psalm 46:8

Come and see what the LORD has done. See what amazing things he has done on earth.

pk

phkrause