ClubAdventist is back!

Joe Wilson: Million $ Man

Dr. Shane

Wilson breaks $1 million

A source on Rep. Joe Wilson's campaign says his fundraising has broken $1 million -- and surpassed that of his Democratic rival, Rob Miller -- since his outburst of "You lie!" during President Obama's address to Congress Wednesday.

The source said Wilson's current tally is $1,005,021 from 18,859 donations amid a high-profile campaign on the Drudge Report and elsewhere telling conservatives that Wilson is "under attack" for his willingness to take on Obama.

Wilson, who initially apologized for his words, is now riding a reaction that has surpassed the liberal backlash to his words: Miller has raised less than $900,000, according to the Democratic fundraising site ActBlue -- though still more than enough to envigorate his challenge.

Still, Wilson's success -- despite having been criticized by Republican leaders -- represents the power of the conservative grassroots to reward politicians who confront the White House in the sharpest terms.

CORRECTION: He may still trail Democrat Rob Miller, who broke $1 million yesterday.

[text taken from link]

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

HEY SHANE

WELL that is interesting the even he made the

out bust that funds are coming in for him

yes the conservatives are still strong

dgrimm60

There was a better place to say this but I am glad he did not apologize believing that to be true.

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

Good for Joe. He's our man. Perhaps a good vice president candidate with Sarah.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

Well, to that corrected note...'ol Soros isn't going to allow American grassroots to get in his way. He'll just funnel a few million in chump change to his 527 orgs, who then launder it to contribute to Democrat candidates in trouble due to the grassroots outcry.

It is a worthy note that conservative Americans are voicing their dissent peacefully on two fronts: Marching in protests (and paying their own way to do it), and by-passing the do-nothing, status quo National party to contribute (again, as individuals) to support those who sharply challenge the slide towards a tyrannical "Government is your God and Provider" welfare state.

For the note: for those who say it is impossible to have tyranny with a democratically elected leadership in a Republic, are sadly and greatly mistaken.

Many have the mistaken notion that tyranny is a single dictator, or small groups on people without democratic opposition. This is quite false, and is the usual red herring thrown out to deceive people the US can't possibly be tyrannical so long as the 2-party system remains intact. As with discrimination, tyranny can be by direct and open action, or by impact (the net result of a designed set of circumstances/policies).

The truth is, people can elect their own tyranny into the Republic as the will of the people reflects the spirit of tyranny. People can claim freedom and rights all they want, but unless their spirit reflects the application of freedom and rights for all (and not just those who are like-minded as themselves), the profession is meaningless.

It is for this reason the US throughout its history has the appearance of the Lamb, but the voice of the Dragon: the laws passed and people elected do not reflect the principles the country was founded upon. We silly Adventists only like to apply that to the Sunday Law/ religious liberty principle in the Constitution (as if this is the only thing which makes America "lamb-like").

The spirit of tyranny is antithetical to the spirit of Christ.

We are taught that this country was founded by a revolt against a tyrannical king George. What is not taught prominently is that the British monarchy was restrained and held in check by the British Parliament. It was against the tyrannical policies of both the British king and the elected Parliament that Americans revolted. THe spirit of tyranny prevailed upon the people of Britain at that time, and the end result was tyranny over the Colonies, even though Parliament was representative of the people.

King George was merely the face by which the revolt could rally against, since the Parliament could remain faceless by its composite make-up of a pair of plural member groups voting in favor (by majority rule) in favor of policies reflecting the king's position.

Parliament (particularly the House of Lords) had the notion it was better educated and was better qualified to make decisions for the Colonies. They couldn't understand why the Colonialists couldn't "get it" that the policies were "fairly passed" to benefit "all subjects". It was this aristocratic, elitist mentality that drove a wedge between Britain and not only America, but other British colonies around the world.

That same mentality is alive and well in the US today, now having both media power and majority rule in government today. Further, it has been wondered aloud by both media and government figures alike why the average American just doesn't "get it" that what is proposed is for the "benefit" of all - just like 245 years ago.

The saying is true - when the lessons of history are not learned and applied, history will be repeat the cycle.

"As iron sharpens iron, so also does one man sharpen another" - Proverbs 27:17

"The offense of the cross is that the cross is a confession of human frailty and sin and of inability to do any good thing. To take the cross of Christ means to depend solely on Him for everything, and this is the abasement of all human pride. Men love to fancy themselves independent. But let the cross be preached, let it be made known that in man dwells no good thing and that all must be received as a gift, and straightway someone is offended." Ellet J. Waggoner, The Glad Tidings

"Courage is being scared to death - and saddling up anyway" - John Wayne

"The person who pays an ounce of principle for a pound of popularity gets badly cheated" - Ronald Reagan

Quote:
OP-ED COLUMNIST

Boy, Oh, Boy

By MAUREEN DOWD

Published: September 13, 2009

Joe Wilson’s outburst in Congress revealed one thing: Some people just can’t believe a black man is president and will never accept it.

What a disgusting cheap display of how desperate liberal's becoming.

What even came close to it being a question of race?

Three cheers for Wilson,he is being interviewed and says NO MORE APOLOGIES,Have at it Nancy Pelosi

If there is anything more despicable than racism it is trying to keep racism alive for your own selfish reasons.

And that is seen over and over again. The mainstream media is as much of a parasite on politicians as many politicians are on the american people

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Maureen Dowd should apologize for that remark. I was amazed during the 2004 Presidential campaign that an article written by Maureen Dowd was inserted into our church bulletin. I thought that was rather disgusting.

Maureen Dowd should apologize for that remark. I was amazed during the 2004 Presidential campaign that an article written by Maureen Dowd was inserted into our church bulletin. I thought that was rather disgusting.

Maybe the president should apologize for not being a little more accurate in his promises on health care. He wouldn't be spoofing us now would he??

http://www.news-medical.net/news/2009082...ch-Service.aspx

Illegal aliens to benefit from health care reform bill: Congressional Research Service

27. August 2009 00:22

Tuesday, the Congressional Research Service (CRS), the "research arm" for the United States Congress, issued a report validating an analysis by the Federation for American Immigration Reform (FAIR), that illegal aliens would be able to receive benefits under the House health care reform bill, America's Affordable Health Care Act of 2009 (H.R. 3200).

The report, Treatment of Noncitizens in H.R. 3200, states definitively, "H.R. 3200 does not contain any restrictions on noncitizens - whether legally or illegally present, or in the United States temporarily or permanently - participating in the Exchange." H.R. 3200 establishes a Health Insurance Exchange which would provide individuals and small businesses with access to health care plans, including the "public option" to be managed by the government.

CRS also confirms FAIR's assessment that the House bill does not include a mechanism to prevent illegal aliens from receiving "affordability credits" that would subsidize the purchase of private health insurance. CRS specifically noted the absence "of a provision in the bill specifying the verification procedure." Because the language is ambiguous, all CRS could reasonably conclude is that any eligibility determination would be the responsibility of the Health Choices Commissioner.

The CRS analysis comes after weeks of denials by Members of Congress that illegal aliens could receive benefits under the House bill. These denials were echoed by countless media and health care "experts" who dismissed public concerns as myths, or as politically orchestrated attacks.

"Case closed. Illegal aliens will be eligible to participate in the health care program offered by the House bill unless Congress acts to amend the bill," stated Dan Stein, president of FAIR. "The loopholes and omissions in the House bill are not there by accident," continued Stein. "These loopholes were intended to extend benefits to illegal aliens while allowing Members of Congress to deny those facts to the American people."

The House Ways & Means Committee had the opportunity to include language that would have barred illegal aliens from enrolling in the proposed public option or receiving the affordability credits, but chose not to. An amendment offered by Rep. Dean Heller (R-Nev.) would have applied the same eligibility verification procedures for coverage under H.R. 3200 that have been used for years to prove eligibility for Medicaid. That amendment was rejected by a party-line vote.

Based on its own findings and those of CRS, FAIR is calling on Congress to:

* Adopt clear language that makes illegal aliens (and nonimmigrants) ineligible for enrollment in publicly funded or subsidized health insurance programs.

* Require electronic eligibility verification for any health care reform proposal through the existing Systematic Alien Verification for Entitlements (SAVE) system.

* Maintain a five-year eligibility waiting period for legal immigrants to ensure that individuals don't come to the U.S. and immediately tap the system.

"For the past month, irate citizens, concerned that their tax dollars will be used to fund health care for illegal aliens, have been unfairly portrayed as uninformed rabble by their elected representatives and a host of media organizations," said Stein. "It is time for the politicians to close the loopholes, and for the media establishment to acknowledge that they got it wrong."

Well, the House voted to condemn him or some such action, which I guess is OK. President Carter went on record calling it racism and I think that is highly uncalledfor. Even if it was motivated by racism, we have no way of knowing that. The House condemning him is a judgement on his actions. I accept that as valid. He *acted* inappropriately. President Carter saying it was racism gets into judging motives. I think that is pretty thin and does damage to the nation. It fans the flames of racism which the Obama presidency was to diminish, not exaggerate.

Well, the House voted to condemn him or some such action, which I guess is OK. President Carter went on record calling it racism and I think that is highly uncalledfor. Even if it was motivated by racism, we have no way of knowing that. The House condemning him is a judgement on his actions. I accept that as valid. He *acted* inappropriately. President Carter saying it was racism gets into judging motives. I think that is pretty thin and does damage to the nation. It fans the flames of racism which the Obama presidency was to diminish, not exaggerate.

He isn't the only one,everyone on the left that speaks to the media claim all that oppose is racist.

Wonder how they think this man was elected.

Worse to me is the president as a black man allow his supporters to keep doping so with out a word.

Last I knew he has failed to even acknowledge the tens of thousands outside his door telling him to listen

The charge of 'racism' is thrown around far too much . And with a black president ... you will see it even more. The fact IS ... Obama did lie. Congress quickly had to act to correct Obama's mistake about the aliens. There are no protections that would limit the illegals.

The charge of "the president lies" are not new in the halls of Congress. When Bush received this charge .... nothing was done with the republican controlled Congress.

The demos are just trying to make war. And they are sensitive about it because they want to protect their 'black' president.

The blacks just can't accept that we did not put the blacks in slavery. Those days are long gone.

My advise to the blacks is to get over it and move on. Quit dividing this country with your racist hate.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

I read an interesting point made on the Tea Party protest tour, by Lloyd Marcus and his wife - Americans who just happen to be people of color.

They made the remark that the 2008 election was all about white people trying to prove they weren't racist, and black people proving they were.

The man took a lot of hate-filled email, from the political Left, because of that remark. The situation between Mr. Marcus and the Left speaks volumes of the political scene today - our professedly "post-racial" age....

...where a white kid on a bus can get beat up by a group of black kids, just for being melanin-deficient in pigment, and it's not a racial incident.

Ugh.

"As iron sharpens iron, so also does one man sharpen another" - Proverbs 27:17

"The offense of the cross is that the cross is a confession of human frailty and sin and of inability to do any good thing. To take the cross of Christ means to depend solely on Him for everything, and this is the abasement of all human pride. Men love to fancy themselves independent. But let the cross be preached, let it be made known that in man dwells no good thing and that all must be received as a gift, and straightway someone is offended." Ellet J. Waggoner, The Glad Tidings

"Courage is being scared to death - and saddling up anyway" - John Wayne

"The person who pays an ounce of principle for a pound of popularity gets badly cheated" - Ronald Reagan