ClubAdventist is back!

We're Number 37!!!!

Obama doesnt have to....

There are insurances currently who will NOT pay for battered women...battered by the husbands or boyfriends that they are with....And the reason for this refusal to pay for battered women...It's a "pre-existing condition"......

No, if the health care package doesn't go thru, your insurance will limit it for you...And they will do it because the republicans supported that type of health care....

If there is a record of domestic violence they don't and why should they? It will be a continuing ,preventable act

If this is not pre-existing and happens they will be covered.

Most recognize domestic violence escalates when the woman does not get out of that situation.

OTOH most battered women do not tell their Dr's.They go to the emergency room and no one is denied care.

I cannot purchase auto insurance that will pay for a previous accident. Not only that but my rates are likely to be higher than those not having had an accident.

What gives anyone the right to dictate the terms a Dr must see you? He has paid dearly for his education,spent years in school and already assumes tremendous risk in his profession of being sued.I have no right to dictate to him that he will pay or the insurance company will pay for pre-existing.

If credible proof of previous insurance is offered while taking a new policy,the pre-existing does not apply.

Preventative health care is in my hands,not the Dr or the government. That nasty little word called choice again.

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

Preventative health care is in my hands,not the Dr or the government. That nasty little word called choice again.

It's coupled to that equally nasty little concept called "personal responsibility".

For people who want freedom, it comes with the awesome responsibility of using them wisely and carefully, and to gaurd it through one's own personal responsibility.

Much of what is termed a "right" is actually a desire to be taken care of. If one wants to be "taken care of", then one doesn't have freedom - one is under the authority of those doing the care-taking. These kinds of rights, called "positive rights", do not exist under a free people, because free people take care of those issues on their own.

Only children look to be "taken care of". Adults who assume their own personal responsibility don't.

"As iron sharpens iron, so also does one man sharpen another" - Proverbs 27:17

"The offense of the cross is that the cross is a confession of human frailty and sin and of inability to do any good thing. To take the cross of Christ means to depend solely on Him for everything, and this is the abasement of all human pride. Men love to fancy themselves independent. But let the cross be preached, let it be made known that in man dwells no good thing and that all must be received as a gift, and straightway someone is offended." Ellet J. Waggoner, The Glad Tidings

"Courage is being scared to death - and saddling up anyway" - John Wayne

"The person who pays an ounce of principle for a pound of popularity gets badly cheated" - Ronald Reagan

Originally Posted By: Bonnie

It's coupled to that equally nasty little concept called "personal responsibility".

For people who want freedom, it comes with the awesome responsibility of using them wisely and carefully, and to gaurd it through one's own personal responsibility.

Much of what is termed a "right" is actually a desire to be taken care of. If one wants to be "taken care of", then one doesn't have freedom - one is under the authority of those doing the care-taking. These kinds of rights, called "positive rights", do not exist under a free people, because free people take care of those issues on their own.

Only children look to be "taken care of". Adults who assume their own personal responsibility don't.

It is amazing how many still will almost genuflect at the mention of Obama's name.

He is either incredibly naive and stupid or he deliberately embellishes and makes statements that most people should automatically suspect and check.

Embellishing is the same as lying in my house.

Obama and his heart wrenching stories of abuse of the insurance company are flat out wrong.

He recently had this very sad story about a man that was dropped from his insurance company for gall stones he didn't know he had as he was starting treatment for cancer. And THEN HE DIED.

Well he was dropped for some dispute,from there Obama is weaving a tear jerker for his own benefit.

The man disputed the decision. He was re-instated,was able to have the stem cell treatment he needed within the 3-4 window.

It is true the man has passed away but he lived another almost 4 years.He would not have had the option to dispute a verdict with universal health care.

Another of his "Oh So Sad" routine. He claimed a woman was cancelled because she did not disclose a case of acne.

Her case of acne was actually pre-cancerous skin condition. She also did not disclose a previous "heart rythmn" problem.

Somehow "quite accidently" she grossly underestimated her weight.

If obama doesn't have the brains to verify before he does this publically he should just plain shutup. He has the resources at his fingertips,but the story the way he spun certainly could cause a tear or two.

Either that or he deliberately lied.

Is it a lunatic fringe group that believed this man

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Originally Posted By: Neil D
Obama doesnt have to....

There are insurances currently who will NOT pay for battered women...battered by the husbands or boyfriends that they are with....And the reason for this refusal to pay for battered women...It's a "pre-existing condition"......

No, if the health care package doesn't go thru, your insurance will limit it for you...And they will do it because the republicans supported that type of health care....

If there is a record of domestic violence they don't and why should they? It will be a continuing ,preventable act

If this is not pre-existing and happens they will be covered.

Most recognize domestic violence escalates when the woman does not get out of that situation.

OTOH most battered women do not tell their Dr's.They go to the emergency room and no one is denied care.

I cannot purchase auto insurance that will pay for a previous accident. Not only that but my rates are likely to be higher than those not having had an accident.

Good night, woman...are you always this cold blooded regarding the misfortunes of others?

Regarding domesticc violence, you never know when it will flare up...Just like herpes...At least, at this time, treatment for herpes is covered by insurance....even if it is a "pre-existing condition"....

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

Quote:

Good night, woman...are you always this cold blooded regarding the misfortunes of others?

Regarding domesticc violence, you never know when it will flare up...Just like herpes...At least, at this time, treatment for herpes is covered by insurance....even if it is a "pre-existing condition"....

Requiring a business to cover pre-existing and continuing cause of a battered woman is unrealistic.

I can't purchase car insurance following an accident to cover damages. Same with house insurance.

Domestic violence rarely is a one time event or a event that occurs years apart.It is continuing and ongoing,and based on the "battered spouse and her behavior"

If her behavior does not in every way please her spouse,which cannot be done 24/7 she will be hit again and again.

There is no insurance policy that can help that.The emergency room can. It will be reported,spouse seeks forgiveness,battered woman acknowledges that somehow it is her fault and it begins again

Tell me why any company would choose to sign on,not to a perceived risk,but a very real and continued risk.

Insurance companies are not charities.

Quote:

Requiring a business to cover pre-existing and continuing cause of a battered woman is unrealistic.

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

Quote:

Why not? They cover herpes...They cover other diseases that will flair up in it's symptoms....which is a far more direct correlation than your car insurance illustration..

I have no idea if they cover pre-existing herpes. If they do I would suspect their coverage to cost them more for being a known high risk

Quote:
You complain about goverment "forcing" other people to HAVE insurance, and yet, when insurances FORCE you to behave a certain way, you accept it. Explain to me that rational...Oh, and I admit to being a dunce, so make it very simple for this dunce to understand....

Insurance companies have alist of mandates,different for each state. Again the "fix" of the highly intelligent government.

I cannot force them to go against the federal mandates. Insurance companies cannot force me to enroll. I read and make sure I understand what is covered before they get my signature and my money. I agree to certain requirements,the choice is mine.

So no,the insurance company does not force me to accept their terms.

No one forces me to carry insurance. We cancelled and went without for many years Putting four boys thru boarding academy we could not afford to.

Quote:
I agree that her behavior needs to please her spouse/boyfriend. But why punish her with an Emergency Room bill when she needs money to get away from her batterying spouse/boyfriend??? Why not make it easy for her to remove herself from this abusive situation? ERs are known for thier treatment of the whole person, and will get counseling for the battered person.

You make a lot of leaps. Most battered women are not trying to get away. Insurance policies are not going to be the deciding factor. Making it easy for a battered spouse is another of your leaps.

Dr's will do same.ER's are great. Again has little to do with a battered spouse leaving. It is not insurance policies that dictate their behavior and most of the time their defense of their abuser.

Quote:
Insurance companys sign risky patients all the time, Bonnie. And you are right, they are NOT charities...Instead, they make fortunes out of the misfortunes of others, and give millions away in bonuses....It's a new type of "lording" that Jesus spoke against....

They do so with a higher premium. I have little desire to pay for a high risk patient thru my premiums.

What they make is the slightest concern or envy of mine.

When I sign on I understand the terms. If I continue to pay premiums,what they owe me is what is in the contract. Nothing less and nothing more.

Actually your statement on making fortunes on the misfortune of others is a little off base.

The insurance company makes money on the healthy clients and pays out for the sick.

I could carry my insurance company at my current rate for the next 20 years and not come close to what they have paid out for my husband and I

They did not insure me at a high risk rate because at the time I wasn't.

I will have to pay premiums for a very long time to put them in the black on my care. 80,000.00 pays a lot of insurance premiums.

I have nothing against profit.You do. Their profit does not come from insuring the chronically ill.Their profit is none of my business as long as the terms on both sides are met

It comes from the monthly premiums of the healthy

Quote:
Good night, woman...are you always this cold blooded

For proper forum conduct ... it might be good if you called this woman by her name. She does have a name. And it is NOT 'crazy woman' as some have called her.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

Quote:
Good night, woman...are you always this cold blooded

For proper forum conduct ... it might be good if you called this woman by her name. She does have a name. And it is NOT 'crazy woman' as some have called her.

Thanks Redwood,but don't mind the public name calling to much.

I have more respect for that then watching someone having piety running down their chin and then running to a secret group and using some pretty nasty names. Some people do that. Put forth one face publically and the real one privately

Yes Bonnie. That was instructive reading the two faced remarks on that 'secret' group. Ha Ha.

I believe in Hematology.

Quote:
"And he was bound up with these secret organizations. There was only one thing he could do--sever his connection with them and be wholly on the Lord's side; for he could not possibly serve God and mammon." Manuscript 17, 1892.

I believe in Hematology.

I can't help wondering at the spurious notion of trying to make being beaten by another human a medical condition. It isn't contagious. It can't be 'treated' with medication. Insisting that somehow health insurance should cover this particular crime is fatuous.

Maybe we should consider theft a health issue.

Unfortunately, their is no cure for bad choices.

“the slovenliness of our language makes it easier to have foolish thoughts.” George Orwell

I can't help wondering at the spurious notion of trying to make being beaten by another human being became a medical condition. It isn't contagious. It can't be 'treated' with medication. Insisting that somehow health insurance should cover this particular crime is fatuous.

Maybe we should consider theft a health issue.

Unfortunately, their is no cure for bad choices.

Most reasonable people understand that a battered woman is unlikely to base her decision to stay or leave on a insurance policy.

Just as now it seems women choose to abort their babies because they lack access to medical care.

Those so determined to have Obama and friends control and decide the health care for their families will say or do most anything to have it pass.

There is no rational thought involved.

Insurance companys sign risky patients all the time, Bonnie. And you are right, they are NOT charities...Instead, they make fortunes out of the misfortunes of others, and give millions away in bonuses....It's a new type of "lording" that Jesus spoke against....

The above is a ludicrous statement at best. As I said before insurance companies do not make money on misfortune,they pay for the misfortune.

Prior to having a perforated ulcer my insurance company could consider my 306.00 a month profit for me personally.

They didn't come out so good making a fortune on my misfortune. The perforated ulcer,complications,ICU for several days to the tune of 80,000.00 kind of took care of any fortune they made off my misfortune. They will be in the hole for a while yet.

Wish they would make up their minds tho. First the handwringing over the inability to have pre-existing illness covered and now complaining they do cover high risk but don't include battered women

• Members

Your right there buster, there is no cure for bad choices, like smoking & drinking, which we know cause's cancer and sirosus's (sp) of the liver, and many other life threatening illness's and yet they get coverage, because when filling out the paper work at your job the insurance companies don't even ask, I believe, but yet they ask this question on your house insurance and I think even for car insurance. I believe that wife and husband beaters do have an illness, and the one that gets beaten should have coverage, because they will have a pretty hefty medical bill.

pk

phkrause

Obstinacy is a barrier to all improvement. - ChL 60

Your right there buster, there is no cure for bad choices, like smoking & drinking, which we know cause's cancer and sirosus's (sp) of the liver, and many other life threatening illness's and yet they get coverage, because when filling out the paper work at your job the insurance companies don't even ask, I believe, but yet they ask this question on your house insurance and I think even for car insurance. I believe that wife and husband beaters do have an illness, and the one that gets beaten should have coverage, because they will have a pretty hefty medical bill.

pk

Most battered women do not end with a big bill. Unless the physical harm is real and a DR is needed,they don't go. Nor do they have a standing appointment with their primary care physician. Generally to embarrassed.

Coverage by whom? Under a very reasonably priced insurance as mine? Should I be paying higher premiums for battered women?? Should my coverage continue at 306.00 per month if I am back again and again for a situation I don't leave?

A close friend of mine was a battered spouse for over 20 years.While painful being beat,nothing was broken or internal damage. She would not leave him and she could have

Should car insurance be more expensive for some one that drinks to excess than a non drinker? No battered woman will be denied at a emergency room. If she cannot pay it is written off.

• 3 weeks later...

How 'bout the recently released rejected claim stats with Medicare leading the way?

If we're #37 without Health Care Reform...just imagine how low we'll go after it passes...

"As iron sharpens iron, so also does one man sharpen another" - Proverbs 27:17

"The offense of the cross is that the cross is a confession of human frailty and sin and of inability to do any good thing. To take the cross of Christ means to depend solely on Him for everything, and this is the abasement of all human pride. Men love to fancy themselves independent. But let the cross be preached, let it be made known that in man dwells no good thing and that all must be received as a gift, and straightway someone is offended." Ellet J. Waggoner, The Glad Tidings

"Courage is being scared to death - and saddling up anyway" - John Wayne

"The person who pays an ounce of principle for a pound of popularity gets badly cheated" - Ronald Reagan