ClubAdventist is back!

Interesting article

• Moderators

He's spot on.

Mob rule... it's a dangerous venture.

They act without thinking.

Jeannie<br /><br /><br />...Change is inevitable; growth is optional....

He's spot on.

A gathering,a rally, peaceful to voice discontent is not a out of control mob that acts without thinking. It is handy to label them as something undesirable,a mob of of dangerous out of control people. It is one way of dismissing concerns

So far there has been two acts of violence. Both acts were from the left against the "right extremist"????? One a black conservative attacked by one of Obama's union thugs, ending in the emergency room.

Another,a senior citizen was attacked by a much younger man one of the left liberal's.

He had his finger bit off

Funny how you want to label them a dangerous venture. No cops in riot gear, no fighting,even no trash or garbage left around.

Maybe you could lay out the dangerous actions of this mob rule

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

• Administrators

And funny how you seem to always want to defend the lunatic fringe element making all the noise at these events...

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

And funny how you seem to always want to defend the lunatic fringe element making all the noise at these events...

No there is nothing funny about it.

What I do consider funny,(not as in ha ha) is how a man of your education,profession,position makes these type of statements.

Dismissing the few that make racist/vulgar comments pro or con in situations like this,show me if you can.

Show me what is lunatic fringe about opposition to Obama and his health care plans.

What is lunatic with citizens wanting to know what it involves and how it would impact their lives?

Tell me what you are willing to sign on to without knowing the fine print.

As an attorney would you advise a client to sign on to a cause,business etc without knowing what they were signing.

Would they be part of the lunatic fringe if they wanted you as their attorney to explain in detail where their money would be going?

Or perhaps I am wrong and you do know what will be in the health care bill and how it would impact your client.

As far as lunatic fringe and dangerous mobs go,the only violence I recall was a black conservative in a wheelchair attacked by Obama's union thugs and sent to the ER.

Have we heard from Obama yet on that? He came into the Gates issue pretty quick and gave his ignorant opinion and admitted lack of knowledge.

A conservative elderly man was attacked by a very brave man looking to be half his age. This younger man bit off the finger of the elderly man.

These are the only acts of violence I have heard.

When the peaceful,loving,tolerant liberal's protest, the cops in riot gear are there .

Last fall for the republican convention in MPLS the loving liberal's turned out in force and acted according to their typical behavior. Tea parties{conservative) in MN,numerous and calm,orderly. Same throughout the country.

I am rather pleased that those I have common ground with have conducted themselves in a manner that is foreign to rallies/protest by liberal's.

To me lunatic fringe is someone that doesn't question,doesn't want to know what they are signing on to,is so besotted with a cult like figure they blindly follow.

Lunatic fringe is the person that wants others to accept anything without full knowledge.

It isn't the president is a lunatic,he leads them.

When he placed a communist in a position of power and answerable only to him,he was smart. Or so he thought. He could place a communist without objection and he was right. The lunatic fringe did not have a problem. Just the verbal bow and realizing he really did know best

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Given that you seem to think opposition to Obama's policy indicates lunatic fringe.

Now when the liberal's have protested and a whole lot more loudly than recent protesters it is what americans do.

Now that you have labled those americans that have protested (quite orderly) Obama's policies as the lunatic fringe,what would you suggestion be to make their objections known.

The president has dismissed objections and protests,told dissenters to basically shut up and sit down.

Where to from here? When did dissent in this country indicate lunatic fringe

Since when does a protest rally which conducts itself peacefully, cleans up after itself, and requires no police in riot gear, get labelled "lunatic"?

I contrast that with the protests by the political left at the DNC Presidential Convention, which required the copious presence of riot police, and left the place a trash dump...

Let's see, Tom: peaceful protest, peaceful conduct, no riot police, cleans up after themselves, vs violent protest, radical conduct, riot police required to contain/restrain, and leaves the place trashed...that would ordinarily be a no-brainer as to which ought to be called lunatic. But these are no ordinary days any more, are they?

I guess Ghandi was on the "lunatic fringe" when leading India peacefully to independence? And those Muslims in France are just being fine upstanding young men as they trashed the suburbs of Paris and set cars afire a while back?

"Lunatic fringe" - just another epithet designed to eliminate real discussion on the ideas and squash political dissent.

"As iron sharpens iron, so also does one man sharpen another" - Proverbs 27:17

"The offense of the cross is that the cross is a confession of human frailty and sin and of inability to do any good thing. To take the cross of Christ means to depend solely on Him for everything, and this is the abasement of all human pride. Men love to fancy themselves independent. But let the cross be preached, let it be made known that in man dwells no good thing and that all must be received as a gift, and straightway someone is offended." Ellet J. Waggoner, The Glad Tidings

"Courage is being scared to death - and saddling up anyway" - John Wayne

"The person who pays an ounce of principle for a pound of popularity gets badly cheated" - Ronald Reagan

A Great Big Amen for the Iron Deacon.

How can we do that? From reading his posts I am almost certain he is part of the lunatic fringe. rollingsmile

• Administrators

I am thinking that you aren't paying attention. Here is a few of the regular lineup that populate many of the townhall meetings and at the rally here in DC:

The frequent lunatic comparison was that Obama is like Hitler and that healthcare reform is a Nazi idea.

The oft repeated "death panel" nonsense.

The continued birther nonsense and variations on that lunacy.

I am not confusing legitmate opposition from rational voices with this foolishness. But I am not so sure about you.

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

Quote:
I am thinking that you aren't paying attention. Here is a few of the regular lineup that populate many of the townhall meetings and at the rally here in DC:

Quote:
The frequent lunatic comparison was that Obama is like Hitler and that healthcare reform is a Nazi idea.

Were these a very few out of thousands that are just plain incredibly stupid?

Quote:

It is of course if you are going to ignore what was meant by that statement. Most intelligent people knew exactly what was meant.Under this direction life or death would be decided for many seniors.

Actually Obama himself explained it best along with the wording in the health care bill.

He said..It might be that the decision has to be made to give patient a pill instead of treatment. He was talking about the health care bill provisions. It has nothing to do with him or the government when that decision is made. Contrary to a popular opinion,he is not God. That is the decision of the patient,DR and family and he can keep his mitts off or let a panel determine that for his wife.

Then of course Obama spelled out the bundling of medicare as a cost saving measure. Medicare bundling is paying the primary care physician so much per medicare patient a month whether they are seen or not. The Dr is encouraged to treat quickly without a lot of tests etc. The more tests the less the DR is paid.

My husband just recently would likely have been denied the many tests he went thru to find the cause of the problem.

Quote:

Yes I agree,very similar to one of Obama's czars. Only his nonsense involved Bush knowing or planning 9/11. The birther nonsense doesn't have quite the same level of responsibility and power as the communist Obama placed at a very high level.

I am beginning to feel sorry for this man. He seems to have spent a large part of his life as clueless. Didn't know for 20 years about Wright and his violent hate spewed from the pulpit. Didn't know much about his terrorist neighbor and friend Ayers.

Now the poor man didn't know that Van Jones was a self proclaimed communist.

Quote:
I am not confusing legitmate opposition from rational voices with this foolishness. But I am not so sure about you.

One thing I can assure you,I am sure about you.

During all the tea parties and rallies there has been two incidences of violence as far as I know.

One of Obama's union thugs ,attacked a black conservative and sent him to the emergency. Another big brave man attacked a elderly man and bit his finger off. Obama supporter.

Two incidences not committed by conservatives is a pretty good record for the many rallies and the thousands of people.

Here is a nice explanation of peaceful,patriotic,tolerant,loving liberal's. This is probably what Jeanne was referring to about dangerous mobs.

# Jason Allan Sparks, pled guilty to aiding and abetting first-degree criminal damage to property, which could draw 60 days in jail, $100 fine, and a $4,380 restitution for breaking windows.

# Sean Patrick McCoy, convicted of public assembly without a permit, conviction overturned on appeal, all charges dismissed.

# Glenn David Dyer, pled guilty to criminal damage to property for smashing a Macy's store window with a hammer, sentenced to 30 days in jail, $100 fine, 5 years probation, and $2,700 restitution.

# Elliot Hughes, who claimed police torture after arrest, charged with two counts of assaulting an officer and a separate count of obstructing the legal process with force, awaiting trial.

# David Terence Mahoney, second degree assault for throwing a 50-pound sandbag from an overpass onto Interstate 94, sentenced to 90 days.

# David McKay, pled guilty to one count of possession of an unregistered firearm, one count of illegal manufacture of a firearm and one count of possession of a firearm with no serial number (charges relating to 8 molotov cocktails). Sentenced to 48 months.

# Brad Crowder, pleaded guilty to possession of an unregistered firearm (molotov cocktail), sentenced to 24 months.

# Katyanne Marie Kibby, indicted for threatening the life of Brandon Darby, the informant in the cases of David McKay and Brad Crowder. If convicted, she could face 20 years in prison and a $250,000 fine.

# Matthew Bradley DePalma, possessing an unregistered firearm (molotov cocktail), sentenced to 42 months.

# Amy Goodman, Sharif Abdel Kouddous and Nicole Salazar, journalists covering the RNC and arrested for unlawful assembly, obstructing the legal process and incitement to riot: all charges dropped.

The previous post and the following article are not lunatic fringe. They are cowardly criminals. But they promote themselves as loving tolerant liberal's.SEIU is in Obama's pocket. Wonder if his statement of "if they hit us,we will hit back twice as hard" resulted in this.

August 7, 2009

Dear Mr. Hennessy:

I am Kenneth Gladney’s attorney. Kenneth was attacked on the evening of August 6, 2009 at Rep. Russ Carnahan’s town hall meeting in South St. Louis County. I was at the town hall meeting as well and witnessed the events leading up to the attack of Kenneth. Kenneth was approached by an SEIU representative as Kenneth was handing out “Don’t Tread on Me” flags to other conservatives. The SEIU representative demanded to know why a black man was handing out these flags. The SEIU member used a racial slur against Kenneth, then punched him in the face. Kenneth fell to the ground. Another SEIU member yelled racial epithets at Kenneth as he kicked him in the head and back. Kenneth was also brutally attacked by one other male SEIU member and an unidentified woman. The three men were clearly SEIU members, as they were wearing T-shirts with the SEIU logo.

Kenneth was beaten badly. One assailant fled on foot; three others were arrested. Kenneth was admitted to St. John’s Mercy Medical Center emergency room, where he was treated for his numerous injuries. Kenneth was merely expressing his freedom of speech by handing out the flags. In fact, he merely asked people as they exited the town hall meeting whether they would like a flag. He in no way provoked any argument or altercation, as evidenced by the fact that three assailants were arrested.

Originally Posted By: Richard Holbrook
A Great Big Amen for the Iron Deacon.

How can we do that? From reading his posts I am almost certain he is part of the lunatic fringe. rollingsmile

Certified USDA Prime lunatic fringe here, Bonnie!

Funny - had to go through Gov't regs just to get certified looney-tunes. Nothing comes naturally any more!!!

"The offense of the cross is that the cross is a confession of human frailty and sin and of inability to do any good thing. To take the cross of Christ means to depend solely on Him for everything, and this is the abasement of all human pride. Men love to fancy themselves independent. But let the cross be preached, let it be made known that in man dwells no good thing and that all must be received as a gift, and straightway someone is offended." Ellet J. Waggoner, The Glad Tidings

"The person who pays an ounce of principle for a pound of popularity gets badly cheated" - Ronald Reagan

Perhaps it the reflection of the times, Tom.

After all, it wasn't that long ago when CNN was praising left-wing protesters for comparing Bush with Hitler (splashed all over the evening news, all the press had their laughs), that the Patriot act was a fascist idea, the continued 9/11 truther nonsense and variations on that lunacy;

the continued Haliburton-Cheney non-issues;

The Code Pink nonsense and all that...

All of that was consider legitimate protest and opposition - Hillary herself declared it patriotic from the Senate floor.

My, oh my, what a change in administration brings to perception as to what is legitimate protest, and what is not.

I guess I'm saying I'd love to see a little more consistency in what is called "lunacy", Tom. Certainly looks and smells like a HUGE double standard.

Perhaps when I see HuffPo, Daily Kos, and such consistently repudiate such tactics on their side as lunacy, perhaps I'd be inclined say the same for the right. But when it is excused as patriotic for the left and called lunatic fringe for the right, then I have to really wonder the truthfulness of the tag, "lunatic fringe".

It's about silencing dissent, Tom. Nothing more. Nothing less.

One more thing...if it was indeed the lunatic fringe, as you insist, then the Commercial networks ought to have had a great time covering it with that slant. However, there's nothing but crickets chirping from them. Not a one covered it. With several reliable estimates putting the protest at 750,000 to 1,000,000 strong, not a network covered it, except...FOX, that hated icon to the left.

Bigger than Farakhan's "Million Man March", which got wall to wall, 24/7 coverage for a man who is truly lunatic fringe.

Not covered except by FOX.

Speaks volumes about what really is lunatic in this country right now, and it's not those tiny few in an otherwise polite and peaceful protest by people spanning the politcal spectrum who don't like what Obama is doing...who didn't bank on "HOPE and CHANGE" meaning getting their freedom and economy taken further down the trash than Bush took it.

Protest is only good when the Left is involved, correct, Tom? No matter how looney-tunes their talking points were?

Protest for Thee is patriotic...Protest for Me is lunatic fringe.

I guess you can call me a...

Certified Member of the Lunatic Fringe.

As long as you have been certified. Gives it a little more class

As long as you have been certified. Gives it a little more class

Hmmm...may be I can add that Certification to my signature line...

rollingsmile

Quote:

If I remember correctly socialized medicine had it's main start with Hitler.

If that statement indicates lunatic fringe what are we to do with "baby killer"? Often repeated against Bush.

Now the liberal's can tell me how this works. Has the fighting in Afghanistan killed innocent adults and babies?

If so what does that make Obama

Where are the peaceful liberal's now?

Except for the dimmest of people this was understood,but it makes such a nice diversion when necessary

Quote:
The continued birther nonsense and variations on that lunacy.{/quote]

The birther nonsense is not in the same class as planning 9/11 and killing your own citizens. Nor has the birther nonsense been a issue with highly placed powerful men as the 9/11 nonsense has.

Ted,I believe this is quite funny. Pick a very few out of ten thousands and make your stand for foolishness hinge on their actions.

Quote:
After all, it wasn't that long ago when CNN was praising left-wing protesters for comparing Bush with Hitler (splashed all over the evening news, all the press had their laughs), that the Patriot act was a fascist idea, the continued 9/11 truther nonsense and variations on that lunacy;

In the hands of a liberal this is democracy in action.

Quote:
I guess I'm saying I'd love to see a little more consistency in what is called "lunacy", Tom. Certainly looks and smells like a HUGE double standard.

There is no need to be consistent if a liberal. I have been waiting for the response to a completely unfounded statement concerning the reasons for abortions.

There is no reference,just a declaration that once again is meant to prove a case for Obama's health care BS.

Where is the post following that declaring it to be bogus and fantastical. A quick check will show how false that is.

Where are the violent or threatened violent actions by conservatives. It would be very helpful if those incidences could be referenced.

Quote:
Protest is only good when the Left is involved, correct, Tom? No matter how looney-tunes their talking points were?

Protest for Thee is patriotic...Protest for Me is lunatic fringe.

I guess you can call me a...

Certified Member of the Lunatic Fringe.

Of course Ted,when you have nothing going for your stand it has to be something and that diverts attention away from the true lunatic fringe. Altho that label might be a bit off. I believe they know exactly what they are doing

My mouse died on me before I could respond on this thread earlier.

One of the big reasons the average wage went down for Americans during the Bush Administration is because Bush did not enforce immigration law like Clinton did. A flood of illegal immigrants during the Bush years slowed down the increase in income in the agriculture, construction and manufacturing sectors of the American economy.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

My mouse died on me before I could respond on this thread earlier.

One of the big reasons the average wage went down for Americans during the Bush Administration is because Bush did not enforce immigration law like Clinton did. A flood of illegal immigrants during the Bush years slowed down the increase in income in the agriculture, construction and manufacturing sectors of the American economy.

Well,I guess I am still trying to find the "dangerous mobs" of the conservative right. We have had for years the lunatic comparison of Bush,the baby killer and Hitler. What happens to make it lunatic when conservatives use the words of the left lunatic fringe.If I remember Hitler was the frontrunner in health care reform. How does remembering that become lunatic fringe?

Most including Persident Obama knew exactly what was meant by death panels But on the other hand he had not read the bill and the "reforms" he was pushing so strongly. All he could do was deny. Deny what the rest of the US that read the bill understood.

The birther nonsense is outdone by the lunacy of Obama's powerful czar. The communist that signed on to Bush causing the 9/11 attack.

To say legitimate opposition has not been addressed,only a very few fringe,as in Obama's union thug beating a black conservative. I am waiting for the "black conservative acted stupidly"

To have the number and size of the rallies all summer long we had without riots and damage is commendable. Had it not been for the left lunatic fringe it would have been a perfect score.

Where are the "dangerous mob" concerns coming from??

Last year at the convention in MN,we had legitimate concerns over "lunatic fringe and dangerous mob"

The list I posted is only a partial list. Rally,riot and arrests squarely in the lap of the left

Wow...So the increase in the US border patrols, and the volunteer "Minute men" who also patrol the borders, did not stem the tide of immigration and caused the slowing in wages......

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...................................Those dots are kinda hard to connect, Shane....

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

The Minute Men had very little impact and the increases in the Border Patrol never really materialized as promised. 700 miles of wall has been built and it has impacted the price of drugs on the street so it must be working in some capacity.

The wages are low to American standards but not low for illegal immigrants. The amount of money sent home by wire transfer increased every year during the Bush Administration except for 2008, which is when the recession hit hard. Until we get illegal immigration under control, we cannot expect wages in the agricultural, construction or manufacturing sectors to keep up with the rate of inflation.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

He's spot on.

I wonder if the protesters that are breaking windows and throwing things are the ones that should be feared as a dangerous mob.

Didn't hear anything like this with the "dangerous right"