ClubAdventist is back!

An about face on Global Warming...

It's nice that some of the scientists finally have the nerve to speak what they have known for some time, that man-made global warming is a farce.

After the debacle with the Clowns-in-Chief at the UN today it looks like it will be a while before the politicians notice.

"You may not agree with everyone. But if you are an honest man, when someone says something you disagree with it’ll drive you to the Word. If you find out that you were wrong and change your thinking then you are the better for it. If you go to the Word and find out that you were right then you have been strengthened. But either way always go to the Word!!” Billye Brim

Does this mean we can go back to throwing our plastics away in the river??!

Cap and trade has nothing to do with plastics in the river

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

It's nice that some of the scientists finally have the nerve to speak what they have known for some time, that man-made global warming is a farce.

After the debacle with the Clowns-in-Chief at the UN today it looks like it will be a while before the politicians notice.

I think Obama and his supporters have a clear vision of where they want this country to go.

When you look at a person's friends and what they represent and the spiritual and political mentors that have shaped their ideology,the third world murdering thugs that have nothing but praise for a man in his position,his public betrayal of a ally

are you surprised.

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

thumbsup

Ya got that right.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

Okay, but does it mean we should go back to polluting the earth or not??

What do you mean"Go back to polluting"?

I am referring to the so called climate change and global warming.

No,we should not litter or pollute.

When those wringing their hands over global warming actually believe what they are saying and actually have fear as to what will happen,THEY WILL CHANGE.

The expert Prince Charles thinks we will be gone in 96 months. His big concern is we must reduce our driving. This man has 8 vehicles.Michael Moore,celebrities and the like wail about "carbon footprints". They all have several homes,several vehicles,private jets.

Al Gore is a joke. global warming has been a great money maker for Al Gore as he leaves very large "carbon footprints"

Isn't he the one that said that ten of the hottest years in history came in the last 11 years. I could look it up again but am not going to

Maybe Al Gore should stop with the convenient lies.

Nasa doesn't agree with Al Gore either.

The 1930's hold the record as the hottest decade with.

What caused that "climate change"?

The climate is always changing. Global warming seems to have missed this year. Record low summer temperatures in many area's .

Al Gore seemed highly concerned about the extinction of the polar bears. I think someone forgot to tell him they are actually increasing. A government survey in Canada a couple of years ago showed the population was well over 2,000,up from less than a 1000.

If there is a true concern over global warming,a concern on the level the politicians and celebrities would like all to believe,they will stop the "big carbon footprints"

They will not have several homes,private jets,several vehicles and the lavish lifestyle they live.

I don't think they believe one word of the global warming junk they spew

• Members

Not only that, are they living like that is the case, absolutely not.

pk

phkrause

Obstinacy is a barrier to all improvement. - ChL 60

I meant, should we go back to using plastic bags for our groceries--instead of the cloth bags; go back to throwing our aluminum cans in the trash--instead of recycling them to be used again; go back to using more packaging--instead of less; to burning tires, because it's convenient; to smoking indoors; to throwing our plastics out in the garbage to end up in the lakes and rivers, instead of being reused; should we go back to using aerosol cans; and so on and so forth.

The "global warming" movement has played a huge role in cleaning up the planet. Whether it's true or not, still, good has come of it. At least, in my own backyard.

I meant, should we go back to using plastic bags for our groceries--instead of the cloth bags; go back to throwing our aluminum cans in the trash--instead of recycling them to be used again; go back to using more packaging--instead of less; to burning tires, because it's convenient; to smoking indoors; to throwing our plastics out in the garbage to end up in the lakes and rivers, instead of being reused; should we go back to using aerosol cans; and so on and so forth.

The "global warming" movement has played a huge role in cleaning up the planet. Whether it's true or not, still, good has come of it. At least, in my own backyard.

I still use plastic bags compliments of the grocery store.

People that smoke should be free to do so in their own homes.

If the country continues to subsidize the tobacco companies they have little reason or right to be passing laws against what they endorse with money.

I don't have a thing against aerosol cans.

There is nothing that says you have to pollute to your hearts content if you don't believe in global warming.

Not only that, are they living like that is the case, absolutely not.

pk

If I feared something enough to push cap and trade ,something that is going to create the havoc it will, I would be very careful personally as to what I did.

Not one of those crying the sky is falling shows the slightest indication they are going to restrict themselves. Only everyone else.

It does put tremendous wealth and power in their hands while the serfs are to return to the 19th century in "carbon footprints"

I for one an just thrilled to see the end of the farce about Global Warming. Praise God.

I believe in Hematology.

• Members

I agree with what your saying Bonnie. I just hate those plastic bags, I ask for paper, and I think they do less harm to the environment than the plastic bags.

pk

phkrause

Pk ... It was the environmentalists that forced us to go from paper to plastic. Don't you remember the days?

I believe in Hematology.

I guess I'm just younger than most. Smoke bothers me. Pollution bothers me. Aerosol cans bother me.

I'm glad there was a "farce" because it made a whole lot of people more aware, more concerned, and more active in their role in caring for the earth. Recycling bins are now commonplace on our street (they're coming to pick up our recyclables tomorrow), the rivers are a whole lot cleaner (yeah! now we can swim in them without those little plastic bags getting caught around our toes), and my kiddos can breathe easy in public places.

Hurrah for the good that the "farce" accomplished! Woot!

I agree with what your saying Bonnie. I just hate those plastic bags, I ask for paper, and I think they do less harm to the environment than the plastic bags.

pk

What is really interesting is disposable diapers. I have a online business selling designer cloth diapers. They have become really popular.

If there would be anything that I would like to see no longer used it is disposables. It takes years and years for them to decompose.

I had thought the moms were doing so in an effort to be "green"

Nope,it is the overall cost that motivates them.

Moms that will recycle and use paper instead of plastic would not think of letting go of their disposable diapers.

I use plastic as I reuse almost all of them.

• Members

Yes I know Redwood, and I think I just read that now there thinking that plastic is far worse than paper.

pk

phkrause

I guess I'm just younger than most. Smoke bothers me. Pollution bothers me. Aerosol cans bother me.

I'm glad there was a "farce" because it made a whole lot of people more aware, more concerned, and more active in their role in caring for the earth. Recycling bins are now commonplace on our street (they're coming to pick up our recyclables tomorrow), the rivers are a whole lot cleaner (yeah! now we can swim in them without those little plastic bags getting caught around our toes), and my kiddos can breathe easy in public places.

Hurrah for the good that the "farce" accomplished! Woot!

The farce coming down the pike has far less to do with recycling than it does to restrict the heat in your home,the air condition in the summer,how far you can drive and what you can drive.

Cleaning up the rivers doesn't have anything to do with cap and trade

I'm not talking about cap and trade. :)

The title topic is Global Warming,cap and trade are a direct result of the hype over global warming,not whether smoke bothers someone

I for one an just thrilled to see the end of the farce about Global Warming. Praise God.

It isn't over yet, Redwood. Just because it's been proven a farce doesn't mean people in high places won't try to use it to handicap and dictate to people their lifestyle. The "good for the environment" excuse is just taken away.

To address Aubrey's concerns above - I'd say anything we do to conserve our natural resources, to get the maximum and best usage for, is good. Stewardship is to be a positive point, voluntarily drawn from wise planning and use of reaources, not forced under false pretenses or because others think they know better than you.

Hence - use your cloth bags instead of plastic and recycle the plastic bags, if you wish, conserving plastic will make better usage of our petroleum resources...

Recyle those aluminum and stainless steel cans, and glass, and paper, and whatever else is recyclable - it's common sense just to get all the use out of these ores and materials one can. Best, we can choose to participate.

Aerosols - well, that technology has come a long way as far as perceived and real impact on the environment. Use them if you want; use the equivalent in a spray bottle/solid if you want. We now have choices in this respect, and free choice is always good for people.

Other conserving/recycling tips - as we become aware, educated, and convicted they are right for our lives...

That's the beauty of stewardship - it must be voluntary. Once it is mandated by law, it is no longer a stewardship, but a legal obligation.

"As iron sharpens iron, so also does one man sharpen another" - Proverbs 27:17

"The offense of the cross is that the cross is a confession of human frailty and sin and of inability to do any good thing. To take the cross of Christ means to depend solely on Him for everything, and this is the abasement of all human pride. Men love to fancy themselves independent. But let the cross be preached, let it be made known that in man dwells no good thing and that all must be received as a gift, and straightway someone is offended." Ellet J. Waggoner, The Glad Tidings

"Courage is being scared to death - and saddling up anyway" - John Wayne

"The person who pays an ounce of principle for a pound of popularity gets badly cheated" - Ronald Reagan

Does this mean we can go back to throwing our plastics away in the river??!
No..you're supposed to burn them. Gosh!!

napoleon.jpg

"Please don't feed the drama queens.."

Quote:
The strong warming effect that we experienced during the last decades will be interrupted. Temperatures will be more or less steady for some years, and thereafter will pickup again and continue to warm

Glad to see you accept this proclamation as prophetic, since it isn't science. If he had predicted the current cooling (hint: he didn't) then his declarations about what will happen might carry some scientific weight.

But, for the faithful, evidence is not necessary. As long as you admit it's faith, it's at least honest.

Quote:
Isn't it amazing what people leave out...conveniently

Oh, and next time, leave out the evil surmising.

“the slovenliness of our language makes it easier to have foolish thoughts.” George Orwell

See...this is the point I was trying to make. Once global warming is "proven" a "farce", there are many far and near who will think it okay to go ahead and trash the planet.

And if no one else wants to talk about keeping the planet clean, but would rathter stick to the topic of global warming and the science therein, well, go ahead.

I'm not stopping anyone. Nor am I forcing anyone to talk about what I wanted to talk about for that matter.

Off to share a dinner of whirled peas...