ClubAdventist is back!

An about face on Global Warming...

I for one an just thrilled to see the end of the farce about Global Warming. Praise God.
olger agrees with Redwood

Shocked.jpg

oG

"Please don't feed the drama queens.."

• Moderators

Responded in the other thread. Here's a response to the reporting of Mojid Latif's speech:

http://thingsbreak.wordpress.com/2009/09...des-of-cooling/

And here's the video showing clearly that warming has *not* stopped, and it's the most outrageous and dishonest cherry-picking to claim that it has:

http://www.bravus.com/blog/?p=1289

Anyway, have fun with it: I have no energy to spend arguing with people whose minds are made up.

Truth is important

Quote:
I have no energy to spend arguing with people whose minds are made up.

Must be why you go along with the church of Global Warming.

“the slovenliness of our language makes it easier to have foolish thoughts.” George Orwell

Quote:

Amazing. The whole Global Warming Hysteria is based on computer models, none of which predicted the current situation. We're to believe that though they can't get it right a few decades out, but they must be right a century out! Talk about minds made up!

And then there's the issue of the data which they won't -- no wait, can't-- no wait the did to allies, but won't release to others.

Whatever that is, it isn't science.

“the slovenliness of our language makes it easier to have foolish thoughts.” George Orwell

Quote:

Amazing. The whole Global Warming Hysteria is based on computer models, none of which predicted the current situation. We're to believe that though they can't get it right a few decades out, but they must be right a century out! Talk about minds made up!

And then there's the issue of the data which they won't -- no wait, can't-- no wait the did to allies, but won't release to others.

Whatever that is, it isn't science.

Those computer models are quite fabricated. Many of the serious factors for global warming - like sunspot activity, water vapor action, volcanic activity - are either disregarded entirely or statistically weighted into insignificance. Even worse, some models take a very simplistic mathematical approach - assuming an infinitely thick atmosphere to make the math much easier. Assuming an infinitely small/large x is an excellent idea for teaching junior electromagnetism physics or introductory boundary equations, but not so good for research scientists studying the climate.

Once the serious warming/cooling factors are weighted as observed in the atmospheric system, climate change due to man's input is shrunk to a ridiculously small, insignificant effect. More and more scientists are picking up on this.

Common sense geology/vulcanology is enough to bat this one out of the park, because it is quite understood in those communities that just the last 3 major eruptions put more climate-changing gases into the atmosphere than what man has introduced in the last 1000 yrs.

There is one good thing about this issue, though: it has given me a good use for my knowledge of man's studies in "paleoclimatology"....

Man's science, used against itself...

If the whole of the human race went to a Stone Age existence tomorrow, and stayed that way for the next 2,000,000 yrs...the earth would just continue to warm and cool, change gas content percentages, belch forth gases that react in the atmosphere - just as it does today.

"As iron sharpens iron, so also does one man sharpen another" - Proverbs 27:17

"The offense of the cross is that the cross is a confession of human frailty and sin and of inability to do any good thing. To take the cross of Christ means to depend solely on Him for everything, and this is the abasement of all human pride. Men love to fancy themselves independent. But let the cross be preached, let it be made known that in man dwells no good thing and that all must be received as a gift, and straightway someone is offended." Ellet J. Waggoner, The Glad Tidings

"Courage is being scared to death - and saddling up anyway" - John Wayne

"The person who pays an ounce of principle for a pound of popularity gets badly cheated" - Ronald Reagan