ClubAdventist is back!

My School

james423

• Moderators

We need your prayers at Laurelbrook School. The U.S. Labor Department has decided to appeal U.S. District Judge Curtis Collier's ruling that we were a school and we had a legitimate vocational program. On what grounds they are appealing, our attorneys do not know (you're welcome to read Judge Collier's opinion on our web site Labor Case ).

We are looking at at least another nine months before the U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals based in Cincinatti, Ohio is finished with its ruling on the case (and another $50,000 is spent). From what we understand, a three judge panel will be created from the 24 judges in that circuit. Then they will review the case, their subordinates will review the case, and then they will issue their ruling.

It's been a long hard road already, and we have lost one president due to mental and physical exhaustion from this case (he couldn't sleep at nights). We just got another and hope that the fallout from the case doesn't break him, too. I know there have been other problems that contributed to the president's resignation, but the case (I feel) was a big part of it.

We're not giving up, but we do need your prayers, your donations, and students if you know anyone who wants to attend. We try to give the young people a good academic education as well as a practical training for life. It's something I guess the devil doesn't want.

Thanks.

James Brenneman

• Members

Will be adding you and the school to our pray list, praying that God's will be done.

pk

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Administrators

May God be glorified in this!

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• Moderators

Nothing yet. Thanks so so much for your prayers and interest.

We had a good picnic on Wednesday at Falls Creek Falls State Park, which is about an hour away from the school. The day was beautiful but a little cold. I think everyone enjoyed it.

James Brenneman

• 1 month later...

Hi James!

I am good friends with Roger and Maudee Westfall and have been praying for this situation to be over for sometime. You guys down there at Laurelbrook are in our prayers!

Puddles