ClubAdventist is back!

How long will our Constitution maintain?

LifeHiscost

"....our nation [the United States] will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {Mar 190.1}"

Quoting from email received yesterday;

For those of you who know him, I received this from Leonard Wheeler.

IF YOU HAVE DOUBTS AFTER THE PRESIDENT'S SPEECH LAST NIGHT, READ WHAT A CONSTITUTIONAL LAWYER HAS TO SAY...

Michael Connelly of Carrollton, Texas is a retired Constitutional lawyer and has read the entire health care bill and has some comments, not about the bill, but about the effects on our Constitution. It's a broader picture than just health care reform.

It's time we sit up and pay attention; once this sort of thing happens, it will be irreversible. We have reason to be very afraid of what is happening.

THE TRUTH ABOUT THE HEALTH CARE BILLS

Well, I have done it! I have read the entire text of proposed House Bill 3200: The Affordable Health Care Choices Act of 2009. I studied it with particular emphasis from my area of expertise, constitutional law. I was frankly concerned that parts of the proposed law that were being discussed might be unconstitutional. What I found was far worse than what I had heard or expected.

To begin with, much of what has been said about the law and its implications is in fact true, despite what the Democrats and the media are saying. The law does provide for rationing of health care, particularly where senior citizens and other classes of citizens are involved, free health care for illegal immigrants,free abortion services, and probably forced participation in abortions by members of the medical profession.

The Bill will also eventually force private insurance companies out of business and put everyone into a government run system. All decisions about personal health care will ultimately be made by federal bureaucrats and most of them will not be health care professionals. Hospital admissions, payments to physicians, and allocations of necessary medical devices will be strictly controlled.

However, as scary as all of that it, it just scratches the surface. In fact, I have concluded that this legislation really has no intention of providing affordable health care choices. Instead, it is a convenient cover for the most massive transfer of power to the Executive Branch of government that has ever occurred, or even been contemplated. If this law or a similar one is adopted, major portions of the Constitution of the United States will effectively have been destroyed.

The first thing to go will be the masterfully crafted balance of power between the Executive, Legislative, and Judicial branches of the U.S. Government. The Congress will be transferring to the Obama Administration authority in a number of different areas over the lives of the American people and the businesses they own. The irony is that the Congress doesn't have any authority to legislate in most of those areas to begin with. I defy anyone to read the text of the U.S. Constitution and find any authority granted to the members of Congress to regulate health care.

This legislation also provides for access by the appointees of the Obama administration of all of your personal healthcare information, your personal financial information, and the information of your employer, physician, and hospital. All of this is a direct violation of the specific provisions of the 4th Amendment to the Constitution protecting against unreasonable searches and seizures. You can also forget about the right to privacy. That will have been legislated into oblivion regardless of what the 3rd and 4th Amendments may provide.

If you decide not to have healthcare insurance or if you have private insurance that is not deemed "acceptable" to the "Health Choices Administrator" appointed by Obama there will be a tax imposed on you. It is called a "tax" instead of a fine because of the intent to avoid application of the due process clause of the 5th Amendment. However, that doesn't work because since there is nothing in the law that allows you to contest or appeal the imposition of the tax, it is definitely depriving someone of property without the "due process of law.

So, there are three of those pesky amendments that the far left hate so much out the original ten in the Bill of Rights that are effectively nullified by this law. It doesn't stop there though. The 9th Amendment that provides: "The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people." The 10th Amendment states: "The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are preserved to the States respectively, or to the people." Under the provisions of this piece of Congressional handiwork neither the people nor the states are going to have any rights or powers at all in many areas that once were theirs to control.

I could write many more pages about this legislation, but I think you get the idea. This is not about health care; it is about seizing power and limiting rights. Article 6 of the Constitution requires the members of both houses of Congress to "be bound by oath or affirmation" to support the Constitution. If I was a member of Congress, I would not be able to vote for this legislation or anything like it without feeling I was violating that sacred oath or affirmation. If I voted for it anyway, I would hope the American people would hold me accountable.

For those who might doubt the nature of this threat I suggest they consult the source. Here is a link to the Constitution:

http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/charters/constitution_transcript.html

And another to the Bill of Rights: http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/charters/bill_of_rights_transcript.html

There you can see exactly what we are about to have taken from us.

Michael Connelly

Retired Attorney, Constitutional Law Instructor

Carrollton, Texas

http://michaelconnelly.viviti.com/

All underlined mine LHC

Blessings! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

Obama says that is not true. He has not read it or hadn't while he was defending and pushing this plan,but he denied it

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

QR frame:

So, how’s that “hope and change” thingee workin’ for y’alls ‘bout now, eh? --Czar jasd

Not well.But all should be well soon. Heard a new tape of indoctrination today. The Lord's Prayer but substituting Obama's name. Surely we can't go wrong with that

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

QR frame:

So, how’s that “hope and change” thingee workin’ for y’alls ‘bout now, eh? --Czar jasd

Didn't vote for ol' "Hope and Change", so I didn't want that little thingee...and it isn't working for me or anyone else.

As complacent as the America populace has been over the last several election cycles, it was only a matter of time before elements of both parties would craft this sort of power grab.

Remember the Great Harlot of Revelation 17...she really does not care what kind of character the beast she rides is, only that she can ride astride it (the dominant controlling position).

So long as the 10 Commandments and the 10 Amendments hold true, she is one frustrated piece of work. She has been biding her time, working slowly at first, but now in greater efforts.

I also seem to remember that EGW said that our freedom - particularly of conscience - will be gone over night. Debate about it won't be a factor.

"As iron sharpens iron, so also does one man sharpen another" - Proverbs 27:17

"The offense of the cross is that the cross is a confession of human frailty and sin and of inability to do any good thing. To take the cross of Christ means to depend solely on Him for everything, and this is the abasement of all human pride. Men love to fancy themselves independent. But let the cross be preached, let it be made known that in man dwells no good thing and that all must be received as a gift, and straightway someone is offended." Ellet J. Waggoner, The Glad Tidings

"Courage is being scared to death - and saddling up anyway" - John Wayne

"The person who pays an ounce of principle for a pound of popularity gets badly cheated" - Ronald Reagan

Obama says that is not true. He has not read it or hadn't while he was defending and pushing this plan,but he denied it

Either that or he was lying.

Catherine

God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:26.

"To be a Christian means to forgive the inexcusable, because God has forgiven the inexcusable in you." -- C. S. Lewis

Originally Posted By: bonnie

Either that or he was lying.

Well those that are pushing so hard to pass it have said they haven't read it either. Commenting it would take the help of two attorney's to help them wade thru it.

Have refused to place it on the gov website as it would only confuse them.

• Moderators

Erm, there is a third possibility: the author of the piece quoted in the opening post was lying.

And *cough*Politics forum*cough*

Truth is important

Erm, there is a third possibility: the author of the piece quoted in the opening post was lying.

The author of the piece,don't think so.Some of us have spent a lot of time reading and rereading because of the direct impact it will have on our families.

The author of the quoted piece must have read it as well to know what was in there.

And *cough*Politics forum*cough* In case you missed it I did not begin the topic

Look at what is in the bill,as in read it,then look at and understand our constitution

More and more people ,many that voted for him are waking up to the dangers he presents

An opinion piece, no more no less..we all have opinions. We can find what ever we wish to find.

An opinion is a belief that may or may not be backed up with evidence, but which cannot be proved with that evidence. It is normally a subjective statement and may be the result of an emotion or an interpretation of facts; people may draw opposing opinions from the same facts.

Much of the health care bill is quite clear. It is not an opinion,it is what was put in the bill. Medicare bundling,straight from Obama is very clear.Obama defending and denying on points he was not even aware of.

Fines by the IRS if you resist buying insurance.

Obama claims to want competition which is baloney. A government option is not competitive. The rules they would like in place will destroy,not compete with private insurance.

Government does not need to make a profit to survive. They run short they take it from the US citizens

True competition is a dirty word to government.They simply could remove the prohibition that stops out of state coverage and remove some of the mandates. I think MN has something like 60 that must be followed ,while others have only single digits.

But that does not give the control

The farce that abortion will not be paid for should be clear to most.

If abortion is a right,if a woman's privacy is a right,if health care is a right,how will anyone back denying the right to abortion.

There is a lot more opinion in the health care bill. The aim is quite clear.

I thought this was a topic a little off the flavor of the TownHall forum...

"As iron sharpens iron, so also does one man sharpen another" - Proverbs 27:17

"The offense of the cross is that the cross is a confession of human frailty and sin and of inability to do any good thing. To take the cross of Christ means to depend solely on Him for everything, and this is the abasement of all human pride. Men love to fancy themselves independent. But let the cross be preached, let it be made known that in man dwells no good thing and that all must be received as a gift, and straightway someone is offended." Ellet J. Waggoner, The Glad Tidings

"Courage is being scared to death - and saddling up anyway" - John Wayne

"The person who pays an ounce of principle for a pound of popularity gets badly cheated" - Ronald Reagan