ClubAdventist is back!

Global Warming To End Olympics

Dr. Shane

Olympics-2016 Games could be the last, says Tokyo governor

Tokyo governor Shintaro Ishihara warned on Wednesday the 2016 Olympics could be the last Games, with global warming an immediate threat to mankind.

Tokyo is bidding to host the 2016 summer Olympics with Chicago, Rio de Janeiro and Madrid also in the running. The International Olympic Committee will elect the winning candidate during its session on Oct. 2 in the Danish capital.

"It could be that the 2016 Games are the last Olympics in the history of mankind," Ishihara told reporters at a Tokyo 2016 press event ahead of the vote.

"Global warming is getting worse. We have to come up with measures without which Olympic Games could not last long.

"Scientists have said we have passed the point of no return," said Ishihara.

Tokyo has put considerable emphasis on staging a green Games with the planned Olympic stadium the first to be fully powered by renewable energy, including solar power.

"Tokyo is prepared to do everything to create the best conditions for the athletes," he said.

[text taken from link]

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

I believe in global warming and I believe that man is impacting it however I also believe that alarmists do the cause more harm than good.

• Members

Couldn't agree with you more Shane.

pk

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

Wow. These sensationalists are unwittingly turning mankind's ears away from the real event, the Second Coming of Jesus the Christ. The soul can harbor only so much sensationalism, and people have been whipped to various frenzies over SARS, Killer Bees, Ozone Hole, Global Warming, Ice ages, Radon, Asbestos, Swine Flu, and others. Thus many will not care about the one Event that matters.

g

"Please don't feed the drama queens.."

With all that's going on and all that is 'feared' to be going on ... our hearts faileth from fear.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

With all the claims of gloval warming, why are we experiencing unusally cool wether here in New England? A tour guide at Martha's Vinyard said this summer the sea water was 9 degrees cooler than previous year, this means we will have very cold winter. So, where is the global warming? The other day a spokesman for the global warming was invited to the Fox Channel and he accepted the invitation until he found out the president of Accuweather was also coming for a discussion. The president of the Accuweather was the only one spoke. His question was also where is the global warming?! This is my question also.

Won

Accuweather is perhaps the most credible group that raises some good questions about global warming. We know that certain gases create a greenhouse effect. Just compare Mercury with Venus. Venus is hotter than Mercury but Mercury is closer to the Sun. We also know that there has been more solar activity on the Sun's surface. So the Sun has been producing more heat. Mars is also experiencing global warming. So while the Sun is creating more heat, we are trapping more of it in our atmosphere.

Accuweather is perhaps the most credible group that raises some good questions about global warming. We know that certain gases create a greenhouse effect. Just compare Mercury with Venus. Venus is hotter than Mercury but Mercury is closer to the Sun. We also know that there has been more solar activity on the Sun's surface. So the Sun has been producing more heat. Mars is also experiencing global warming. So while the Sun is creating more heat, we are trapping more of it in our atmosphere.

That's why this AGW thing has such a skeptic in me, Shane.

Most of the gases responsible for warming/cooling (water vapor, methane, sulphur dioxide, to name just 3) are simply left out of most models. Solar sunspot activity - much more correlated to warming/cooling periods of the earth, are not considered at all. As I've noted before, all it takes is one major volcanic eruption for enough greenhouse gases and dust to be ejected into the air which surpasses man's industrial production.

Do I believe that there are warming/cooling periods in the earth's history? Yes.

Do I believe that these climatic change periods will continue to occur? Yes.

Do I believe mankind's contribution of greenhouse gas production is significant enough to have even a minor effect on the overall climatic system, with all of its checks and balances? No, I don't.

As for current solar sunspot activity - we entered a minimum several years ago. These events have been firmly correlated with cooling periods on the earth. The Little Ice Age - the previous minimum - is what the world was slowly warming out of up until the end of the last century. The current minimum is forecast to last to at least the middle of this century - meaning the earth will be cooling for a while.

As for the melting glaciers in Greenland - there is a major reason why that place was called "Greenland": when the Vikings settled there, there were no glaciers there. Naturally. No man-made global warming. The colonizers could grow crops and raise farm animals there. At the same time, these same Vikings named what is now the Northeast US and Nova Scotia of Cananda, Vinland. Because of all the wild grapes that grew naturally there.

Even with the current scare levels we are given today, neither area comes close to the warmth levels required to achieve what the Vikings observed and lived previous to the Little Ice Age.

Glad you came up with the point about Mars warming. That Mars follows similar cycles to earth should be a strong clue that man is not the chief culprit - and is, in fact, waaaaaaay down the list of significant factors affecting our climate.

Got to roll...

"As iron sharpens iron, so also does one man sharpen another" - Proverbs 27:17

"The offense of the cross is that the cross is a confession of human frailty and sin and of inability to do any good thing. To take the cross of Christ means to depend solely on Him for everything, and this is the abasement of all human pride. Men love to fancy themselves independent. But let the cross be preached, let it be made known that in man dwells no good thing and that all must be received as a gift, and straightway someone is offended." Ellet J. Waggoner, The Glad Tidings

"Courage is being scared to death - and saddling up anyway" - John Wayne

"The person who pays an ounce of principle for a pound of popularity gets badly cheated" - Ronald Reagan

I want global warming to happen, warmer weather = more rain fall, which means more water, which means more crop production. Who says global warming is a bad thing? Do we want glaciers carving giant canyons in Yosemite again?

-Jason

Youtube.com/narcah

• Members

I guess your right Narcah, it does sound good. It also means the winters might get shorter up here in the NE, but I doubt it.

pk

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

Yes. I agree with all of you about that.

Good point Narcah.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

GP, to no one person in particular.....

And I heard the altar respond:

"Yes, Lord God Almighty,

true and just are your judgments."

8The fourth angel poured out his bowl on the sun, and the sun was given power to scorch people with fire. 9They were seared by the intense heat and they cursed the name of God, who had control over these plagues, but they refused to repent and glorify him.

Revelation 16:7-9

No one wants to apply these verses to what is currently happening....and yet...they seem to apply...

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

GP, to no one person in particular.....

And I heard the altar respond:

"Yes, Lord God Almighty,

true and just are your judgments."

8The fourth angel poured out his bowl on the sun, and the sun was given power to scorch people with fire. 9They were seared by the intense heat and they cursed the name of God, who had control over these plagues, but they refused to repent and glorify him.

Revelation 16:7-9

No one wants to apply these verses to what is currently happening....and yet...they seem to apply...

Are we in the period of the seven last plagues? How did we miss the first three? They sound pretty noteworthy to me.

Can you explain what the human race can do with the seven angels with the seven last.Doesn't it say with this that in them God's wrath is complete. Can we turn away God's wrath by the type of car we drive or how much gas we buy?

If this is the 4th of the seven what are all the puny efforts of man going to do about it?

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

Are we in the period of the seven last plagues? How did we miss the first three? They sound pretty noteworthy to me.

Oh, shoot, Bonnie...We were given time and place of His birth. We missed the first coming of Christ also... How do you explain that? [a "not-that-retorical" question]...

I am not changing the thread...but rather giving a biblical perspective, even if misplaced [*IF* it is]...to encourage discussion... Not looking to start some arguement...

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

Originally Posted By: bonnie

Oh, shoot, Bonnie...We were given time and place of His birth. We missed the first coming of Christ also... How do you explain that? [a "not-that-retorical" question]...

I am not changing the thread...but rather giving a biblical perspective, even if misplaced [*IF* it is]...to encourage discussion... Not looking to start some arguement...

I don't have to explain why people of 2,000 years ago missed the birth of Christ. Personally I think the "low key" entry into this world as a baby was for obvious reasons.

The biblical instruction concerning the seven last plagues has nothing to do with global warming. If they did any effort we would make would be funny as well as pointless.

The seven last plagues is not a biblical perspective of a so called man made crisis.

There is however biblical perspective to be found in the erosion of our rights and the ultimate persecution and end that will bring about.

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

• 3 weeks later...

Er... how can we KNOW that global warming is or is not one of the seven last plagues when it hasn't hurt us yet?

"Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much." - Oscar Wilde

�Do to others whatever you would like them to do to you. This is the essence of all that is taught in the law and the prophets." - Jesus

Er... how can we KNOW that global warming is or is not one of the seven last plagues when it hasn't hurt us yet?

If it is one of the seven last plagues we needn't worry about doing something about it or cap and trade taxes to get people to stop producing greenhouse gasas.

That would be rather foolish

Originally Posted By: SivartM

If it is one of the seven last plagues we needn't worry about doing something about it or cap and trade taxes to get people to stop producing greenhouse gasas.

I thought we were talking about the sun getting hotter. Which wouldn't really have much to do with greenhouse gases to my knowledge. It's not like you can keep the sun from getting hotter by not producing greenhouse gases.

�Do to others whatever you would like them to do to you. This is the essence of all that is taught in the law and the prophets." - Jesus

Originally Posted By: bonnie

I thought we were talking about the sun getting hotter. Which wouldn't really have much to do with greenhouse gases to my knowledge. It's not like you can keep the sun from getting hotter by not producing greenhouse gases.

Explain it to the "experts" They disagree with you. If we reduce and go green they claim that can effect and stop destruction to the planet.

Main cause of global warming is the emission of greenhouse gases. Supposedly the cause of this is the last 30 years caused by burning fossil fuels

We can do nothing to effect any of the seven last plagues. Going green will not have much impact on end time events.

It can however make it miserable getting to that point.

I'm not sure if you agree or disagree with the experts. Do you believe that global warming is caused by and therefore can be stopped by humans?

If so, a prophecy that says that global warming will not be stopped is no different than a prophecy that says that wars will continue until the end. That doesn't mean, though, that because wars will definitely continue, that we shouldn't strive for peace.

If not, then a prophecy that says that global warming will not be stopped is common sense. Of course we can't stop it because we didn't start it.

I'm not sure if you agree or disagree with the experts. Do you believe that global warming is caused by and therefore can be stopped by humans?

If so, a prophecy that says that global warming will not be stopped is no different than a prophecy that says that wars will continue until the end. That doesn't mean, though, that because wars will definitely continue, that we shouldn't strive for peace.

If not, then a prophecy that says that global warming will not be stopped is common sense. Of course we can't stop it because we didn't start it.

No I don't believe the "experts" that claim global warming is caused by humans.

We have always had climate change and always will. The past decade has actually been cooler,but not to worry.Some experts have said we will have another global warming change about 2030.

I didn't bring up the seven last plagues as a possible consideration for global warming.

We can do nothing about the seven last plagues but be ready,any other hand wringing is pointless.

I know, Neil did. And I'm wondering why you don't think that could be a valid interpretation. It's not like anyone's running around screaming about how global warming is going to be one of the last plagues and we all must panic.

I know, Neil did. And I'm wondering why you don't think that could be a valid interpretation. It's not like anyone's running around screaming about how global warming is going to be one of the last plagues and we all must panic.

Do you believe that the plagues will be a creeping situation.

Going on for a number of years slowly causing the earth to become to hot.

I don't think so. To listen to the "experts" we have been warming for quite some time now,gradually. Now across the US at least we have a pretty dramatic cooling going on.

The plagues are not going to be this gradual incidence.Coming and going.

Before "the sun scorching" there are some other plagues before that occurs. Maybe we missed the sores on man and beast.The sea and rivers and springs have not become as blood.

Others are free to choose what they believe. I believe that the plagues are not going to be guess work,we will know