ClubAdventist is back!

Michelle Obama: It's a Sacrifice To Travel To Pitch For Olympics

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinio...s-62928957.html

The old tried and true,"It Is For The Children"

Do you think this is the sacrifice Obama is talking about for the serfs of his kingdom?

Maybe we can hear why they needed two planes,one for each. Carbon footprints,what rot

Michelle Obama: It's a 'sacrifice' to travel to Europe to pitch for the Olympics. But I'm doing it for the kids.

By: Byron York

Chief Political Correspondent

09/30/09 5:12 PM EDT

First lady Michelle Obama's speaks at the Caroline Family Practice in Bowling Green, Va., Monday, July 27, 2009. She participated in a ribbon-cutting ceremony to help open this new community health ...

First lady Michelle Obama(AP Photo/ Richmond Times-Dispatch, Dean Hoffmeyer, Pool)

In her speech in Copenhagen today, First Lady Michelle Obama said her trip to Denmark, along with the travel of her "dear friend" and "chit-chat buddy" Oprah Winfrey, as well as tomorrow's visit by President Obama, is a "sacrifice" on behalf of the children of Chicago and the United States. "As much of a sacrifice as people say this is for me or Oprah or the president to come for these few days," the first lady told a crowd of people involved in the Chicago project, "so many of you in this room have been working for years to bring this bid home."

"As first lady, as many of you know, I’ve made it a priority to bridge the gap between the White House and communities across D.C. and across the country," Mrs. Obama continued. "I’ve spent much of my first nine months trying to open the doors to the White House to kids who might not otherwise see themselves having access to these institutions, because that’s where I came from – communities like that where kids never dreamed that they could set foot in the White House, let alone live there…And Barack and I made a point of doing the same thing when we lived in Chicago – making the concerns of kids in all sorts of communities our own."

Mrs. Obama said bringing the Olympics to Chicago is especially important right now because "athletics is becoming more of a fleeting opportunity." "Funds dry up so it becomes harder for kids to engage in sports, to learn how to swim, to even ride a bike," she said. In addition, with childhood obesity on the rise, "it is so important for us to raise up the platform of fitness and competition and fair play," the first lady said.

Finally, having the Olympics in Chicago would be important to "let people know that we understand that sports saves lives, that it makes dreams come true, that it creates visions in kids’ heads to make them think they can be the next David Robinson, the next Barack Obama, the next Nadia Comaneci, the next Oprah Winfrey," Mrs. Obama said.

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

HEY BONNIE

WOW this is really a sacrifice

lets here it this is one for the good guys

in white hats lets all give them a cheer

but wait a minute here are they really

doing it for the children??????

dgrimm60

Just a correction,I said three planes for this sacrifice. It is 4 planes this required.

I wonder how Michelle Obama bears up under the sacrifice that is required of her.

Almost as insulting as claiming those on foodstamps could shop at a market that sells eggs for 5.00 a dozen. Somehow they could get twice as much

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

I kind of hope that Brazil gets the Olympics. They have never been in South America and the kids in Chicago are not any better than the kids in Brazil.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

I kind of hope that Brazil gets the Olympics. They have never been in South America and the kids in Chicago are not any better than the kids in Brazil.

I think that was a done deal before Obama made his announcement to go. He is hanging on to his political capital by his fingernails in many area's. He is not going to risk going with such fanfare and come home empty handed.

Hope that isn't the case and it goes elsewhere ,time will tell

Originally Posted By: Shane

I think that was a done deal before Obama made his announcement to go. He is hanging on to his political capital by his fingernails in many area's. He is not going to risk going with such fanfare and come home empty handed.

Hope that isn't the case and it goes elsewhere ,time will tell

So glad I was wrong. Chicago and Obama lost big time in the first round.

How foolish can this man be to place himself in this position of failure when he is hanging on by his fingernails on many issues.

Sending Michelle Obama in his place would not have been such a put down after groveling and apologizing across the globe for the US.

Heard a report on a poll on what concerns americans the most,it Was Corruption. Wonder why

Originally Posted By: bonnie

Hope that isn't the case and it goes elsewhere ' date='time will tell [/quote']

So glad I was wrong. Chicago and Obama lost big time in the first round.

How foolish can this man be to place himself in this position of failure when he is hanging on by his fingernails on many issues.

Sending Michelle Obama in his place would not have been such a put down after groveling and apologizing across the globe for the US.

Heard a report on a poll on what concerns americans the most,it Was Corruption. Wonder why

Could it be because of the ACORN thing? And the payoffs to unions and party favs things? Rescuing the big banking interests, while only small amounts of relief came to the little guy? That the Commercial Media Robots just won't expose corruption unless there's a "R" by the name?

Hmmmm....Think about it...in a "fair"(?) election, without ACORN being present to register the historically under-represented IOC voters...Obama lost. Imagine that. The world, telling its would-be leader and self-proclaimed Global Citizen to go take a hike.

Chicago didn't just lose the bidding war; it was sent home first of all the cities courting the Olympics. This was a PR disaster, that in spite of pitches from both Obamas, the IOC rewarded them with...so much egg on their faces.

I guess one can't go all around the world, repeatedly saying how bad the US is, then expect them to award you with something like hosting the Olympics...

I'm sure, it's STILL all Bush's fault...even though the world was supposed to stop hating us the moment Obama won...

Just waiting for ol' Carter to weigh in on this one, the same way he weighed in on Obama's opposition...

Rolling on

"As iron sharpens iron, so also does one man sharpen another" - Proverbs 27:17

"The offense of the cross is that the cross is a confession of human frailty and sin and of inability to do any good thing. To take the cross of Christ means to depend solely on Him for everything, and this is the abasement of all human pride. Men love to fancy themselves independent. But let the cross be preached, let it be made known that in man dwells no good thing and that all must be received as a gift, and straightway someone is offended." Ellet J. Waggoner, The Glad Tidings

"Courage is being scared to death - and saddling up anyway" - John Wayne

"The person who pays an ounce of principle for a pound of popularity gets badly cheated" - Ronald Reagan

Originally Posted By: bonnie

Could it be because of the ACORN thing? And the payoffs to unions and party favs things? Rescuing the big banking interests, while only small amounts of relief came to the little guy? That the Commercial Media Robots just won't expose corruption unless there's a "R" by the name?

Hmmmm....Think about it...in a "fair"(?) election, without ACORN being present to register the historically under-represented IOC voters...Obama lost. Imagine that. The world, telling its would-be leader and self-proclaimed Global Citizen to go take a hike.

Chicago didn't just lose the bidding war; it was sent home first of all the cities courting the Olympics. This was a PR disaster, that in spite of pitches from both Obamas, the IOC rewarded them with...so much egg on their faces.

I guess one can't go all around the world, repeatedly saying how bad the US is, then expect them to award you with something like hosting the Olympics...

I'm sure, it's STILL all Bush's fault...even though the world was supposed to stop hating us the moment Obama won...

Just waiting for ol' Carter to weigh in on this one, the same way he weighed in on Obama's opposition...

Rolling on

If I was a gambler I would bet by this evening or the latest tomorrow morning it will indeed be the fault of President Bush.

HEY BONNIE

YES I HEARD that Chicago lost

well just think of all those little children

the Mrs Obama sacrificed for

OH WELL LIVE DOES MOVE ON

dgrimm60

I have been thinking about the carbon footprints left by Obama and his wife. That certainly had to be a huge print. To say nothing of the money of ours he spent.

Wonder what it means when he says we all "need to sacrifice"

I think there are a lot of happy children in Brazil.

I am sure there are. Made possible without a sacrifice by Michelle Obama.

I am glad Chicago did not win

I am not sure. Maybe Brazil won because of the Obamas. I mean, some may have voted against Chicago because of Obama. Chicago may have done better if Obama had stayed out of it.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

I am not sure. Maybe Brazil won because of the Obamas. I mean, some may have voted against Chicago because of Obama. Chicago may have done better if Obama had stayed out of it.

To have the Olympics here would have been a security nightmare concerning a terrorist attack.

Obama needs to quit believing hype that he is the messiah.

The time,effort and money that went into this and he managed to carve out only 25 minutes of his important mission to speak to General asking for his help in Afghanistan.

Maybe he needs to remember the words that seemed so easy to say during his campaign and since. Now it seems winning isn't the objective. Fine,bring our men and women home instead of letting them die in pretty significent numbers while his main interest seems the Olympics.I wonder if Obama was getting ready to send a close family member to Afghanistan as many of us are,if he could make up his mind

Now there was a win that captured his interest.

I seriously doubt if anyone can drag Obama out of the limelight.

Both the speech by Obama and his wife were more about them than anything else

We had the Winter Olympics here in 2002 and Bush was able to keep us safe.

The operative word in your post is "Bush". We have no more threat,terrorist has been wiped out of there vocabulary.