ClubAdventist is back!

Mannah in the Desert of Today

TreeOfLife

Mannah in the Desert of Today

Sometimes I feel as though, when I am among my Adventist brethren and sisters in an Adventist forum, I am in a spiritual desert. How could that be?

:grouphug4:

When the Israelites were in the desert, after having left the Egyptian slavery, they were all together as brethren, as a church. Yet they were in the desert. Their faiths, their convictions, were wavering in spite of the very real and powerful workings of God among them. It seems as though their memories, or their focuses, were not as they should be, by and large. Perhaps, and I believe this was indeed their problem, they were part of the “movement” because that’s what everyone else among them was. Most of them did not have that one to one relationship with the Lord as did Moses and a few others among them.

grouphug

In consequence of things being what they were, almost all, but the youngest [and most teachable] ones among them, died in the desert without ever entering the Promised Land.

Our beloved Seventh-day Adventist pioneers were very much like Moses in that they were studying the Scriptures intensely in order to receive more light. Theirs was a reality of having a one to one relationship directly with the Lord of Hosts through the Holy Writ. Yes, even then, the pioneering Seventh-day Adventist leaders in verity had to contend with the majority around them, and among them, who had the tendency to stick with familiar teaching and thought. Yet, their faith, their conviction was strong, and they prevailed in the Lord, our Creator. They were real Israelites. Theirs was the characteristic being described by the word ‘Israel:’ They ‘were prevailing in the Almighty.’

candle

How many among us today are standing solidly upon the Scriptures alone, and not merely upon that which others among us are teaching us from the Scriptures? How many among us are too afraid to meet God face to face upon the mountain of Sinai, as were the Israelites that were relying upon Moses to be their leader? Consider these words of Moses:

Deuteronomy 5:5 KJV (I stood between the LORD and you at that time, to shew you the word of the LORD: for ye were afraid by reason of the fire, and went not up into the mount; )

Trivia Question #1

Let's see if we can have a little fun while learning like little children...

Allow me an attempt to copy Gail's admirable example re Bible trivia questions:

Question #1: In English we know the days of the week as Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. But what is the meaning of each of the names for the days of the week in the Hebrew language?

The answer is really very simple once realized. Who'll be first in this little game of learning God's language?

Shabbat Shalom,

Tree of Life ©

• Members

That's just great if you know Hebrew or have a Hebrew dictionary... :(

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

• Members

that site is confusing to me...I don't see where there's a dictionary

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

But You Do Know Hebrew!

- Even When You Didn't Think You Did!...

That's just great if you know Hebrew or have a Hebrew dictionary... :(

Thanks for bringing that up Rudywoofs! In this time of virtual anything, it is in effect true that you too know Hebrew... or almost so! Did you know that?

And how is that?

Why not download your own free copy of e-Sword with all its excellent Bible versions, Hebrew and Greek dictionaries, maps and much more? Then all you have to do is click on a word and…

"Aaaaah, that's the meaning of the Hebrew word corresponding to the word I just found in my own translation of the Bible!!!!!!"

Oooooh, such blessings!

Praise the Lord!

Shabbat Shalom,

Tree of Life ©

• Members

I can't download some things like e-Sword to my Mac.

First get a text on the screen by typing in a word, phrase or text. Then find the little button that says "Strong's" if the strong's #s are off, you can toggle them on and vise versa. When you get the numbers turned on you will see them beside the words of your texts. Click on a strong's number you want to check out.

• Members

nothing in Hebrew corresponds to Sunday - Saturday that I could find. This is just getting me frustrated.

• Members

just forget it - I can't deal with it. Thanks anyway.

Why not download your own free copy of e-Sword with all its excellent Bible versions, Hebrew and Greek dictionaries, maps and much more? Then all you have to do is click on a word and…

"Aaaaah, that's the meaning of the Hebrew word corresponding to the word I just found in my own translation of the Bible!!!!!!"

Oooooh, such blessings!

Praise the Lord!

I just downloaded e-sword the other night, and I really like it. I'm still learning how to use it properly. Did you know you can get EGW Scripture-Commentary for e-sword? Also her books. Here's the link:

http://sharpeningthesword.net/sharpening%20the%20sword%20e-sword%20files_005.htm

I don't know why you can't just supply the answer to the "trivia" question--since it's "so easy" to find. Why make other people go to the trouble?

Secular Weekday Name Hebrew "Name" Hebrew Meaning

Sunday Yom Reeshone First day

Monday Yom Shaynee Second day

Tuesday Yom Shlee´shee Third day

Wednesday Yom Revee´ee Fourth day

Thursday Yom Khah´mee´shee Fifth day

Friday Yom Ha´shee´shee Sixth day

Saturday Shabbat Rest

And, for what it's worth...some people simply cannot download the e-sword program to their computers. We have it installed and working on two of the six we own. Two are too old to handle the capacity, the other two are not Pentium based.

• Members

I have a MAC - system requirements don't meet with e-sword or the EGW Commentary for e-sword. I would need to have a PC, not a Mac.

Have fun using your PC...

Anyway...

The answer to the question is that the Hebrew words for the days of the week correspond to the number of the day of the week, with the exception of Shabbat which means "rest".

nothing in Hebrew corresponds to Sunday - Saturday that I could find...

Great Rudywoofs! That's an important part of the answer to recognize!

You may also have noticed that you won't find any of those English names for the days of the week in KJV and most other translations of the Bible either...

So what are the Hebrew names for those days of the week when translated into English?...

Selah! Consider it!

Tree of Life ©

Answer #1

I don't know why you can't just supply the answer to the "trivia" question--since it's "so easy" to find. Why make other people go to the trouble?

Secular Name - - Hebrew "Name" - - - - - Hebrew Meaning

Sunday - - - - - - Yom Reeshone - - - - - -First day

Monday - - - - - - Yom Shaynee - - - - - - Second day

Tuesday - - - - - -Yom Shlee´shee - - - - -Third day

Wednesday - - - - Yom Revee´ee - - - - - -Fourth day

Thursday - - - - - Yom Khah´mee´shee - - Fifth day

Friday - - - - - - - Yom Ha´shee´shee - - -Sixth day

Saturday - - - - - Shabbat - - - - - - - - - Rest [or ‘seven’ or ‘complete’]

[bracketed comment and dashes for spacing added/ Tree of Life ©]

Thanks Aubrey, you got us the correct answer – completing the important observations of Rudywoofs! That is, there are no other names in Hebrew for the days of the week than the numbers associated with each of those seven days!

Notice too, that even the Hebrew name Shabat, meaning ‘rest’ also is derived from, and closely related to, the Hebrew word meaning 'seven' or 'complete' (cf. Strong’s H7650 och H7659.) In other words, the word Sabbath in Hebrew also does mean the Seventh Day, as well as also the day that makes the seven day cycle “complete.”

Many thanks also to Richard Holbrook for providing me with those great links to 1) the Blue Letter Bible, and 2) the Ellen G. White Books for e-Sword!

This is exciting, my slow internet connection – coupled with my own slow work - makes my posting too slow to keep up with you all! That’s a great problem to have!

Thanks all!

Shabbat Shalom,

Tree of Life ©

Many thanks also to Richard Holbrook for providing me with those great links to 1) the Blue Letter Bible, and 2) the Ellen G. White Books for e-Sword!

You're welcome. I particularly like the EGW Bible Commentary. I find it very useful. Almost any scripture you're looking at, you can see what she had to say about it.

Trivia Question #2

This one is a follow up on the answer to Question #1…

Think carefully now! But, recognize that the answer is really obvious!

If someone speaking Hebrew says that he would do something on say the Third Day, what day would he be referencing?

A. The third day reckoning from the day he said it;

B. The Third Day of the week; or

C. The third day reckoning from any not specified event.

Consider it! Selah!

Shabbat Shalom – a special day for remembering things of great importance…

Tree of Life ©

• Members

Sunday-Yom Reeshone-First day

Monday-Yom Shaynee-Second day

Tuesday-Yom Shlee´shee-Third day

Wednesday-Yom Revee´ee-Fourth day

Thursday-Yom Khah´mee´shee-Fifth day

Friday-Yom Ha´shee´shee-Sixth day

Saturday-Shabbat-Rest

pk

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}