ClubAdventist is back!

Bible Match 'Em Quiz

Gail

• Administrators

Hey, folks!

Here is a new quiz game that looks like it could be some fun!

What you do is come up with an answer that satisfies all 3 clues. Easy!

rollingsmile

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gail

• phkrause

• rudywoofs (Pam)

• Liz

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

A. Moses' father-in-law

B. Moses' son by Zipporah

C. Aaron's father-in-law

BTW- No reference needed in this game :)

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• Administrators

Right on! I'm glad it's easy to understand!

A. Sister of Boaz

B. Sister-in-law of Ruth

C. Daughter of Naomi

• Members

ophrah, I think is the right spelling

pk

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Administrators

It's Orpah, not like the TV lady :)

Thanks, pk!

A. Another name for Esther

B. Queen of Persia

C. Mordecai's cousin

• Administrators

HEY DGRIMM,

HOW ABOUT NOPE? LOL

Vashti was the queen that refused to come and dance before her drunk husband and his friends at his feast.

Look at clue A. again... bwink

• Administrators

Good for you, dg! Hadassah is the one I was looking for :)

Here's a harder one-

A. Fervent preacher in the early church

B. Tentmaker who aded the apostles

C. Greek silversmith

• Administrators

Not this time. Remember, Paul was a Hebrew, not a Greek. He was a Pharisee before becoming a follower of Jesus.

Try again!

• Administrators

No... :)

• Members

Demetrius ?

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

My answer: Provided Demetrius of Acts 19:24 was Greek, my answer is: People whom Paul met and whom Luke mentions in Acts: A. Apollos; B. Aquila & Priscilla; C. Demetrius. If not: I can find no answer satisfying all of A, B, & C based on the KJV Bible alone.

Considerations: Apollos and Paul both fit options A and B. Demetrius may possibly fit B and C. Aquila and Priscilla fits B perfectly, and perhaps A as well (Rom 16:3-4; 1 Cor 16:19.)

Details:

A. Apollos was a "fervent" preacher in the early church who stayed with Aquila and Priscilla in Ephesus, who were tent makers and who had been housing Paul in Corinth "because he was of the same craft... tentmaker..." Why did they also take in Apollos, because of Paul or because Apollos also was perhaps a tentmaker? Apollos was a Jew born in Alexandria, Egypt who came to Ephesus and then passed into Achaia, Greece. But that doesn't make him either Greek nor siversmith, does it? Acts 18:18, 24-28; 19:1.

B. Paul, Aquila, Priscilla were tentmakers (Acts 18:2-3) and Paul aided the other apostles while also himself being reckoned as one of them. Aquila certainly aided the apostle Paul (Romans 16:3.) Demetrius aided John, the apostle - 3 John v. 12. Apollos certainly did aid the apostles - 1 Cor. 3:4-6; 16:12.

C. Demetrius was a silversmith in Ephesus, Turkey - Acts 19:24. The name Demetrius sounds Greek, but that is no guarantee that he was Greek, is it?

• Administrators

That's a better sounding Greek name, Pam. But it isn't the one I'm seeking.

Let me just check the book again, for make sure that it is not mistaken...

Yes, I am mistaken. But here is where the error is:

The answer fits only 1 of the clues, not all 3. So that will make it a bit harder for all of you.

Knowing that now, using any ONE of the clues I've given, guess a word that fits!

Here are the clues again:

A. Fervent preacher in the early church

B. Tentmaker who aided the apostles

C. Greek silversmith

Now Pam has already guessed Demetrius (clue 3), and that was not the one I was thinking of. Try another guess!

HINT- Use clue A.

• Administrators

LOL While I was making my post, TreeofLife came to my rescue.

Apollos is the correct answer! He was a fervent preacher in the early church.

Good detective work, ToL!

Here's the next question: (I'll get better at this, I promise!)

A. Killed Eglon, king of Moab

B. Followed Samson as judge of Israel

C. Commander of Jabin's army

Please only supply one guess instead of 3. That way the others can have a go if one person guesses incorrectly.

• Administrators

If this proves too difficult, then I will give out the answer and you can guess which clue matches with it. I would like to keep a fun and a comfort level for everyone :)

• Members

Ehud? (I don't like this game.) :( No where to look for answers to all the questions.

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

• Administrators

Close! Guess again!

• Administrators

Pam- you've got it!

Okay, if you are having a hard time, I'll tell you what. I'll give you the word, and you match it up with one of the three clues.

Want to keep the "fun" in fundamentals!

Next question:

Drusilla

A. Sister of Herod Agrippa II

B. Wife of Felix, governor of Judea

C. Wife of Pontius Pilate

Which one was she, A, B, or C?

• Members

B. Wife of Felix

• Administrators

Good, Pam! I think we have a formula that will work now!

Jehoiakim

A. King who fled from the Babylonians against Jeremiah's advice

B. King of Babylon

C. King who burned Jeremiah's scrolls

• Members

I don't know. I can't find the answer.

Did he burn Jeremiah's scrolls?

• Members

Paul

pk

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Administrators

Yes, you are both correct!

Jotham

A. Proclaimed himself king of Shechem

B. Only brother to escape Abimelech's wrath

C. Last judge of Israel

• Administrators

Paul

pk, your computer's playing Catch-up again! :)

• Members

I wish I kneew what that was, its crazy.

pk

phkrause