ClubAdventist is back!

Bible Match 'Em Quiz

Gail

• Administrators

I think this is one of those tricky questions that might dependon which version you are using.

When I wrote the question down I thought to myself that it was a trick question, but there is one of the answers that is the exact one.

If it helps at all I think that you will find the answer in Matthew 5 in the Beatitudes.

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gail

• phkrause

• rudywoofs (Pam)

• Liz

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

Correct!

Earthly ancestors:

A. Deborah

B. Hannah

C. Rahab

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

C

Rahab

For what will a man be profited, if he gains the whole world, and forfeits his soul? Mat. 16:26

Please, support the JDRF and help find a cure for Type 1 Diabetes. Please, support the March of Dimes.

• Members

Correct!

Earthly ancestors:

A. Deborah

B. Hannah

C. Rahab

C

phkrause

Obstinacy is a barrier to all improvement. - ChL 60

• Administrators

You are both correct! Good job!

Denounced what cities

A. Korazin and Bethsaida

B. Korazin and Capernaum

C. Korazin, Bethsaida, and Capernaum

• Administrators

Try again :)

C it was all three.

For what will a man be profited, if he gains the whole world, and forfeits his soul? Mat. 16:26

Please, support the JDRF and help find a cure for Type 1 Diabetes. Please, support the March of Dimes.

• Members

You are both correct! Good job!

Denounced what cities

A. Korazin and Bethsaida

B. Korazin and Capernaum

C. Korazin, Bethsaida, and Capernaum

Well than if its not A it has to be C because I know that A was two of the cities.

phkrause

• Administrators

C is it! Good deduction!

These all have to do with Jesus, too:

Triumphal entry:

A. Into Bethany

B. Into Jerusalem

C. Into Bethphage

• Members

C is it! Good deduction!

These all have to do with Jesus, too:

Triumphal entry:

A. Into Bethany

B. Into Jerusalem

C. Into Bethphage

B

phkrause

• Administrators

Yes!

Anointing of Jesus:

A. Done by Martha, Lazarus' sister

B. Done by pouring perfume on His head

C. Done at the home of Lazarus in Bethany

I'm gonna say B, but I thought it was his feet, by Mary, at Simon's house.

So I kind of have a problem with all of those answers, unless I have the story completely wrong.

• Administrators

Yes, the answer is B. I thought that she poured the oil on both his head and his feet...

Judas Iscariot's betrayal:

A. For forty pieces of silver

B. Financed by the chief priests

C. Arranged a week before the Last Supper

• Administrators

No takers for this one, eh?

The answer is B- Matt.26:14-16

Jesus' crucifixion:

A. Jesus' legs were broken by soldiers

B. Only water flowed from His pierced side

C. Occurred the day before Sabbath

C is my guess.

• Administrators

Got it! :)

Garden of Gethsemane:

A. All twelve disciples accompanied Jesus

B. All of the disciples came except Judas

C Jesus found the disciples sleeping three times

Well technically all the disciples, except for Judas, went with Him to the garden, but then He took Peter, James and John a little farther in, then left those three, and went a little farther still, to pray alone. Then three times He caught those three sleeping.

So the answer is B and C.

• Members

Got it! :)

Garden of Gethsemane:

A. All twelve disciples accompanied Jesus

B. All of the disciples came except Judas

C Jesus found the disciples sleeping three times

C

phkrause

• Administrators

Yep- C

Jesus' resurrection:

A. soldiers refused the money of the chief priests to say they moved his body

B. An angel told the women to meet Jesus in Galilee.

C. Jesus appeared first to His disciples

• Members

Yep- C

Jesus' resurrection:

A. soldiers refused the money of the chief priests to say they moved his body

B. An angel told the women to meet Jesus in Galilee.

C. Jesus appeared first to His disciples

This is a tricking one, because it seems each chose has something that is right. If I remember correctly the Angel told the women to tell the disciples that Jesus was alive? And as far as C is concerned, I believe Jesus first appeared to two people walking. Not sure now if they were disciples or not.:( A just doesn't sound right! But I'll go with A.

phkrause

• Administrators

Before I reference the answer sheet, I will venture to guess that Jesus first appeared to Mary at the tomb. That was when she thought He was the gardener and wanted to know where the body went.

The correct answer is B and the reference is Matthew 28:5-7. I'm not going to look it up but feel free to rebut if you find something different.

Next question:

The Lord's Supper:

A. Arranged by two disciples following a man with a jar of water

B. Not attended by Judas Iscariot

C. Not attended by Simon Peter

• Members

Before I reference the answer sheet, I will venture to guess that Jesus first appeared to Mary at the tomb. That was when she thought He was the gardener and wanted to know where the body went.

The correct answer is B and the reference is Matthew 28:5-7. I'm not going to look it up but feel free to rebut if you find something different.

Next question:

The Lord's Supper:

A. Arranged by two disciples following a man with a jar of water

B. Not attended by Judas Iscariot

C. Not attended by Simon Peter

I didn't recall that about the woman, oh well.

A, even though its sounds weird, hahaha

I would've said none of the above, but I'm guessing that that's not a chose you allow?

phkrause

• Administrators

pk, just for you I should throw you a trick question bwink

But, guess what? A is the correct answer. The man with a jar of water would be easily recognisable, as the women usually carried the jars of water. Jesus told the disciples to find that man. He did the same thing once with a donkey, remember? He told the disciples to find someone with a donkey and tell the person that the Lord was in need of it. Then He rode through the streets of Jerusalem and the people cried, Hosanna.

Clearing of the temple:

Al On the same day as the triumphal entry

B. On the same day as the Olivet Discourse

C. On the day after the triumphal entry