ClubAdventist is back!

How much of Scripture is inspired?

• Moderators

Accidentially doing something is not a sin.

If you tell the policeman that you did something by accident, or did it unintentionally, will he let you off? Will it be considered as not a violation of the law?

Check out the Bible on this. The Bible refers to unintentional sins, or sins of ignorance. They are viewed differently by God than deliberate sins due to rebellion. You can probably think of some examples in the Bible.

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• John317

• Woody

• oldsailor29

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Moderators

Quote:
Quote:jasd

Leaving aside that ruah/ruach denotes the feminine.

Was I punk'd? or did I just totally scrue-up my own post?

Following, is the correct post.

Re the HS is the "Queen of Heaven":

Leaving aside that ruah/ruach denotes the feminine,

isn’t it Mary, mother of Jesus Christ – who is purported to be Queen of Heaven?

I apologize for that screw up, jasd. That was my fault. I hit the wrong button and didn't realize it until it was too late.

Hey, this is a good example of an "unintentional sin" vs. a "deliberate, willful sin." A sin that you learn about after the fact. Sins can be like that. Crimes too. There's are some categories of manslaughter which is an unintentional crime where people's lives are taken without malice aforethought.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

>>Many words are feminine that are referring to males.<<

That may be so, however, Genesis 1:2 uses ruach as a feminine noun.

>>The fact that a Hebrew or Greek word is feminine does not mean that they have reference to females. For instance, the word for male children is in the feminine gender.<<

That is interesting, however, re ruach – though used to denote the masculine – it is done so rarely.

Originally Posted By: Redwood
Accidentially doing something is not a sin.

If you tell the policeman that you did something by accident, or did it unintentionally, will he let you off? Will it be considered as not a violation of the law?

Check out the Bible on this. The Bible refers to unintentional sins, or sins of ignorance. They are viewed differently by God than deliberate sins due to rebellion. You can probably think of some examples in the Bible.

ALL of my sins are on purpose. I don't let anyone dictate what I do. If I sin ... that is my choice. No one controls me but me.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

Originally Posted By: John317

If you tell the policeman that you did something by accident' date=' or did it unintentionally, will he let you off? Will it be considered as not a violation of the law?

Check out the Bible on this. The Bible refers to unintentional sins, or sins of ignorance. They are viewed differently by God than deliberate sins due to rebellion. You can probably think of some examples in the Bible. [/quote']

ALL of my sins are on purpose. I don't let anyone dictate what I do. If I sin ... that is my choice. No one controls me but me.

Sounds like you don't know who is in control. Somebody is.

And I take FULL responsibility.

I believe in Hematology.

Personally I think I ought to know what I do rather than you. I serve two masters ... it is clear to me. Do you know me better than I do?

I believe in Hematology.

That would be your interpretation. Not mine.

I believe in Hematology.

All that means is that I am guilty of not serving God as I should. Which I fully admit.

I believe in Hematology.

I know you think you are serving God and Satan, but that dosn't work. It's just a deception.

Yep. And I am guilty. Tell me something I don't know.

I believe in Hematology.

Like I said ... I am not serving God as I should. I am guility before the law. With the law ... it is ALL or nothing. And since I don't serve God as I should ... I am guility. Therefore ... according to the law ... I am not serving Him. No doubt. The law says I am guilty. I accept that.

I believe in Hematology.

• Moderators

>>Many words are feminine that are referring to males.<<

That may be so, however, Genesis 1:2 uses ruach as a feminine noun.

The word ruach is always feminine, whether it means "wind" or "spirit" or "cool breeze," or anything else the word may refer to. Sometimes it is used to refer to Satan and to evil angels. This fact clearly does not mean to imply that Satan or the evil angels are female. It doesn't change to masculine just because it is referring to a male. The word ruach simply does not occur in the masculine gender, and therefore the fact that it is feminine can't be used to distinguish between male and female. Context will determine that.

• Moderators

Jesus speaks of both a Kingdom of Heaven and a Kingdom of God. Are they the same, or are they different? I believe they are different in this regard; when you are becoming righteous (see Dan.12:10) you are in the Kingdom of Heaven. When you are sealed in Righteousness (as in the 144,000) you are now graduated into the Kingdom of God.

Compare Matt. 10: 7 and Luke 9: 2. Isn't the preaching of the kingdom of heaven here the same as preaching the kingdom of God.

What do you think of Matt. 3: 2 and Mark 1: 14?

Originally Posted By: Musicman1228

Jesus speaks of both a Kingdom of Heaven and a Kingdom of God. Are they the same, or are they different? I believe they are different in this regard; when you are becoming righteous (see Dan.12:10) you are in the Kingdom of Heaven. When you are sealed in Righteousness (as in the 144,000) you are now graduated into the Kingdom of God.

Compare Matt. 10: 7 and Luke 9: 2. Isn't the preaching of the kingdom of heaven here the same as preaching the kingdom of God.

What do you think of Matt. 3: 2 and Mark 1: 14?

It looks like they're used interchangably.

Mat 10:7 And as you go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand.

Luk 9:2 And he sent them to preach the kingdom of God, and to heal the sick.

Mat 3:2 And saying, Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.

And

Mar 1:15 And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent, and believe the gospel.

• Moderators

Like I said ... I am not serving God as I should.

Are you saying you fall short of God's plans or are you saying you purposely do not serve God as you know you should? We all fall short. Those are unintentional sins.

There's a difference between open rebellion and unintentional sins.

For instance, Joshua sinned but he wasn't in open rebellion and sinning high-handedly against God. That's why God made a difference between Joshua and the rest of the children of Israel, who God did not permit to enter the Promised Land. See Hebrews 3: 7 to 4:6.

Quote:
I am guility before the law. With the law ... it is ALL or nothing. And since I don't serve God as I should ... I am guility. Therefore ... according to the law ... I am not serving Him. No doubt. The law says I am guilty. I accept that.

Do you see a distinction between being guilty and being condemned?

Of ourselves, apart from Christ, all humanity is guilty before the law. But not all humanity is condemned. See Romans 8: 1-4.

Let's suppose a man claiming to be a believer in Christ keeps a kidnapped woman in his basement for the purpose of raping her every day. (This happens in real life. There was a case like this in California not too long ago where a man claiming to be a believer in God and Christ kept a girl for 18 years, raping her the whole time and fathering two children by her.)

Next, suppose you go up to the man's door and present him with the gospel and he tells you that he is already saved and is not condemned by the law because he is "in Christ." He recognizes his guilt but he privately believes that everything is OK because he thinks Christ's robe of righteousness covers him.

As he says this, he is planning on raping the girl after you leave his doorway.

He has been doing this for many years and he has no plan to stop. In fact, he has plans to make it harder for the police to find out about his rapes.

There can be no doubt that this man's is practicing willful, deliberate sins against God, and not unintentional sins. He has learned how to do it extremely well.

Question: Is the man merely guilty before the law or is he condemned by the law even though he once sincerely confessed belief in Christ? Is he right to think that Christ's righteousness covers his sins? Does the Bible give him good reason to believe that if he died that moment he would wake up in the resurrection of the righteous?

• Moderators

And what, no comment about what I pointed out about Jesus being acknowledged as the Son of God at His baptism by His Father, when Paul says He was 'declared' the Son of God at the resurrection? I am most interested in seeing how you parse this one.

Romans 1: 4 says that as a result of the resurrection, Jesus was proved or shown to be the Son of God. It's not denying that Jesus was the Son of God before or that the Father had acknowledged Jesus as His Son. It's simply saying that it wasn't until His resurrection that the world had proof that He was the Son of God.

Consider:

When was the Holy Spirit given? After His resurrection.

When was Christ given "all power"? After His resurrection.

Until when did Jesus say to keep silent about the Transfiguration? Until after His resurrection.

When did Thomas and the other disciples know Christ's identity for sure? After His resurrection.

How can we be certain that Jesus was the Son of God? Because of His resurrection.

Et Cetera.

Quote:
MUSICMAN-- I will give you my answers on all your questions when you answer mine re: Paul saying Jesus was declared the Son of God at the resurrection, when He was acknowledged by His Father as the Son of God at His baptism. This is the third time I have asked for your comments and the third time you have purposely evaded the issue.

OK, now that it's been answered,

can you answer "all [Richard's] questions" now? Please. :-)

Originally Posted By: Twilight

Thank you John, I have printed off the first one on the list and will have a read. :-)

Mark[/quote']

I knew the writer personally very well. "Vaughn Allen" was his middle name. Under his real name, he also wrote a biography of William Miller called, The Urgent Voice, originally published in 1975 by Review and Herald.

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/The-Urgent-Voice/Pastor-Robert-Gale/e/9781572584471

Some of his books have been used a lot in the prison ministry by prisoners who want to be free from Satan's influences and power.

God bless your reading, Mark.

Picture of "Vaughn Allen":

I have ordered the 2004 edition John317 :-)

The best wisdom is always second hand...

Originally Posted By: Twilight

But then the question is, are most Christians surrendered to the Holy Spirit?

I would say very few.

This is the danger and the problem.

Quote:
So, does that mean they can be possessed?

Yes, baptized Christians who fall away from Christ-- or intentionally persist in practicing sin-- can be possessed by demons.

I would also include another group John.

There are those that can be possessed by deceipt as well as sin.

Consider our Pentecostal brothers.

They have received the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Yet they are also heavily under the influence of evil spirits masquerading as the Holy Spirit.

Many are not aware of this.

Consider the Corinthians.

They had the Holy Spirit, yet they were still carnal and led by demons.

Your thoughts?

Mark

Originally Posted By: John317

If you tell the policeman that you did something by accident' date=' or did it unintentionally, will he let you off? Will it be considered as not a violation of the law?

Check out the Bible on this. The Bible refers to unintentional sins, or sins of ignorance. They are viewed differently by God than deliberate sins due to rebellion. You can probably think of some examples in the Bible. [/quote']

Satan can only control us if we give him our will.

When we sin, we are giving him our will.

When we hold onto sin, we are giving him our will.

So once we do sin, we are no longer in control.

It is only by confession and repentance and reliance on the merits of Christ that we can be restored out of that power.

Your thoughts?

Mark

I sin. I sin willfully and in public. It is MY choice. I have all the resources of Heaven to stop sin. But I choose sin.

I also choose the merits of Jesus so that it is HIS merits by which I am judged. Not my own.

I believe in Hematology.

There you go again thinking you can have both. It can't be done. When you choose to keep sinning, you choose to be under the control of Satan, not the merits of Christ.