ClubAdventist is back!

What words or phrases irritate you the most?

olger

• Moderators

Here's another one that's irritating to me. Someone punctuating his/her sentences with, "Understand?" or "Do you understand?" as though I'm a child or a moron.

• Members

If the shoe fits Gerry. :):):):):) hahahahaha

Just kidding, have a great Sabbath.

pk

phkrause

Obstinacy is a barrier to all improvement. - ChL 60

Smart kids saying "What ever!" or holding their hand out with the palm facing me and saying, "Talk to the hand." Also, referring to another person as "being full of her (or him) self!"

A lot of the phrases are home grown after being seen on the TV and picked up. For example, the old commerical for V8...It sure don't taste like tomato juice.

Then I have an older friend that will sigh and say "Oh well." There is also the shrugging of the shoulders to go with that.

Thing is, when I am not around those folks, I miss it and them even more.praise

Then I have some friends that smile, nod and act like they are ready for the next thing. adoh

Wakan Tanka Kici Un

~~Child of Christ~~

If the shoe fits Gerry. :):):):):) hahahahaha

Just kidding, have a great Sabbath.

pk

One thing I really hate is when someone says something hurtful, then says "just kidding" and expects you to laugh it off with them. That is just plain vicious, and I don't believe it one bit when they claim to be joking.

Catherine

God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:26.

"To be a Christian means to forgive the inexcusable, because God has forgiven the inexcusable in you." -- C. S. Lewis

GLG ... with this method of communicating (the internet) it is a risk to use humor. I agree. And there are various methods of determining if someone is using humor or attacking someone. One is previous experience. I use this to a great degree. There are some here who consistantly put down others and when they use humor ... I perceive it to be an attack. But in this case ... I have not witnessed nor perceived pk to ever intend to attack someone else.

Again ... the perceptions will vary greatly. I am just sharing mine. And I choose to give pk some slack.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

• Members

Thank you Redwood, I appreciate that very much. But you know that people believe what they want to anyway.

pk

phkrause

GLG ... with this method of communicating (the internet) it is a risk to use humor. I agree. And there are various methods of determining if someone is using humor or attacking someone. One is previous experience. I use this to a great degree. There are some here who consistantly put down others and when they use humor ... I perceive it to be an attack. But in this case ... I have not witnessed nor perceived pk to ever intend to attack someone else.

Again ... the perceptions will vary greatly. I am just sharing mine. And I choose to give pk some slack.

I was not thinking of the forum at all when I posted that. I have been on the receiving end of that kind of comment in the past. PK's post brought back the memories, which is why I quoted it. Of course, a negative reaction to such a person only brings an accusation that you have no sense of humor, and other further put-downs.

Catherine

"To be a Christian means to forgive the inexcusable, because God has forgiven the inexcusable in you." -- C. S. Lewis

PK, what you said wasn't hurtful in any way, shape, or form, so I didn't think you would think I meant YOU.

Catherine

• Members

Thanks for that, I really wasn't sure how you meant it, so I was just going to leave it that way. But Redwood did me a solid thing by what he said. But I also appreciate what you have said. And even though we might say out loud that it doesn't bother us, inside it does a little others wise I'd be lying. So thanks again for your comment GLG in your post.

pk

phkrause

Okay .... don't shoot me. Let me explain this one. But I hate the phrase:

"I believe the Bible should be our guide in all things."

Because when it is used here on this forum ... it IMPLIES that some here don't believe that. It is obvious. But what is more important is how one interprets what the Bible says. For that is the bottom line and what we use as our guide.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

• Members

Good one Redwood, I tend to agree with you. Its just like taking EGW out of context for some.

pk

phkrause