ClubAdventist is back!

What will be the next color after people get bored with being "green"

olger

...and there is no other appropriate word but 'lie' for the claim that 'we have not seen warming in the past decade'.

I've linked this video before, but it makes the point very clearly. http://www.bravus.com/blog/?p=1289

But if you don't want to watch the video, just look at the actual data.

The *only* way you get that claim is by cherry-picking 1998 and 2008. Since we're near the end of 2009, you should start in 1999 to make claims about 'the past decade' (if you're going to cherry-pick points rather than use a line of best fit as as best practice in science)... and if you do what you see is significant warming.

No matter what color we are, the truth will always be important.

There are numerous "highly educated" people,maybe even exceeding your education that say the exact opposite .......

.and there is no other appropriate word but 'lie' for the claim that 'we have seen warming in the past decade'.

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bravus

• olger

• bonnie

• Moderators

Name some. There are plenty of highly educated people who do not believe that the warming we are seeing is human-caused, but I don't know of *any* who claim we are not seeing warming.

Truth is important

Name some. There are plenty of highly educated people who do not believe that the warming we are seeing is human-caused, but I don't know of *any* who claim we are not seeing warming.

Yes you are partially right, I did not clarify. Many do not believe that humans are responsible for global warming or climate change.

But in recent weeks there are many articles on the lack of warming the past decade.

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

When those that are "highly educated" try to convince me that

that a warming cycle produced the rush of seawater they have neglected to explain what caused this warming cycle that caused something like this.

The scientists that believe this have no credibility in their hype of global warming at present.

I really don't care where you come down on something like the flood. For me I can't cherry pick which biblical account I believe.

The article by these "learned men" go directly against the word of God. That makes them wrong.

Debunking Corner – Noah’s Flood

From National Geographic;

“Noah’s Flood” Not Rooted in Reality, After All?

The ancient flood that some scientists think gave rise to the Noah story may not have been quite so biblical in proportion, a new study says.

Researchers generally agree that, during a warming period about 9,400 years ago, an onrush of seawater from the Mediterranean spurred a connection with the Black Sea, then a largely freshwater lake. That flood turned the lake into a rapidly rising sea. (See a map of the region.)

A previous theory said the Black Sea rose up to 195 feet (60 meters), possibly burying villages and spawning the tale of Noah’s flood and other inundation folklore.

...and there is no other appropriate word but 'lie' for the claim that 'we have not seen warming in the past decade'.

I've linked this video before, but it makes the point very clearly. http://www.bravus.com/blog/?p=1289

But if you don't want to watch the video, just look at the actual data.

The *only* way you get that claim is by cherry-picking 1998 and 2008. Since we're near the end of 2009, you should start in 1999 to make claims about 'the past decade' (if you're going to cherry-pick points rather than use a line of best fit as as best practice in science)... and if you do what you see is significant warming.

No matter what color we are, the truth will always be important.

a FRIEND of mine says that you are observably errant in your "warming" asservations.

I believe the Dr. is right.

regards,

g

"Please don't feed the drama queens.."

• Moderators

http://www.salon.com/tech/htww/2009/10/16/no_more_faith_in_global_warming/

Quote:
Certainly we are hearing a lot of blather telling us that global warming cannot be happening because temperatures have decreased over the last decade. This is because, by some measures, the hottest year in the historical record happened way back in 1998.

Let's outsource this one to the Union of Concerned Scientists (italics mine):

Quote:
This is an indefensible way of looking at the Earth's temperature record. Warming is a long-term trend and temperatures continue to increase over time, though they do fluctuate year-to-year. Counting only a few years in the global temperature record is akin to trying to determine who is winning a baseball game by only counting runs scored in the 7th and 8th innings. It ignores the broader, longer-term picture. In reality, the eight warmest years on record for the globe have all occurred since 1998, and the 14 warmest years in the record have all occurred since 1990. Global mean temperatures every year this century (to the end of 2007) were all above the average of the 20th century.

And for what it's worth, Joseph Romm reports that the latest data from the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration indicates that September 2009 was the second hottest September... on record.

Truth is important

Climate change is a normal part of our planet's cycle... every 1,000 years or so, this type of thing happens. The Global Warming propaganda is just that - propaganda. Another way for the government to be able to control the actions of its citizens in the guise of it being in their best interest. Our freedoms will be compromised and people are so gullible it is beyond belief.

And there are so many posts as to why this board changed and is no longer fun...With all the evidence of global changes that has been presented, none are so blind as those who will not ponder the evidence and give rational reasoning contrary....

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

Climate change is a normal part of our planet's cycle... every 1,000 years or so, this type of thing happens. The Global Warming propaganda is just that - propaganda. Another way for the government to be able to control the actions of its citizens in the guise of it being in their best interest. Our freedoms will be compromised and people are so gullible it is beyond belief.

Excellent. Well said. And welcome to Club Adventist.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

• Moderators

Dare I ask for the actual evidence for this 1000-year warming cycle? First I've heard of it.

Truth is important

Since when did you become concerned about evidence ... :)

You are a greenie aren't you?

I believe in Hematology.

Most people become concerned about evidence once they stop watching Fox News and stop being swamped by conservative propaganda.

Not sure about Bravus' epiphany, though.

Graeme

Graeme

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

• Moderators

{Simply Red}If you don't know me by now/You will never ever ever know me...{/Simply Red}

Truth is important

Maybe the next color should be WHITE, since what we really want is more ice and glaciers. That means WHITE not Green. Since Green is my favorite color I am happy to stay green.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

Maybe the next color should be WHITE, since what we really want is more ice and glaciers. That means WHITE not Green. Since Green is my favorite color I am happy to stay green.

I take you don't like the new paint job then.

If we are limited to one slice of TP per uhh...."event"... the new color could become brown.

Just sayin,

og

"Please don't feed the drama queens.."

• Moderators
bdunno Why do you see the need to provide evidence to support your opinions Bravus? That's just weird!

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

bdunno Why do you see the need to provide evidence to support your opinions Bravus? That's just weird!

Agreed. Since when did the greenies need other's opinions to verify their's?

I believe in Hematology.