ClubAdventist is back!

Baseball Playoffs

Woody

• Members

Phillies 2

Yankees 0 and coming up to bat in the bottom of the 7th, but first God bless america

pk

phkrause

Obstinacy is a barrier to all improvement. - ChL 60

• Replies 805
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• phkrause

• Woody

• John317

• Moderators

HEY JOHN317

SO I guess you are not for the YANKEES

Something like. :-)

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

• Moderators

HEY JOHN317

WELL COME ABOARD so who are you for since

both LA teams our out

My favorite team has always been the Dodgers. The Angles and Cubs are my second and third favorites, in that order. After that come the Phillies. I like Boston and Detroit too for some reason.

In the World Series, for me it always comes down to the National League team.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

• Members

End of 7

Phillies Lead 2-0

and coming up to bat in the top half of the 8th

pk

phkrause

• Moderators

No, it isn't; in fact, it is looking downright gloomy for 'em. I hope the Yankees don't get a single run. I want a shut-out. Well, Ok, I'll be generous and let 'em have one run, but that's it.

• Members

Yea but its looking good for Cliff Lee, and me not only being a Yankee fan, but most importantly I'm a baseball fan, and to see a pitcher pitch a great game is great for baseball. Not that I'm rooting for the Phillies but I'm rooting for Cliff Lee now, but not baring out a comeback by the Yankees. The difference between me and most baseball fans is that I am just as thrilled with a good performance by an opposing pitcher or a great game by the opposing team, as I am with my team winning.

pk

phkrause

• Members

Well where down to the bottom of the ninth and the Yankees behind 5-0. And Cliff Lee will still be in the game, so it doesn't bode well for the Yankees as he is really on his game.

pk

phkrause

• Members

It looks like the Yankees are trying to come back, we'll see. Well as I'm writing this the phillies just screwed up Lee's beautiful pitching. He also looks [censored] when they threw the ball to him.

pk

phkrause

:mj::mj::mj:announceannounceannounceexcitedexcitedexcitedcool2cool2cool2hifivehifivehifivebonanabonanabonanaappleappleapple pals

Yipppee Yipppee Yipppee

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

• Members

Well game over, beautiful pitching performance by Cliff Lee.

Phillies lead series 1 game to none

pk

phkrause

• Moderators

I said I'd give the Yanks one run, and that's all they got. lol

The game I saw ended 6 to 1.

HEY PKRAUSE

PHILLIES 6 RUNS 9 HITS

YANKEES 0 RUNS 6 HITS

dgrimm60

rollingsmile

I believe in Hematology.

What a prophet.

I believe in Hematology.

• Moderators

Originally Posted By: John317

What a prophet.

Naw-- takes more than that to be a prophet. And besides, God isn't interested in who wins a baseball game.

Originally Posted By: Redwood

What a prophet.[/quote']

Naw-- takes more than that to be a prophet. And besides, God isn't interested in who wins a baseball game.

Well ... All I know is that there were a lot of prayers answered tonight. I wouldn't want to inform THEM that God doesn't care.

I believe in Hematology.

• Moderators

Well ... All I know is that there were a lot of prayers answered tonight. I wouldn't want to inform THEM that God doesn't care.

I know but it's kind of like a lot of people praying for rain and others praying for blue skies. In this case, you can bet that God saw a lot of prayers for the Yankees to win.

• Moderators

Well game over, beautiful pitching performance by Cliff Lee.

Phillies lead series 1 game to none

pk

Sorry, PK, but I hope they lose 4 straight! Steinbrenner ruined baseball IMHO, with his extravagance. With the Yankee's financial resources, the small market teams just can't compete anymore.

Didn't watch the game until the 8th inning.

• Members

Well than what do you tell those that prayed for the other team Redwood? They obviously thought that God doesn't care. For me I don't pray that the Yankees win and the other teams loose. Like John says God doesn't care which team wins, but I believe he cares on how the game was played, to the best of each ones abilities I'd say. :)

phkrause

Well than what do you tell those that prayed for the other team Redwood? They obviously thought that God doesn't care. For me I don't pray that the Yankees win and the other teams loose. Like John says God doesn't care which team wins, but I believe he cares on how the game was played, to the best of each ones abilities I'd say. :)

I suppose God has to ration his yes answers. So this time the Yankees prayers fell on deaf ears. Next time it could be the Phillies turn.

I believe in Hematology.

• Moderators

Exactly. And he cares about people's attitudes. I do believe that He's the one who gives all the players health and keeps their hearts beating, etc. But I don't think he makes things happen a certain way so that a certain ball club wins. I think He allows them to decide who wins by their natural talents and by their determination and desire to win. I find it easier to believe God answers the prayers of players (although not about who wins) than that He answers the prayers of fans as to who wins. Of course when we get to heaven we could be surprised to find out that we're wrong.