ClubAdventist is back!

Who are the 144,000?

CGMedley

• Administrators

Just read it yourself. It isn't that long. You can read it in 5-10 minutes easily.

It would take someone else longer than that to compose and post a summary, after taking the time to read it themselves.

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

• Members

I must have missed something Tom, I see that you replied to Sky, but I didn't see a post for him! I was going to tell him to check out what David Asscherick had to say on the topic.

pk

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

The Sky has fallen. I can no longer see it.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

• Administrators

Yeah, he just asked if someone else would read it for him and summarize it, because he didn't have time to read it himself. reyes

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

Yeah, he just asked if someone else would read it for him and summarize it, because he didn't have time to read it himself. reyes

Amazing. Has ANYone noticed how long his posts are? Are we expected to actually read HIS posts?

I believe in Hematology.

• Administrators
biglaugh Yes, I almost pointed out that the article was shorter than some of his posts.

• Members

So I'm guessing he deleted his post?

pk

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys

After a very long absence I decide to start writing again, this because I have been writing some on another forum, but it got a bit too much for me, in fact it did not even seem like an Adventist thread after all, its called who is dr. Walter Veith and is he kosher

Perhaps you guys have seen it? Heard of it?

Anyway having had a look at the this thread I still could not get the message as to who are the 144,000, did you?

All I got was:

Quote:
The 144,000 have an organic connection with the remnant of chapter 12. Their devotion to Christ is reminiscent of the fact that they bear the characteristics of the remnant in keeping God’s commandments and the faith of Jesus (Rev. 12:17). They worship Christ totally and completely. Revelation 12:11 says they overcame the dragon “because of the blood of the Lamb and because of the word of their testimony.” Every end-time believer can be part of this number.

Frankly I was expecting a little more , this is a subject that I necver really got a satisfactory answer for.

I believe that Ellen White tells us to not really be concerned with this topic.

I believe in Hematology.

• Members

I agree with you Fausto. I've always took the number as being more symbolic than and actual exact number "144,000". I think it just represents the 12 tribes of Israel, and nothing more or less. But that's only my opinion. So far nothing else has struck me as a better alternative.

pk

ps: And good to see you back Fausto

phkrause

I can agree with Redwood. I guess if the SOP does not enlighten us on this and the bible itself does not interpret it further, we'll either find out later on, or maybe only in heaven!

Either way its not really that crucial to keep us striving to obtain the beatitudes and in the process get sanctified daily and become better Christians! bwink

pk - Thanks for the welcome back, hope to hang around much longer this time! :mj:

• 1 month later...

I should like to be one of the 144000; therefore, that settles it. There are now only 143,999 spots left. Who will be next?

"People [rarely] see...the bright light which is in the clouds..." (Job 37:21)

"I cannot know why suddenly the storm

should rage so fiercely round me in it's wrath

But this I know: God watches all my path

And I can trust"

"God helps us to draw strength from the storm" - Overaged

Faith makes things possible; it does not make them easy, Steps To Christ

I should like to be one of the 144000; therefore, that settles it. There are now only 143,999 spots left. Who will be next?

144,000=the great unnumbered multitude coming out of the great tribulation. John's experience there follows an established pattern of hearing, then turning to see. John heard about the 144,000, then he turned and saw the great multitude.

Prs God, frm whm blssngs flw

http://www.zoelifestyle.com/jmccall

Revelation 3:4 'But you have a few people in Sardis who have not soiled their garments ; and they will walk with Me in white, for they are worthy

If you really want to know about the 144,000, we must first understand that it is not a symbolic number, there is no such thing, there are numbers that have a certain context, such as seven, ten, and twelve, but God has never used one number to represent another number.

Revelation 3:10 'Because you have kept the word of My perseverance, I also will keep you from the hour of testing, that hour which is about to come upon the whole world, to test those who dwell on the earth. 11 'I am coming quickly ; hold fast what you have, so that no one will take your crown. 12 'He who overcomes, I will make him a pillar in the temple of My God, and he will not go out from it anymore ; and I will write on him the name of My God, and the name of the city of My God, the new Jerusalem, which comes down out of heaven from My God, and My new name.

The message to Philadelphia is a message to the 144,000. The information here tells us that this group is sealed before the time of testing starts, this testing of the whole world is the time of the seven trumpets. The numberless multitude, we are told in Revelation 7, comes out of the great tribulation. They, the numberless multitude, did not worship the beast or his image and did not receive his mark. Since the 144,000 are sealed before this time it is not a test for them. The promise to those of Philadelphia is the names written on their foreheads, this is the seal of God. In revelation 14 we see the 144,000 depected with the Lamb and they have the Names on their forehead.

Revelation 14:1 Then I looked, and behold, the Lamb was standing on Mount Zion, and with Him one hundred and forty-four thousand, having His name and the name of His Father written on their foreheads.

In the endtime, the 144, 000 would be comparable to the tribe of Levi, they are the priests, that is why in the message to Philadelphia, they are made pilliars in the temple of God.

I have more to say on this subject if anyone wants to go there.

• Members

Revelation 3:4 'But you have a few people in Sardis who have not soiled their garments ; and they will walk with Me in white, for they are worthy

If you really want to know about the 144,000, we must first understand that it is not a symbolic number, there is no such thing, there are numbers that have a certain context, such as seven, ten, and twelve, but God has never used one number to represent another number.

Revelation 3:10 'Because you have kept the word of My perseverance, I also will keep you from the hour of testing, that hour which is about to come upon the whole world, to test those who dwell on the earth. 11 'I am coming quickly ; hold fast what you have, so that no one will take your crown. 12 'He who overcomes, I will make him a pillar in the temple of My God, and he will not go out from it anymore ; and I will write on him the name of My God, and the name of the city of My God, the new Jerusalem, which comes down out of heaven from My God, and My new name.

The message to Philadelphia is a message to the 144,000. The information here tells us that this group is sealed before the time of testing starts, this testing of the whole world is the time of the seven trumpets. The numberless multitude, we are told in Revelation 7, comes out of the great tribulation. They, the numberless multitude, did not worship the beast or his image and did not receive his mark. Since the 144,000 are sealed before this time it is not a test for them. The promise to those of Philadelphia is the names written on their foreheads, this is the seal of God. In revelation 14 we see the 144,000 depected with the Lamb and they have the Names on their forehead.

Revelation 14:1 Then I looked, and behold, the Lamb was standing on Mount Zion, and with Him one hundred and forty-four thousand, having His name and the name of His Father written on their foreheads.

In the endtime, the 144, 000 would be comparable to the tribe of Levi, they are the priests, that is why in the message to Philadelphia, they are made pilliars in the temple of God.

I have more to say on this subject if anyone wants to go there.

I agree with most of what you've mentioned here. For me, I do believe that the 144,000 is a symbolic number. I think its jsut a round number in a sense. Because I don't think in the Bible they would use some arbitary (sp) number like lets say 137,811. I think this number just represents those that are left at the end, that come out of the great tribulation that will come upon the earth at the end. Just a thought.

pk

phkrause

And a good one pk ...

I believe in Hematology.

I don't think it matters too much whether it's literal or symbolic. It's not like we have to buy tickets or anything... :\

"Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much." - Oscar Wilde

�Do to others whatever you would like them to do to you. This is the essence of all that is taught in the law and the prophets." - Jesus