ClubAdventist is back!

Killer of 12 Soldiers Identified As Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan

John317

One has to try and understand what his religious beliefs were to him. In his mind, America was at war is Muslims. He was treating soldiers that were traumatized by killing Muslims.

An enlisted soldier must serve his or her entire enlistment until the end when they are discharged or re-enlist. An officer is commissioned and serves until they resign their commission. They can resign their commission at the end of their obligation or earlier if accepted by their higher command. This guy tried to resign his commission due to his religious beliefs and agreed to pay for his education. They not only refused to accept his resignation, they re-assigned him to a war zone in a Muslim nation.

Like I said earlier, the guy was a ticking time bomb and instead of getting rid of him, the Army set him off.

As far as it seems he held these same religious beliefs when he joined.He had them thru his education while it was being paid for by the taxpayer and held them I would assume till the day he decided to shoot up the base .

This was not something that was sprung on him. Don't have to be an Einstein to have a clue where you might end up while taking this free education.

My nephew is career Marine.Joined right out of high school. He knew what he was signing and understood his life would not be his own,nor would he be free to make decisions where he would be deployed.

He never said but I belief the two deployments to Iraq during the heaviest fighting might have had him wishing to be anywhere but where he was

Nor do I think the whole story is out there.

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bonnie

• Dr. Shane

• phkrause

• John317

Top Posters In This Topic

My point was that there is no evidence at all that this guy killed for his religion. None. It's all assumption and supposition.

I think shouting out "Allahu Akbar" while shooting his victims is a pretty big piece of evidence but not the only piece.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

How much evidence does one need?

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

My point was that there is no evidence at all that this guy killed for his religion. None. It's all assumption and supposition.

No evidence eh?

1) Handed out a Koran (or more) that morning to a neighbor(s).

2) Shouted Allah akbar while firing. (That is the prevailing Islam kamikaze battlecry). You should know this to be true.

this is olger signing off

"Please don't feed the drama queens.."

• Members

#1-Everyone has a right to pass out material of there religion

#2-Is no different than Christians killing in the name of there God during the crusades

But I do agree with you Olger that the evidence looks like a act of terror.

pk

phkrause

Obstinacy is a barrier to all improvement. - ChL 60

Lieberman Suggests Army Shooter Was 'Home-Grown Terrorist'

Quote:
A senior U.S. senator on Sunday said the shootings at Fort Hood could have been a terrorist attack, and that he would launch a congressional investigation into whether the U.S. military could have prevented it.

Sen. Joe Lieberman, an independent from Connecticut who heads the Senate's Homeland Security and Government Affairs Committee, said initial evidence suggested that the alleged shooter, Army Major Nidal Hasan, was a "self-radicalized, home-grown terrorist" who had turned to Islamic extremism while under personal stress.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity