ClubAdventist is back!

Health care Bill passes house

Originally Posted By: bonnie

The rich and well to do,middle income can still have a charge card if they choose.Whatever will the poor ignorant victims do then?

The rich and well-to-do middle class will pay annual fees for their credit cards and interest from date-of-purchase. The survivors of credit cards will get debit cards backed-up with an emergency fund. No more fees. No more interest. No more being victimized.

Thank you President Obama. God Bless you President Obama and may God bless your wife, children and extended family.

That is the problem with your love affair for victims or making victims no matter what.

If the survivors are smart enough instead of being poor,ignorant and gullible they would not need a law that would penalize others to cover for their ignorance.

If they were this intelligent......

The survivors of credit cards will get debit cards backed-up with an emergency fund. No more fees. No more interest. No more being victimized.

With the obvious intelligence you are crediting them with,they are not ignorant and gullible. They simply want others to pay their way.

They can take heart tho,their situation will not rise, but they will have more company

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

You need to become an employer instead of a employee,run the risk,work the hours,and pay the expenses.

I have worked in every level of management of building construction. I fully understand the process. I have been an office manager which involved doing payroll and withholding all the payroll taxes, managing accounts payable and receivables, etc. I have been an estimator, project manager, safety officer, project superintendent and marketing director. While working as an office manager I went through one IRS audit.

There is a reason I have not started my own business. A business isn't a job, it is a marriage. I choose to be married to my wife rather than my job. I admire small business owners. After my kids move out of the house I may or may not become one. They are the engine that makes our economy move. However a person has to set priorities and decide what is more important to them. Right now, that happens to be spending time with the wife and kids and doing volunteer work with the church.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

If the survivors were smart enough instead of being poor,ignorant and gullible they would not need a law that would penalize others to cover for their ignorance.

If the moon was made out of cheese we could solve world hunger.

Just because someone is gullible or ignorant doesn't give other people that are wiser and more experienced the right to take advantage of them. Thus the government is needed to step in. The wiser and more experienced have proved that without government intervention they will take advantage of the gullible and ignorant.

Quote:

He is saving that for his second term. We can't expect him to do everything at once.

Good thinking,we will have wasted billions more by the time he gets around to it.

He has enough czars and there are already agencies to do that.It is not a priority as that does not give him any power and control.

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

You need to become an employer instead of a employee,run the risk,work the hours,and pay the expenses.

I have worked in every level of management of building construction. I fully understand the process. I have been an office manager which involved doing payroll and withholding all the payroll taxes, managing accounts payable and receivables, etc. I have been an estimator, project manager, safety officer, project superintendent and marketing director. While working as an office manager I went through one IRS audit.

There is a reason I have not started my own business. A business isn't a job, it is a marriage. I choose to be married to my wife rather than my job. I admire small business owners. After my kids move out of the house I may or may not become one. They are the engine that makes our economy move. However a person has to set priorities and decide what is more important to them. Right now, that happens to be spending time with the wife and kids and doing volunteer work with the church.

The money going out was not yours,the profit was not yours.

Big difference

Quote:

If the moon was made out of cheese we could solve world hunger.

Just because someone is gullible or ignorant doesn't give other people that are wiser and more experienced the right to take advantage of them. Thus the government is needed to step in. The wiser and more experienced have proved that without government intervention they will take advantage of the gullible and ignorant.

The truly ignorant no. It does seem that you set yourself a tad above the "ignorant and gullible" and feel very righteous.

You either have parasites on society or you have the ignorant/gullible.

Those that are ignorant don't suddenly get a hike in IQ and go down this path..

The survivors of credit cards will get debit cards backed-up with an emergency fund. No more fees. No more interest. No more being victimized.

There is nothing stopping them from doing that now,but the very effective pity party that has been perfected to a art

Quote:

Of course,here comes the "I am glad Lord I am not like other men"

No,I don't think you do admire small business owners. Personally I believe you are somewhat envious.

There are those that choose to do both. And do so quite well.

Big difference

Actually, I have been in profit sharing programs that are tied directly to my projects. So the more my projects made, the more I made. The company I am currently working for does not do that however my base salary is larger than previous companies paid me including my profit-sharing bonuses.

No,I don't think you do admire small business owners. Personally I believe you are somewhat envious.

Believe it or not, there are some people that do not aspire to be their own boss. I do admire them though. I have only worked for one man that I didn't admire. Small business men and women are society's unsung heroes. I am perfectly content to make someone else money. I have passed up a number of opportunity to go into business for myself. I think I am more interested in going into teaching in my 50s more than starting a business but whatever God has planned for me I will do.

Big difference

Actually, I have been in profit sharing programs that are tied directly to my projects. So the more my projects made, the more I made. The company I am currently working for does not do that however my base salary is larger than previous companies paid me including my profit-sharing bonuses.

That means what? Who put the money up for your projects? Whose profits supplied the money for your projects,benefits,taxes,liability insurance and salaries of all the employee's involved,plus their personal business tax burden for the "privilege" of being that nasty rich employer? If there are layoffs is it your profits that foot the bill?

Does your profits take care of equipment and any and all supplies needed?

Those not quite as committed to marriage and family as you claim to be are the ones footing all final responsibility and all financial obligations.

Your obligation begins and ends with your workday

You should be working for a more moral,christian company.

I was watching them live, congratulate themselves last night. When one of them mentioned that it was a bipartisan bill, the rest of them broke out in laughter. Apparently the press corps was laughing too.

It doesn't sound like too bad of a bill to me. I think most of the objectionable features will be removed in the Senate where it faces much more opposition.

I do like the elimination of lifetime limits on health care in this bill. I also like the elimination of precondition to denying health care coverage.

But on the other hand expect health care rates to soar if limits are removed. That would increase liability and therefore premiums would go up.

riverside.gif Riverside CA

A lot of political capital was spent there. Those numbers tell us quite a few Democrats voted against it.

Problem with this going to the senate is this. They need 60 votes to stop debate. Republicans have 40 votes plus Senator Liberman an independant who says he will not vote for a bill with a public option.

Then there is a senator who took Obamas seat who says he will not vote for a bill that does not have the public option.

There is going to be a lot of political arm twisting and offering some sweet deals to get the votes needed.

Will it work. We shall see.

The senate majority leader says the bill will most likely not be voted on until sometime in early 2010. A December vote is unlikely.

riverside.gif Riverside CA

Believe it or not, there are some people that do not aspire to be their own boss. I do admire them though. I have only worked for one man that I didn't admire. Small business men and women are society's unsung heroes. I am perfectly content to make someone else money. I have passed up a number of opportunity to go into business for myself. I think I am more interested in going into teaching in my 50s more than starting a business but whatever God has planned for me I will do.

Yes there are.People go into business for themselves for a variety of reasons. Hero is a word that gets tossed around till it has no meaning like so many words today.

Those that don't and profess to have the answers for the small business man and what he would do if only he were a moral christian is not realistic and is just plain wrong.

I am perfectly content to make someone else money. You are also perfectly content to render judgment on others that don't run their business according to your dictates.

small business

By AMBER SUTHERLAND

Last Updated: 10:35 AM, November 9, 2009

It just doesn't make any business sense.<p> </p><br> The owner of New York's famed independent bookstore, The Strand -- which spends more than $1 million a year on health care for its 225 workers -- yesterday joined a growing chorus of businesses objecting to the House-backed health-care overhaul.<p> </p><br> "We already have a great plan" under private carrier Cigna, insisted Nancy Bass Wyden, granddaughter of Strand founder Benjamin Bass.<p> </p><br> "The way the House bill is now, our costs would increase," she said, adding that they already jumped 18 percent from last year. "Nothing in the bill has costs going down."<p> </p><br> According to Karen Ignagni, president and chief executive of America's Health Insurance Plans, an insurers trade group, the House bill "fails to bend the health-care cost curve and breaks the promise that those who like their current coverage can keep it."<p> </p><br> And that doesn't sit well with Bass Wyden, whose shop is a haven for seekers of rare and hard-to-find titles.<p> </p><br> "The American way is competition," she said. "But the House bill has us handcuffed.<p> </p><br> "We want to stay with our great health care."<p> </p><br>

It just doesn't make any business sense.

The owner of New York's famed independent bookstore, The Strand -- which spends more than $1 million a year on health care for its 225 workers -- yesterday joined a growing chorus of businesses objecting to the House-backed health-care overhaul.

"We already have a great plan" under private carrier Cigna, insisted Nancy Bass Wyden, granddaughter of Strand founder Benjamin Bass.

"The way the House bill is now, our costs would increase," she said, adding that they already jumped 18 percent from last year. "Nothing in the bill has costs going down."

According to Karen Ignagni, president and chief executive of America's Health Insurance Plans, an insurers trade group, the House bill "fails to bend the health-care cost curve and breaks the promise that those who like their current coverage can keep it."

And that doesn't sit well with Bass Wyden, whose shop is a haven for seekers of rare and hard-to-find titles.

"The American way is competition," she said. "But the House bill has us handcuffed.

"We want to stay with our great health care."

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/manha...L#ixzz0WOAClUoi

It is not about my opinion. It is about the law. The law mandates that employers do certain things. We have child labor laws, overtime pay laws, worker's compensation laws, Social Security and unemployment laws. It looks like we will soon have health insurance laws too. This is a bright day for America.

It is not about my opinion. It is about the law. The law mandates that employers do certain things. We have child labor laws, overtime pay laws, worker's compensation laws, Social Security and unemployment laws. It looks like we will soon have health insurance laws too. This is a bright day for America.

It is a lot about your opinion. You still have not explained how we are still going to end up with 18 million? uninsured and by the year 2016 that number will be greater.

Nor have you explained the process that makes an employer responsible for your health care.How is a employer responsible for economic conditions that cause layoffs or termination ? If they are not receiving their evil profits why do they have to pay you?

Laws that prevent abuse or overwork are within the scope of the government where others will be harmed.

Workman's compensation gives support to those that may have been hurt on the job.

Social Security paid by employer is for the benefit of a slush fund to help keep the government with cash to confiscate.

Again explain to me if the employer is out of work who pays his unemployment compensation.Why loss of work thru no responsibility of employer entitles you and others to sit on your backside until you finally run out of employer welfare.

We will end up with universal health care. The one positive is that people like you will be dumped on the tender mercies of the government.

Quote:
It looks like we will soon have health insurance laws too. This is a bright day for America.

When the US can force and threaten with jail something like health care,it is a new day for America but hardly a bright one.

Those that wish to suck off the employer and government will smile for awhile.

For you to think we can go like lambs with government intrusion and it will only bring good is like saying "I am only partially pregnant"

The US forces us all into a mandatory retirement program. This is no different.

I can't wait to see what comes out of the Senate. I think the public option will be dropped. The sky will be sunnier and the air will be clean and crisp. It will be one of those days that just makes one want to go on a picnic and bast in the glory of the day. President Obama might actually do something as good with health-care as he did with credit cards. I didn't say top it. I don't know if he can top what he did with those nasty, evil and greedy credit card companies but this might be just a s good. If there is no public option and no abortion covered it is all going to be good.

The US forces us all into a mandatory retirement program. This is no different.

I can't wait to see what comes out of the Senate. I think the public option will be dropped. The sky will be sunnier and the air will be clean and crisp. It will be one of those days that just makes one want to go on a picnic and bast in the glory of the day. President Obama might actually do something as good with health-care as he did with credit cards. I didn't say top it. I don't know if he can top what he did with those nasty, evil and greedy credit card companies but this might be just a s good. If there is no public option and no abortion covered it is all going to be good.

Cheer up,there will be both.

Really a little concerned about you tho. What will motivate you when you run out of victims.

Ahhh,should probably have a little more faith in you tho.You are extremely practiced at shifting the blame and manufacturing a victim where only a careless ,irresponsible person resides.

I have lost track of all the types of victims you have catalogued I am sure you can invent more as you go.

I never thought I would say or feel this way,but it makes me happy at the thought of the businesses that can afford to close their doors voluntarily are doing so. When I think of the numbers of the nasty, evil and greedy parasites on society that want employers to wipe their nose and hold their hand ,I am glad people like my brother have closed their doors and the evil,nasty employee is wondering how to replace that job.

Probably shouldn't fear tho,if he can't find one he can keep sucking off the taxpayer.

I also do like your rather silly notion that all can be passed off to consumer. Hope that becomes true as all those

poor victims get to pony up or go without.The rich and well to do may not like it but they will not go without.

You have fun now Shane,as I believe that is part of what you are doing.

The other very satisfying part of this is when you and the others that want the government to babysit you because of your inability to be responsible,find your backsides on Obama style health care.

The consumer pays for everything. Without the consumer, the employer has nothing. The employer can't even pay taxes without the consumer.

The consumer pays for everything. Without the consumer, the employer has nothing. The employer can't even pay taxes without the consumer.

Yes,but isn't it nice that because of people like you the poor can pay more.

Listen to them whine when gas hits $4 a gallon again. I don't think they give stamps like they do for food. They can pay it or sit home.

Costs of homes start going out of sight again,they can sit in their subsidized housing.

Food prices exceed their food stamp allotment,tough,go without.

Clothing,especially in 2010,their ability to buy good second hand clothing for their children will be cut off by those you are so happy to champion.

Good,maybe they will find it a long cold winter because of many like your self.Those that bow and bend the knee to the "Annointed One"

Wonder if they will be able to find the warm winter clothing. If your hero's have their way those items cannot even be given away without extensive testing.