ClubAdventist is back!

U.S. Aware of Hasan Efforts to Contact al Qaeda

I wonder if they had tried to oust him they would have heard the old discrimination cry from the politically correct

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/fort-hood-...tory?id=9030873

Officials: U.S. Aware of Hasan Efforts to Contact al Qaeda

Army Major in Fort Hood Massacre Used 'Electronic Means' to Connect with Terrorists

U.S. intelligence agencies were aware months ago that Army Major Nidal Hasan was attempting to make contact with people associated with al Qaeda, two American officials briefed on classified material in the case told ABC News.

Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan tried to make contact with people linked to al Qaeda.

It is not known whether the intelligence agencies informed the Army that one of its officers was seeking to connect with suspected al Qaeda figures, the officials said.

One senior lawmaker said the CIA had, so far, refused to brief the intelligence committees on what, if any, knowledge they had about Hasan's efforts.

CIA director Leon Panetta and the Director of National Intelligence, Dennis Blair, have been asked by Congress "to preserve" all documents and intelligence files that relate to Hasan, according to the lawmaker.

On Sunday, Senator Joseph Lieberman (D-CT) called for an investigation into whether the Army missed signs as to whether Hasan was an Islamic extremist.

"If Hasan was showing signs, saying to people that he had become an Islamist extremist, the U.S. Army has to have a zero tolerance," Lieberman told Fox News Sunday.

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

Many details are coming on the life of this man.

Wonder when we hear this has been classified as a hate crime?

If he had contacts with Rush,O'Reiley,Glenn Beck and Hannity and had patterned his thinking after these what do you think we would be hearing?

Bet it wouldn't be investigating Post Traumatic Stress.

Somehow the outcome of this will be sympathy for this man before any for victims. America or more to the point,conservatives will be found at fault

Wonder how much a over the top country with PC has to do with this man being allowed to serve in the military. Hopefully he will be tried by the military and put where he cannot harm anyone again.

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

The Army obviously dropped the ball on this.

Not very politically correct to remove someone of the peaceful Islam religion.

Do you remove all muslims that embrace Islam

When the Islamic soldier is trying to get out of the Army because he views it as a conflict with his religion, that is a pretty big red flag. When he openly expresses sympathy with the enemy, that is another red flag. When he believe the US is at war with Islam (his religion) that is another red flag.

Now a lot is being made of his statement that he is Muslim first and American second. Well, quite honestly, I am Adventist first and American second. If the US were to go to war with a highly Adventist country like Grenada or Pitcairn Islands, I would have great reservations in supporting that war myself. Of course that doesn't mean I would go crazy and start shooting my fellow soldiers.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

Quote:
When the Islamic soldier is trying to get out of the Army because he views it as a conflict with his religion, that is a pretty big red flag. When he openly expresses sympathy with the enemy, that is another red flag. When he believe the US is at war with Islam (his religion) that is another red flag.

All of the above was true when he wanted someone to foot his educational needs.

Personally I would like to see someone in the military that expresses this type of crud tried for treason.

Some of what I have read is the love affair with diversity and being politically correct played a hand in not having action taken in this.

Quote:
Now a lot is being made of his statement that he is Muslim first and American second. Well, quite honestly, I am Adventist first and American second. If the US were to go to war with a highly Adventist country like Grenada or Pitcairn Islands, I would have great reservations in supporting that war myself. Of course that doesn't mean I would go crazy and start shooting my fellow soldiers.

If you were dumb enough or selfish enough to not care as long as your education was being paid for,refusal would hopefully mean jail for you.Your great reservations should be expressed before you stand with your hand out for the government to take care of you.

Probably doesn't mean you wouldn't either. Making excuses for this man could make some wonder.

Islam or not,the man is a despicable coward that uses the US for his own gain and then turns around and shoots all he can.

I hope this man is behind bars for life

Court martial.

Then probably squad.

Being teased or "harassed" is generally sufficient cause to have your actions understandable no matter what you have done

as long as your education was being paid for,

Getting a lot of use out of that strawman. Halloween is over. The strawman can be put away until next year.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

• Moderators

U.S. intelligence agencies were aware months ago that Army Major Nidal Hasan was attempting to make contact with people associated with al Qaeda, two American officials briefed on classified material in the case told ABC News.

I wonder why the Major would want to contact al Qaeda.

This, from very recent news article:

WASHINGTON – The Army psychiatrist accused of the Fort Hood massacre is believed to have acted alone despite repeated communications — monitored by authorities — with a radical imam overseas, U.S. officials said Monday. The FBI will conduct an internal review of its handling of the information, they said.

An investigative official and a Republican lawmaker said Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan was in contact with Anwar al-Awlaki, an imam released from a Yemeni jail last year, 10 to 20 times. Despite that, no formal investigation was opened into Hasan, they said.

Investigative officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss the case. Republican Rep. Pete Hoekstra of Michigan, the top Republican on the House Intelligence Committee, said it was his understanding Hasan and the imam exchanged e-mails that counterterrorism officials picked up.

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

Originally Posted By: bonnie

I wonder why the Major would want to contact al Qaeda.

This, from very recent news article:

WASHINGTON – The Army psychiatrist accused of the Fort Hood massacre is believed to have acted alone despite repeated communications — monitored by authorities — with a radical imam overseas, U.S. officials said Monday. The FBI will conduct an internal review of its handling of the information, they said.

An investigative official and a Republican lawmaker said Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan was in contact with Anwar al-Awlaki, an imam released from a Yemeni jail last year, 10 to 20 times. Despite that, no formal investigation was opened into Hasan, they said.

Investigative officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss the case. Republican Rep. Pete Hoekstra of Michigan, the top Republican on the House Intelligence Committee, said it was his understanding Hasan and the imam exchanged e-mails that counterterrorism officials picked up.

Because he was one of those hatemongering murdering Muslim gihadists.

• Moderators

Sounds like someone who should be in prison but someone for whom Adventists really need to pray and maybe visit in order to bring Christ's love to him.

I wonder what contact, if any, he ever had with SDAs, and what impression they made on him-- whether he ever understood the Adventist message. Chances are that he didn't.

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

• Members

Probably would not have done any good since that was not his plan.

pk

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

Quote:

Yes, this is yet another attack of terrorism on American's soil. He had many contacts with radical Muslims. This was a planned attack.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

The Dems can't/won't call it that. It makes bo look bad. He dosn't want any terrorism on his watch.

But since we no longer have a war on terror, all he can do is hope.

And hope wasn't enough.

We didn't have any attacks on Bush's watch after 9-11. Now that Obama is president ... the terrorists are hitting us hard.

I believe in Hematology.

• Members

The ABC Evening News called it a "terrorist attack on American soil" the day it happened - because that's exactly what it was.

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

The ABC Evening News called it a "terrorist attack on American soil" the day it happened - because that's exactly what it was.

thumbsup

I believe in Hematology.

• Members

Absolutely rudywoofs, and if people read between the lines of the Obama speech that's exactly what they would of heard. I did. And this guy has been doing this for 6-7 years, I think that speaks for it self.

pk

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

Absolutely rudywoofs, and if people read between the lines of the Obama speech that's exactly what they would of heard. I did. And this guy has been doing this for 6-7 years, I think that speaks for it self.

pk

Whether it is Obama,Bush or any other president why is it necessary to read between the lines..

How about straight forward,drop the political correctness and make it clearly understood zero tolerance for behavior that led up to this.

You are being paid by taxpayer money,if you like Bin Laden's methods better,poof you are gone, we will give you a free ticket