ClubAdventist is back!

Casey's Concern and It Isn't With the Men and Women in His Care

Casey's 'concern'

Clarice Feldman

Echoing my thoughts and I believe the thoughts of many Americans, Contentions' Jennifer Rubin responds to Army Chief of Staff General George Casey's "concern" about a "backlash" against Moslems in the U.s. military as a reult of the Fort Hood massacre:

Casey should be concerned if his organization was asleep at the switch and fell victim to a political correctness that clouded common sense. We should be concerned that the head of the Army now seems nervous about candidly discussing what occurred.

To be clear: it is the ultimate red herring, a straw man of gargantuan proportions, to suggest that those pointing to Hasan's motives and announced intentions ("I am going to do good work for God") are suggesting that Muslim soldiers as a group are untrustworthy or suspect. No, there is no "backlash" in the works. What there is, and what elite opinion makers should recognize before the public's fury builds, is that ignoring signs of Islamic-fundamentalist-inspired animus toward America will get people killed. It has. And it will again unless and until we stop tip-toeing around the obvious link between a murderous ideology and murder.

I suppose that given who is the Commander in Chief, hewing to this politically correct red herring will assure his position is safe. But it shouldn't in my book. It's apparent to me that he cares more about himself and his career than he does for the men and women under his care.

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

Amen to that!

I know this has to be considered a hate crime.Surely the left should be posturing and preening about the horror's of hate crimes,Shouldn't they???

Or maybe it would have only been a hate crime if the shooter had been white and wounded and killed so many muslims.

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

BONNIE

WOW this a a thought provoking statement

dgrimm60

I see no reason why this would not qualify as a hate crime.

A muslim takes the lives of many people of another race.

You would be hearing how the unchristian right is really responsible if it had been Rush,Hannity,Glen Beck that this man had contact with.

You may remember how fast the conservatives were blamed for the shooting of the abortion DR.

It just isn't politically correct to say anything concerning Islam.

Adventists here will condemn conservative adventist regularly.Doesn't take much. When have you heard the same condemnation of Islam.

Not politically correct and besides we know conservatives have lost their salvation anyway

I don't necessarily

I have no problem with Muslims in the military BUT if individual Muslims say they want out because they feel the war in in conflict with their religious beliefs, then by all means, let them out.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

I see no reason why this would not qualify as a hate crime.

A muslim takes the lives of many people of another race.

You would be hearing how the unchristian right is really responsible if it had been Rush,Hannity,Glen Beck that this man had contact with.

You may remember how fast the conservatives were blamed for the shooting of the abortion DR.

It just isn't politically correct to say anything concerning Islam.

Adventists here will condemn conservative adventist regularly.Doesn't take much. When have you heard the same condemnation of Islam.

Not politically correct and besides we know conservatives have lost their salvation anyway

I don't necessarily

If it is a minority doing the hate killing, nothing will be said. But let you or I kill a muslim, it wouldn't matter if he were breaking into your house. Hate Crime.

I have no problem with Muslims in the military BUT if individual Muslims say they want out because they feel the war in in conflict with their religious beliefs, then by all means, let them out.

Really,great idea. Want out of your contract whine about religious beliefs and then slaughter as many as you can. That will show all your peaceful,loving religious principals. Good idea

Yes, I have a problem forcing people to serve in the military against their religious beliefs.

As important as you may view that belief it has nothing to do with you. You do not set the terms or carry out the consequences.

I am pretty sure they don't care what your opinion or mine is

No one should be forced to join if against their religious belief,but this "religious muslim" should have taken that into account while looking for a government handout to pay his education.

• Members

But didn't he voluteer with those religious beliefs? Knowing full well that this would mean eventually having to serve in the middle east. Most of those that volenteer usually wind up going overseas to a combat area, especially when we are at war or a conflict. But from what I hear the CIA has known for awhile about this guy.

pk

phkrause

Obstinacy is a barrier to all improvement. - ChL 60

The thing is that our religious convictions tend to change. For example, when I joined the Army I was a back-slidden Seventh-day Adventist. After being in a few years I felt the conviction to keep the Sabbth. I went to my commander and talked to him. I also talked to a chaplain about it. Things worked out that I got the Sabbath off even though I had served for three years already without any objection to working on Saturday.

This guy joined the Army in the 1990s. His religious convictions as a Muslim started to change (to the radical side) after 9/11. He wasn't looking for a free ride (so we can put that strawman in the closet) because he volunteered to pay for his education.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity