ClubAdventist is back!

Federal Reserve Officials Warn Weak Recovery

http://www.cleveland.com/business/index.ssf/2009/11/federal_reserve_officials_warn.html

WASHINGTON -- Unemployment likely will remain high for the next several years because the economic recovery won't be strong enough to spur robust hiring, Federal Reserve officials warned Tuesday.

The cautionary note struck by the presidents of regional Fed banks in San Francisco and Atlanta were the first public remarks of Fed officials since the government reported last week that the nation's jobless rate bolted to 10.2 percent in October. It marked only the second time in the post-World War II period that the rate surpassed 10 percent.

In separate speeches, Janet Yellen, president of the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, and Dennis Lockhart, president of the Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta, warned that rising unemployment could crimp consumers, restraining the recovery. Consumer spending accounts for about 70 percent of economic activity.

"With such a slow rebound, unemployment could well stay high for several years to come," Yellen said. "In other words, our recovery is likely to feel like something well short of good times."

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

I figured that.

There are a lot of estimates of the actual unemployment around 16%.

Both Obama and Brillant Biden have already said to forget the employment rates we are used to.

When he gets done we will all be on welfare.

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Originally Posted By: Richard Holbrook
I figured that.

Both Obama and Brillant Biden have already said to forget the employment rates we are used to.

I would not encourage that. Obama is funding his health care on the backs of those very people. There will be $500 Billion in Medicare cuts.

Is this what we voted for?

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

• Members

I believe Gus Foster, who made a post on one of these threads, says he believe's the rate is around 22%. And don't forget about all those that are unemployed and have used up there benefits.

pk

phkrause

Obstinacy is a barrier to all improvement. - ChL 60

Originally Posted By: bonnie

I would not encourage that. Obama is funding his health care on the backs of those very people. There will be $500 Billion in Medicare cuts.

Is this what we voted for?

Some did and are extremely happy that Obama will level the playing field downward.

As long as they leave us enough for cat food we will probably be alright

Yes Bonnie. Praise God for Catfood.

I believe in Hematology.

Do you eat mac and cheese from a box? I prefer it from a frozen dinner.

I believe in Hematology.

• Members

I think we will be eating just fine. God has told me that my bread and water and sure. I'm not worried, unless someone doesn't believe that God's promise's are worth the paper that they are written on?

pk

phkrause

I think we will be eating just fine. God has told me that my bread and water and sure. I'm not worried, unless someone doesn't believe that God's promise's are worth the paper that they are written on?

pk

Tell that to the starving children of China.

I believe in Hematology.

We do have spiritual bread and water .. which is FAR more valuable.

I believe in Hematology.

• Members

Why should I ask them in china when we have starving here in the US of A, much closer to home. But I believe you know exactly what I meant Redwood. He does talk about spiritual food but he also means our physical food as well.

pk

phkrause

Why? Because 'children in China' is a good alliteration. And children in the USA is not.

I believe in Hematology.

• Administrators

TU

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.