ClubAdventist is back!

Vatican says aliens could exist

Outta Here

• Moderators

Anyone been watching "V" lately? Art imitating life; or, life imitating art?

What is "V"? I suppose it's about the Vatican, but I've not seen it. Could you explain briefly what "V"s message or theme is?

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

• Moderators

Nah, 'V' is a remake of an oldish (80s? 90s?) scifi series on TV about lizard-like aliens living among us disguised as humans...

Truth is important

The original V plot was modeled after the Nazis. The remade one appears to be modeled off from the Obama Admin. taken to the extreme a bit.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

• Moderators

There's also a very good book by the name of "V" by the American writer, Thomas Pynchon, but it isn't a sci fi.

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

I take it no one here is watching the new series, then? Never mind. I thought it interesting as part of the plot involves the Catholic stance (and the people's beliefs) regarding whether or not aliens can exist in a God-given creation.

The only thing I know about aliens ... is that to many of them are illegal.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

• Members

Saw the trailers for the series, but have not watched as of yet. And not sure that I will.

pk

phkrause

Obstinacy is a barrier to all improvement. - ChL 60

Contrary to what ellen or the Vatican say, any life form which we "discover" will not be from another planet. It WILL happen but will merely be demons posing as aliens. They will manifest primarily during the tribulation.

"You may not agree with everyone. But if you are an honest man, when someone says something you disagree with it’ll drive you to the Word. If you find out that you were wrong and change your thinking then you are the better for it. If you go to the Word and find out that you were right then you have been strengthened. But either way always go to the Word!!” Billye Brim

Actually the RCC's statment is far more significant than the scifi "V" TV programming (whatever that may be).

From the OP article

Quote:

'Free from sin'

Just as there are multiple forms of life on earth, so there could exist intelligent beings in outer space created by God. And some aliens could even be free from original sin, he speculates.

Asked about the Catholic Church's condemnation four centuries ago of the Italian astronomer and physicist, Galileo, Father Funes diplomatically says mistakes were made, but it is time to turn the page and look towards the future.

Science and religion need each other, and many astronomers believe in God, he assures readers.

To strengthen its scientific credentials, the Vatican is organising a conference next year to mark the 200th anniversary of the birth of the author of the Origin of Species, Charles Darwin.

A couple of key points.

1. The link between false doctrine on origins preached within evolutionism and the false ideas about aliens shows up in those comments.

2. The Vatican is subtle in promoting "evil alien" vs "good alien" ideas with the language about "some without original sin" implying also "some others with original sin". A good-vs-evil "universe of planets" creates a context for idea of "war" between planets.

Anyone who has studied the final events topics in our church knows this is exactly the world view that Satan is trying to create just before the end. His plan is to form a counter plan for the battle of Armageddon and he needs a context to "tell his story". He would not be well served by telling the truth saying "yes we are going to fight against the Creator God of heaven and of us all".

I find it interesting that the Vatican position is titled by them "Aliens Are My Brother".

There are other groups (one of them providing a presidential briefing to Obama this past October) that argue that we should not "demonize those aliens" that they believe are about to show up in more public ways.

in Christ,

Bob

John 8:32 - The Truth will make you free

“The righteousness of Christ will not cover one cherished sin." COL 316.

Actually the RCC's statment is far more significant than the scifi "V" TV programming (whatever that may be).

Yes, it is more significant. However, I was interested in conversing with people who had read both this article and who have been watching the sci-fi television program.

Either way, I'm glad to have provided you the opportunity to read this article and to post your opinions on it.

Any chance you may catch up and watch the first few episodes of the program? Any chance you might be able to converse with me about the similarities between this statement by the RCC and the statements made by the actors portraying the Catholic priests in the program?

• Moderators

I may end up watching it when it comes out on DVD - we don't have a TV. That'll probably be too late to join this discussion, though.

So how are you guys (Haldog, Bob) fitting what you're saying in with EGW's comments about beings on unfallen worlds watching the creation of this one and the consequences of sin?

Truth is important

Originally Posted By: Redwood
The only thing I know about aliens ... is that to many of them are illegal.

LOL

Has anyone been told there is not life on other planets? I don't mean those that come in UFO's and abduct people.

How does anyone know? If you know who told you

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

• Members

I agree Bonnie that there are no such things as UFOs, at least I don't believe it, but there is no life on the other planets in our solar system, but according to the Bible, in Job it does kind of hint that there are other planets out there that have people living there. And I believe that EGW also mentions the same.

pk

phkrause

Obstinacy is a barrier to all improvement. - ChL 60

I agree Bonnie that there are no such things as UFOs, at least I don't believe it, but there is no life on the other planets in our solar system, but according to the Bible, in Job it does kind of hint that there are other planets out there that have people living there. And I believe that EGW also mentions the same.

pk

I understand that. I was wondering how those that claim there isn't or claim EW was wrong and don't put the same meaning to Job

know. Did someone tell them or is it dismissed because EW supports that or ????

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

IMO.... The only 'aliens' are the angels ... both good and bad.

The Lord will not allow man to reach any inhabited planet to bring sin there. Neither will He allow sinless beings from the other planets to come to this contaminated place. When sin and sinners are "no more" then there will be free passage between all planets..........Don't ask me for a Bible reference for this opinion. I believe that the so-called sightings of UFOs serve to have the inhabitants of this planet believe that such things exist so that when Satan appears in a gigantic space ship, and apparently doing miracles, most of the world will be deceived.

IMO.... The only 'aliens' are the angels ... both good and bad.

The Lord will not allow man to reach any inhabited planet to bring sin there. Neither will He allow sinless beings from the other planets to come to this contaminated place.

Amen Glad