ClubAdventist is back!

Greenism

there buster

Quote:
Communism and environmentalism—we are talking about two ideologies that are structurally very similar. They are against individual freedom. They are in favor of centralist master-minding of our fates. They are both very similar in telling us what to do, how to live, how to behave, what to eat, how to travel, what we can do and what we cannot do. There is a huge similarity in this respect. Vaclav Klaus, President of the Czech Republic

“the slovenliness of our language makes it easier to have foolish thoughts.” George Orwell

Chuck Norris was on Fox today. He warned us that Obama is trying to make a New World Order through the new Green rules world-wide. We need to be wise to this.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

Yes dgrimm ... and Chuck would know. I am glad that we have him on our side. He can do most anything he puts his mind to. Well at least that's what happens in his movies.

I believe in Hematology.

Because there's nothing more communist than planting a tree.

Down with earth! _protest__ANIMATED_by_orangefruits.gif

"Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much." - Oscar Wilde

�Do to others whatever you would like them to do to you. This is the essence of all that is taught in the law and the prophets." - Jesus

Yes dgrimm ... he certainly does. He's the man.

I believe in Hematology.

• Members

I have many of Chuck's movies. He campaigned for Mike Hukabee (sp). I thought that was an interesting choice.

pk

phkrause

Obstinacy is a barrier to all improvement. - ChL 60

• Moderators

Chuck Norris and 'the Margaret Thatcher of Europe' (Vaclav Klaus), together in... The Twilight Zone!

Truth is important

Because there's nothing more communist than planting a tree.

Down with earth! _protest__ANIMATED_by_orangefruits.gif

I think driving a 4 cylinder car might be even worse than planting a tree.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

Quote:
Does not Christianity also dictate what to do, how to live, how to behave, what to eat, how to travel, what we can do and what we cannot do?

No, it does not. It does not attempt to force people to do those things, neither does it attempt to make illegal everything contrary to Christian teaching.

Environmentalism is in the process of doing exactly that. What kind of light bulbs you must (and must not) use, for example. This is simply tyranny.

Vaclav Klaus is a Ph. D. in economics, President of the Czech Republic, and lived nearly fifty years under Communism. He recognizes tyranny when he sees it.

“the slovenliness of our language makes it easier to have foolish thoughts.” George Orwell

Chuck Norris and 'the Margaret Thatcher of Europe' (Vaclav Klaus), together in... The Twilight Zone!

This thread was doing fine till the snide remarks came along.

I believe in Hematology.

• Members

To some it does therebuster, ask those that had the crusader's rammed down there throats in the name of God? Why do you think the Muslims are doing alot of the things they are doing now. And ask the Jews what they think of Christianity? So I think its a matter of perspective.

pk

phkrause

Quote:

No, it does not. It does not attempt to force people to do those things, neither does it attempt to make illegal everything contrary to Christian teaching.

Environmentalism is in the process of doing exactly that. What kind of light bulbs you must (and must not) use, for example. This is simply tyranny.

Vaclav Klaus is a Ph. D. in economics, President of the Czech Republic, and lived nearly fifty years under Communism. He recognizes tyranny when he sees it.

It really is funny with the light bulbs.The "safe for the enviournment are the most aggravating things. I got some by mistake once. Used one or two and threw the rest in the trash.

We have neighbors that are stockpiling the tried and true kind for when they are no longer available.

Heard two ads yesterday about 30 minutes apart. One was for a new child's thermometer.No more worries about deadly mercury if a child should break it. Next ad was for these marvelous light bulbs. They have mercury in them and you are not to throw them in the regular trash. I must be missing something here

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

• Moderators

Quote:

When the standard of discourse is "Trying not to burn the house down while you're in it is like COMMUNISM!!!1!!", I tend to have two response options: incandescent rage or wry humour.

I went for the second, but maybe there's a third... silence. I'll try that.

Truth is important

Quote:

When the standard of discourse is "Trying not to burn the house down while you're in it is like COMMUNISM!!!1!!", I tend to have two response options: incandescent rage or wry humour.

I am assuming you know but for the record I am not the one that said......This thread was doing fine till the snide remarks came along.

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

Quote:
ask those that had the crusader's rammed down there throats in the name of God? Why do you think the Muslims are doing alot of the things they are doing now. And ask the Jews what they think of Christianity? So I think its a matter of perspective.

pk

Your history is faulty, so your conclusions are faulty.

Quote:
The fact remains: The Crusades were a counterattack on Islam—not an unprovoked assault as Armstrong and other revisionist historians portray. Eminent historian Bernard Lewis puts it well,

Even the Christian crusade, often compared with the Muslim jihad, was itself a delayed and limited response to the jihad and in part also an imitation. But unlike the jihad, it was concerned primarily with the defense or reconquest of threatened or lost Christian territory. It was, with few exceptions, limited to the successful wars for the recovery of southwest Europe, and the unsuccessful wars to recover the Holy Land and to halt the Ottoman advance in the Balkans. The Muslim jihad, in contrast, was perceived as unlimited, as a religious obligation that would continue until all the world had either adopted the Muslim faith or submitted to Muslim rule. … The object of jihad is to bring the whole world under Islamic law.

Middle East Quarterly

Before Mohammed in the 7th century, North Africa, the Middle East, and Asia minor were Christian. Barely 100 years later, these areas had all been conquered by Muslim armies spreading their faith by force.

Get your history straight.

When I asked, does not Christianity also dictate what to do, how to live, how to behave, what to eat, how to travel, what we can do and what we cannot do?

I was thinking along the lines of:

What to do: "Go and make disciples of all nations"

How to live: "Be fruitful and multiply"

How to behave: Keep the commandments of God

What to eat: No unclean meats, no intoxication

How to travel: No more than XX on a Sabbath day

What we can do: Go to church on the Sabbath, marry, honor your father and mother

What we cannot do: Forget the Sabbath day, take the name of the Lord in vain, worship idols

Though these things are not forced upon anyone, the consequence of NOT living according to the Christian walk IS forced upon them. In a sense, yes, Christianity does dictate to us how we are to live, behave..et cetera. Any choice to do otherwise is punishable by eternal damnation.

Aubrey ... it is forced upon you if you want to remain in the church. At a former church of mine a woman was disfellowshipped due to no sin at all. They considered her mannerisms a distraction. I was on the board. I know. 60% voted to have her disfellowshipped. So she is gone.

I believe in Hematology.

• Members

Good one Bravus. And Redwood that's interesting you should say that, because wasn't it you that made that comment about "Bill" in one of the other threads? :) I'm just checking!

pk

phkrause

Oh. Okay pk ... I guess you got me on that one. :)

I believe in Hematology.

• 3 weeks later...

Quote:

How embarrassing for you. Turns out the smell of "burn[ing] the house down" was simply the odor of the data being cooked. "How they cooked the data."

A few choice quotes: "here is some actual proof that the CRU was deliberately tampering with their data. "

"all of the data that was the chief result of most of the environmental legislation created over the last decade was a farce. "

"I tried to write this post in a manner that transcends politics. I really haven’t taken much of an interest in the whole global warming debate and don’t really have a strong opinion on the matter. However, being part of the Science Community (I have a degree in Physics) and having done scientific research myself makes me very worried when arrogant jerks who call themselves “scientists” work outside of ethics and ignore the truth to fit their pre-conceived notions of the world. That is not science, that is religion with math equations."

Quote:

How embarrassing for you. Turns out the smell of "burn[ing] the house down" was simply the odor of the data being cooked. "How they cooked the data."

A few choice quotes: "here is some actual proof that the CRU was deliberately tampering with their data. "

"all of the data that was the chief result of most of the environmental legislation created over the last decade was a farce. "

"I tried to write this post in a manner that transcends politics. I really haven’t taken much of an interest in the whole global warming debate and don’t really have a strong opinion on the matter. However, being part of the Science Community (I have a degree in Physics) and having done scientific research myself makes me very worried when arrogant jerks who call themselves “scientists” work outside of ethics and ignore the truth to fit their pre-conceived notions of the world. That is not science, that is religion with math equations."

Amen!!