ClubAdventist is back!

Dear Santa,

All I want for Xmas – is my very own Ambassador

to give me cover when I dither...

and whilst you’re in my vicinity, I won’t mind should you drop off a surf and turf platter of Maine Lobster and Kobi beef – together with a magnum of Bollinger R&D. hmmm, hmmm, hmmm.

I cleaned the chimney, and will leave some of those brownies you like so much... Ho! Ho! Ho!

I read that in earlier wars, soldiers learned to knit - so they might have socks.

Unless you wish to spin, weave, and knit your own,

you might reconsider and ask Santa to bring you a sackful of them. (have you ever had cold feet in winter? yikes!)

bwink

PKRAUSE

YOU THINK PEOPLE THINK I AM .........

NO WAY DO THEY THINK THAT

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE HOHOHOHOHOHOHO

dgrimm60

{Santa voice from Heaven} dgrimm ... I've watched you and observed your works. You have cheated in trying to get on the CA forum Hall of Fame by the use of double and triple posts. This is a sin against my name. Thus ... no gifts from Santa.

{This is the word and final word from Santa concerning this matter}

{Long live Santa}

{May it be}

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

Sin is sin. Our God is a no-fault judge.

I believe in Hematology.

Well I certainly home that President Obama decorates the White House good for Christmas. I also want to see all those Christmas video clips on the White House web page too.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

Quote:
he has stated this country is not

a christian nation

Yes. He is trying to change this nation. But we can resist. Bring on Sarah Palin.

I believe in Hematology.

I don't remember the Bush family emphasizing a Christian theme so much during Christmas. They would post videos of the President reading Christmas stories to school children with Elmo. Post a tour of the White House and preparation of the Christmas cake and other such things. The Bush family did a great job for Christmas. It was so cool to have my kids gather around the computer and listen to the President read a Christmas story.

Well, the truth be known, it isn't a Christian nation. We have a secular form of government. I don't know what the context of President Obama's remarks were but that may have been his point. There are many Catholic government's around the world. Those are nation's where the Vatican actually has a role in the government. In Mexico and many other Latin American countries, the only church that can legally marry anyone is the Catholic church. Of course Israel's government is a Jewish government. Many Arabic countries are Muslim countries. There are probably many in the world that actually think the Christian church has some official role US government. So it is good to distinguish that we indeed have a secular government.

• Members

Don't want to disagree with anyone, but I have to agree that from what I see of this nation, is we have gone far away from being a christian nation. Every turn the atheist are in court getting rid of this making the commandments of no value. Taking God out of everything in this country. We don't even act like a christian nation anymore.

pk

phkrause

Obstinacy is a barrier to all improvement. - ChL 60

Quote:
All I want for Xmas – is my very own Ambassador

Yes, you do bring up a good point.

The ONLY recognized church by the State .... is the Catholic Church. Reagan did that. And I've never forgiven him. He did much good ... but that was terrible.

I believe in Hematology.

Yes. The only State authorized Church is the Catholic Church. That was done by Reagan and each president since has renewed it by sending an ambassador to the Catholic Church.

I believe in Hematology.

• Members

That's why I always thought that Reagan was RC, but he wasn't, but he did reach across the isle didn't he.

pk

phkrause

Obstinacy is a barrier to all improvement. - ChL 60

The only State authorized Church is the Catholic Church. That was done by Reagan and each president since has renewed it by sending an ambassador to the Catholic Church.

I think that is stretching things a bit. The Vatican is both a church and a nation. About the same as Israel and other Religious, state-nations. Reagan simply recognized the Vatican. That puts them on the same level as Israel or Saudi Arabia.

Originally Posted By: Redwood
The only State authorized Church is the Catholic Church. That was done by Reagan and each president since has renewed it by sending an ambassador to the Catholic Church.

I think that is stretching things a bit. The Vatican is both a church and a nation. About the same as Israel and other Religious, state-nations. Reagan simply recognized the Vatican. That puts them on the same level as Israel or Saudi Arabia.

I think that is stretching things a bit Shane. The Vatican is ONLY the Catholic Church. Israel and Saudi Arabia ... have other religions. The Vatican is ONLY the Catholic Church. There IS a difference.

I believe in Hematology.

• Moderators

Quote:
We don't even act like a christian nation anymore.

I would be interested to know what kinds of things a "christian nation" would do. What makes a nation a Christian nation?

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

• Moderators

I would think a union of church and state would make a "Christian" nation.

I think most people would not say the UK is a christian nation but it has union of church and state.

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

Just because it is 'Christian' ... does not mean it is 'Christian'.

I believe in Hematology.