ClubAdventist is back!

What to do about a couple of crazy people in our church.

Doug

And no wonder there are so many crazy people out there believing in all sorts of things other than the words of Jesus given to us by His eyewitnesses! You want scripture? Then read what Jesus said.

You have helped me prove my point. His words have been preserved in scripture, like you have just pointed out. But if you don't read them and know them, they cannot be brought back to memory.

There is nothing exclusive about Jesus' words.

He that believes on me, as the scripture has said, out of his heart shall flow rivers of living water. (But this spoke he of the Spirit, whom they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Spirit was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.) Joh 7:38,39

And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that comes to me shall never hunger; and he that believes on me shall never thirst.

But I said unto you, That you also have seen me, and believe not.

All that the Father gives me shall come to me; and he that comes to me I will in no wise cast out. Joh 6:35-37

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dr. Rich

• Gregory Matthews

• phkrause

Before you said that the Holy Spirit wouldn't help us remember anything, but only the disciples. Which is it? Only the disciples or all who believe on him? Which is another word for faith.

But this spoke he of the Spirit, whom they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Spirit was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified. Joh 7:39

Richard, if you would read the words in John 14:26 you would not even ask this question. Jesus told the disciples that the Holy Spirit would cause THEM to remember every WORD that Jesus spoke to them [and that they heard Him speak].

He also promised the Holy Spirit to us.

(But this spoke he of the Spirit, whom they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Spirit was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.) Joh 7:38,39