ClubAdventist is back!

US Politics

If you do not have access to the semi-private US Politics forum and would like to me please message me. It is a fairly active with some strong willed Republican supporters.

If that kind of talk hurts your eyes please do not ask to join, nor complain to me that you do not like what is posted there.

If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses.

https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist

Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Woody

• Neil D

• bonnie

• phkrause

Top Posters In This Topic

If you do not have access to the semi-private US Politics forum and would like to me please message me. It is a fairly active with some strong willed Republican supporters.

If that kind of talk hurts your eyes please do not ask to join, nor complain to me that you do not like what is posted there.

Curious if democrats on the forum are seen as strong willed or just "right".

Being strong willed in what you believe is now "wrong"?

I was always taught to make sure of what you believe and be willing to stand behind it as someday that is what we will need to get thru some tough times.

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

There are some very strong willed Democrats as well.

Where did I say it was wrong?

AND BTW Happy Birthday Bonnie!

You didn't. Singling out only republicans as the strong willed ones seemed like you might be thinking that way.

Thank you,it is a great day

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Bonnie ... perhaps it was early Alzheimers.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

HEY ALL

I AM sure that STAN MEANS WELL

dgrimm60

Yes. I have seen him try.

I believe in Hematology.

HEY ALL

I AM sure that STAN MEANS WELL

dgrimm60

That is probably true. Not a big problem,more curious than anything

Just came across as only republicans are strong willed in their beliefs and that democrats aren't.

If your beliefs are not worth standing behind they are not worth having

Yes. Good Point Bonnie. And yes ... we can forgive his forgetfullness about the Demos.

I believe in Hematology.

Democrats don't need to be afraid of coming into the US Politics forum. As moderator, I deal with all reported abuse. Of course, those that can't handle others challenging their political ideology and preconceived ideas may not want to venture in there. However those that can give it and take it and enjoy a lively discussion will find the US Politics forum quite informative and enjoyable.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

Was not forgetful, the Demos have one, but it is not semi-private it is invitation only.

The dems have a forum?....Where? Who can I get an invitation from to join? I would like to know what they are thinking....

If you are talking about MY forum....well, I wouldn't say that we were solely dems participating....There is a smattering of every political persuasion there....

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

Maybe he had trouble finding any Republicans in your group. Shall we ask them to stand up and be counted so we can check their Republican card carrying credentials.

I believe in Hematology.

...those that can give it and take it and enjoy a lively discussion will find the US Politics forum quite informative and enjoyable.

Those that like to stay silent and just read others give and take are welcome in the US Politics forum too.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

Maybe he had trouble finding any Republicans in your group. Shall we ask them to stand up and be counted so we can check their Republican card carrying credentials.

Oh no, Redwood...you miss-understand....You see, those of us in my forum got tired of those people-

who abandoned their Adventist roots in favor of increasoningly conservatism with a republican flavor

who abandoned their Christian principles for the ubber pottage of conservatism,

who would rather talk down toward people with different ideas....

who would rebut a logical rational argument with bumpersticker retorts

We got tired of all that...we don't see eye to eye on many things, but we don't do the above. Sometimes we agree to disagree because we cherish the ability to bounce ideas off of others and for thier friendship rather than sell out to a political party..Our mind is much more sane now with the rest of the agitators limited to Political forum....

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

Oh WoW !! Guess that must be the reason the rest of us don't qualify. But I would still like to see if there are any loyal card carrying Republicans in your group. If there are ... I want to accuse them of being a traitor.

I believe in Hematology.

Sorry to disappoint you, Redwood...it wasn't a case of qualifying....it was a case of demonstration...If you can demonstrate that you can discuss without rankor, whinning, or verbal abuse, I am sure that you can win someone's heart to get invited ...A simple 2 person recommendation is all that is needed and a majority confirmation by the rest of the group...That is all that is needed.....

....And you can always request....

As for "card carrying republicans", we trust thier word....

...and as for your comment to being a 'traitor' and admission to my forum.....well, we consistantly go by the rules.... nuff said...

George Bernard Shaw

Quote:

And just WHY would I WANT to if there b no card carrying Republicans there?

I believe in Hematology.

Seventh-day Adventists have 'traditionally' been Republicans.

And the Republican party has changed it platform from it's traditional stance...Of course, one must know WHEN this happen other wise, my statement looks rather foolish in light of the last decade....

George Bernard Shaw

Quote:

And just WHY would I WANT to if there b no card carrying Republicans there?

Didn't say that there wasn't......In fact, I know of, at least, one who is a republican....

George Bernard Shaw

Give me his name. Give me his name and I will deal with him.

I believe in Hematology.

• Members

That's exactly what I've said on many occasion's Gladussee, but someone said that that wasn't the case. But as far back as I can remember most SDAs have always been republican, and always, even on the pulpit, tried to get others to vote that way. I remember went Kennedy was running that was unreal how the pastors fell over there words, that they couldn't get out fast enough, of how the world as we knew it would end. Well we are still here, and if given the chance I think Kennedy would have been in the top 3 best presidents of my life time. He also had the best quote of any president in my life time. "Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country."

pk

phkrause

Obstinacy is a barrier to all improvement. - ChL 60

Give me his name. Give me his name and I will deal with him.

Hmmmmmmm.........

This has remenants of a story that recently came on the board....

What does a Christian do when the Nasis ask if there are Jews hidding in his home? Does he lie and thus violate the christian imparative "thou shalt not lie" or does he tell the truth and most certainly cause pain and suffering to his fellow man...?

I choose not to tell....

George Bernard Shaw