ClubAdventist is back!

US Politics

I suspected this of you. Demos rarely back up what they say with appropriate documentation.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Woody

• Neil D

• bonnie

• phkrause

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
But as far back as I can remember most SDAs have always been republican

YES YES

I believe in Hematology.

And that is the major difference between you and me.....

You are a legalist......regardless of the subject you are discussing.....

I am a man of faith......regardless of the subject that I am discussing....

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

• Members

Why just ask what a Christian would do Neil. I ask what would anybody do? What did Rahab do? What did many it europe do when the Nazi's came for anyone hiding Jews or whoever the Nazi's considered inferria (sp)? I believe this is a very difficult question to answer. Or we could do what the Jews do and that is answer a question with a question. They are very good with this. Especially the greatest Jew of all Jesus!

pk

phkrause

Obstinacy is a barrier to all improvement. - ChL 60

Not wanting to cross threads, I think that the Nazi question was answered quite bautifully by Gerry in another thread....

Due to Redwoods insistance of knowing if there were any "card carrying republicans" in my forum, I said that his question reminded me of the Nazi questioning the Christian about hiding jews in his home....

Redwood's insistence on knowing if there were "card carrying republicans" so that he could call them "Traitors" is an intimidation technique used quite often by those who abuse net users. While Redwood insistence is reminiscent of Nazis, Redwood is no Nazi....thankfully...And as the Nazi regime is an irritant in human history, Redwood is somewhat of an irritant to my forum in his insistance of knowing who the "card carrying republican" is....

....and I have always wanted to stand up to the Nazis.....I think I have sucessfully done so.... lol bwink

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

• Members

Actually I don't think I read his reply in the other thread, I'll have to check it out Neil.

pk

phkrause

those of us in my forum got tired of those people-

who abandoned their Adventist roots in favor of increasoningly conservatism with a republican flavor

who abandoned their Christian principles for the ubber pottage of conservatism,

In the US Politics forum this kind of rankor, whinning and verbal abuse is not permitted. I don't catch all of it but when it is reported I always make sure to deal with it. In the US Politics forum we want to have a safe place people can discuss current events related to politics without the fear of cyber abuse.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

In the US Politics forum this kind of rankor, whinning and verbal abuse is not permitted. I don't catch all of it but when it is reported I always make sure to deal with it. In the US Politics forum we want to have a safe place people can discuss current events related to politics without the fear of cyber abuse.

*cough* *cough*

[looking around] sorry, excuse me.....

George Bernard Shaw

Quote:
You are a legalist......

Whatever you say Neil. If this is the way you abide by the rules in your forum ... I don't care for an invitation to go there.

I believe in Hematology.

Originally Posted By: Neil D
those of us in my forum got tired of those people-

who abandoned their Adventist roots in favor of increasoningly conservatism with a republican flavor

Thank you Shane. I appreciate your efforts.

I believe in Hematology.

Originally Posted By: Shane

*cough* *cough*

[looking around] sorry, excuse me.....

We are trying. But it's trying.

I believe in Hematology.

What the Klingon has said is unimportant. We do not hear his words.

“the slovenliness of our language makes it easier to have foolish thoughts.” George Orwell

What the Klingon has said is unimportant. We do not hear his words.

Klingons are quite unique in that they can condemn/name call and judge all the while protesting loudly against such behavior.

We might all have to learn to speak Klingon,we may be missing something......

I find this very interesting while praising the dem forum.If I am reading Klingon correctly it passes judgment in that accusation that some have lost their christian principals.

Oh no, Redwood...you miss-understand....You see, those of us in my forum got tired of those people-

who would rather talk down toward people with different ideas....

who would rebut a logical rational argument with bumpersticker retorts

We got tired of all that...we don't see eye to eye on many things, but we don't do the above. Sometimes we agree to disagree because we cherish the ability to bounce ideas off of others and for thier friendship rather than sell out to a political party..Our mind is much more sane now with the rest of the agitators limited to Political forum....

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

Maybe someone can translate for us so that we can speak these words concerning dems and liberals and enjoy the more sane forum

It has been a pleasant respite from dems that have abandoned their Christian principles for the ubber pottage of liberalism

who would rather talk down toward people with different ideas....

who would rebut a logical rational argument with bumpersticker retorts

We got tired of all that...we don't see eye to eye on many things, but we don't do the above. Sometimes we agree to disagree because we cherish the ability to bounce ideas off of others and for thier friendship rather than sell out to a political party..Our mind is much more sane now with the rest of the agitators limited to Political forum....

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quote:
You are a legalist......

Whatever you say Neil. If this is the way you abide by the rules in your forum ... I don't care for an invitation to go there.

Why do I even bother attempting to bridge gaps?

My appologies if I offended you....I was under the mistaken impression that you were teaseable today....Again, I appologize for the mis-understanding...

George Bernard Shaw

Originally Posted By: Redwood
Quote:
You are a legalist......

Why do I even bother attempting to bridge gaps?

My appologies if I offended you....I was under the mistaken impression that you were teaseable today....Again, I appologize for the mis-understanding...

You didn't offend me. I thought the logic was being used was rather funny.

Why would you be under the mistaken impression I was teasable today?I really haven't said much and certainly not to you,so again your logic is rather funny.

Again no need to apologize you cannot offend me,just at times mystify with your logic

I'm with you on that Bonnie.

I believe in Hematology.

Why would you be under the mistaken impression I was teasable today?I really haven't said much and certainly not to you,so again your logic is rather funny.

Again no need to apologize you cannot offend me,just at times mystify with your logic

This Jon Steward moment, when he realizes the obvious, brought to you by Bonnie and Redwood.....

George Bernard Shaw

Quote:
You are a legalist......

If BOTH of you want to banter do it privately. Quit poking sticks at each other.

Get over it, and leave each other alone, unless you do it privately..

What is WRONG with both of you?

If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses.

https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist

Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com

Please note the part in bold. Samuelson mentions only healthcare. People at CA will recognize that these words apply to everything the left supports.

Quote:
Obamacare: Buy now, pay later

By Robert J. Samuelson

Monday, November 16, 2009

There is an air of absurdity to what is mistakenly called "health-care reform." Everyone knows that the United States faces massive governmental budget deficits as far as calculators can project, driven heavily by an aging population and uncontrolled health costs. As we recover slowly from a devastating recession, it's widely agreed that, though deficits should not be cut abruptly (lest the economy resume its slump), a prudent society would embark on long-term policies to control health costs, reduce government spending and curb massive future deficits. The administration estimates these at $9 trillion from 2010 to 2019. The president and all his top economic advisers proclaim the same cautionary message.

So what do they do? Just the opposite. Their far-reaching overhaul of the health-care system -- which Congress is halfway toward enacting -- would almost certainly make matters worse. It would create new, open-ended medical entitlements that threaten higher deficits and would do little to suppress surging health costs. The disconnect between what President Obama says and what he's doing is so glaring that most people could not abide it. The president, his advisers and allies have no trouble. But reconciling blatantly contradictory objectives requires them to engage in willful self-deception, public dishonesty, or both.

The campaign to pass Obama's health-care plan has assumed a false, though understandable, cloak of moral superiority. It's understandable because almost everyone thinks that people in need of essential medical care should get it; ideally, everyone would have health insurance. The pursuit of these worthy goals can easily be projected as a high-minded exercise for the public good.

ad_icon

It's false for two reasons. First, the country has other goals -- including preventing financial crises and minimizing the crushing effects of high deficits or taxes on the economy and younger Americans -- that "health-care reform" would jeopardize. And second, the benefits of "reform" are exaggerated. Sure, many Americans would feel less fearful about losing insurance; but there are cheaper ways to limit insecurity. Meanwhile, improvements in health for today's uninsured would be modest. They already receive substantial medical care. Insurance would help some individuals enormously, but studies find that, on average, gains are moderate. Despite using more health services, people don't automatically become healthier.

The pretense of moral superiority further erodes before all the expedient deceptions used to sell Obama's health-care agenda. The president says that he won't sign legislation that adds to the deficit. One way to accomplish this is to put costs outside the legislation. So: Doctors have long complained that their Medicare reimbursements are too low; the fix for replacing the present formula would cost $210 billion over a decade, estimates the Congressional Budget Office. That cost was originally in the "health reform" legislation. Now, it's been moved to another bill but, because there's no means to pay for it (higher taxes or spending cuts), deficits would increase.

Another way to disguise the costs is to count savings that, though they exist on paper, will probably never be realized in practice. So: The House bill is credited with reductions in Medicare reimbursements for hospitals and other providers of $228 billion over a decade. But Congress has often prescribed reimbursement cuts that, under pressure from squeezed providers, it has later rescinded. Claims of "fiscal responsibility" for the health-care proposals reflect "assumptions that are totally unrealistic based on past history," says David Walker, former U.S. comptroller general and now head of the Peter G. Peterson Foundation.

Equally misleading, Obama's top economic advisers assert that the present proposals would slow the growth of overall national health spending. Outside studies disagree. Three studies (two by the consulting firm the Lewin Group for the Peterson Foundation and one by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, a federal agency) conclude that various congressional plans would increase national health spending compared with the effect of no legislation. The studies variously estimate that the extra spending, over the next decade, would be $750 billion, $525 billion and $114 billion. The reasoning: Greater use of the health-care system by the newly insured would overwhelm cost-saving measures (bundled payments, comparative effectiveness research, tort reform), which are either weak or experimental.

Though these estimates could prove wrong, they are more plausible than the administration's self-serving claims. Its health-care plan is not "comprehensive," as Obama and the New York Times (in its news columns) assert, because it slights cost control. Obama chose to emphasize the politically appealing path of expanding benefits rather than first attending to the harder and more urgent task of controlling spending. If new spending commitments worsen some future budget or financial crisis, Obama's proposal certainly won't qualify as "reform," as the president and The Post (also in its news columns) call it. It's more like malpractice: a self-inflicted wound.

We now have Pharisees of Compassion, who loudly proclaim their compassion in the public square, but in private (and in legislation), destroy widow's houses.

“the slovenliness of our language makes it easier to have foolish thoughts.” George Orwell

• Members

I'm neither left or right, or your so called Pharisee. So where is the part for me, therebuster?

pk

phkrause

Quote:
I'm neither left or right, or your so called Pharisee. So where is the part for me, therebuster?

I dunno. Sounds like you're confused. Happens to everyone. :-)

• Members

Not confused at all therebuster, what I'm saying is I don't waste my time wondering which party is better, because its really simple, neither. The only thing that politics has offered anyone, is how to call the other names, and who can do the better job of it.

pk

phkrause

Quote:
The only thing that politics has offered anyone, is how to call the other names, and who can do the better job of it.

Should quit while you're ahead. Confused is better.