ClubAdventist is back!

Senator Obama in 2006 Try KSM in Military Tribunal

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2009/11/senator_obama_in_2006_try_ksm.html

November 15, 2009

Senator Obama in 2006: Try KSM in a military tribunal

Rick Moran

Breitbart TV dug up this old video of then Senator Obama supporting the idea of a military trial for KSM.

Obama's remarks were made during a debate over the Military Commissions Act that set up regulations in response to the Supreme Court's Hamdan decision that outlawed the tribunals because of unconstitutional procedures.

Obama assured the senators that terrorists like KSM would not receive the same rights as American criminals get, that he would certainly be tried in a military court "with all the bells and whistles."

That was then. This is now.

http://www.breitbart.tv/bombshell-uncovered-obama-statement-ksm-will-get-full-military-trial/

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

• Members

I don't have a problem with anyone changing there mind, if they are willing to listen to advice and than figure that well maybe this is a better way to go. I remember Obama saying when he took over the WH that he was going to listen to different people including republicans on advice about Gitmo, the trials for the detainee's, etc. From what I heard today on some interview with a number of people, they were saying that this change from a military trail to a civil (or what ever they called it) was a good move. Of course if it backfires, which is always a possibility, things could get ugly.

pk

phkrause

Obstinacy is a barrier to all improvement. - ChL 60

Interesting pk. I've never heard of anything positive that would come from this move.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

I have heard that several states are refusing the terrorists access to their states for fear of more terrorism.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

• Members

Yes he does dgrimm, the question is "does he listen." Like Bush who didn't listen to CP, but rather to Rumsfield (this is by no means a knock on Bush, so don't take this the wrong way) who I think gave him very bad advice.

pk

phkrause

Obstinacy is a barrier to all improvement. - ChL 60

Yes he does dgrimm, the question is "does he listen." Like Bush who didn't listen to CP, but rather to Rumsfield (this is by no means a knock on Bush, so don't take this the wrong way) who I think gave him very bad advice.

pk

The confession and statements that these characters have made is not admissable.

Just the transporting them from jail to courtroom and back every day has a great risk.

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

I don't have a problem with anyone changing there mind, if they are willing to listen to advice and than figure that well maybe this is a better way to go. I remember Obama saying when he took over the WH that he was going to listen to different people including republicans on advice about Gitmo, the trials for the detainee's, etc. From what I heard today on some interview with a number of people, they were saying that this change from a military trail to a civil (or what ever they called it) was a good move. Of course if it backfires, which is always a possibility, things could get ugly.

pk

How would you like to be on the jury. They will be marked for ever more for revenge.

This is not a trial of terrorists,it is putting America and our culture on trial.