ClubAdventist is back!

Husband's Uncle

GreatLakesGramma

Please pray for my husband's Uncle Howard. He is in the hospital with pneumonia. He is over 90 years old, so this is especially dangerous for him.

Catherine

God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:26.

"To be a Christian means to forgive the inexcusable, because God has forgiven the inexcusable in you." -- C. S. Lewis

• Members

Yes GLG will be praying.

pk

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

Uncle Howard is doing better, but is still in the hospital. There is a whistling in his breathing, and he is getting oxygen every 4 hours. He was confused and anxious, but has been able to relax and get some sleep last night.

Catherine

"To be a Christian means to forgive the inexcusable, because God has forgiven the inexcusable in you." -- C. S. Lewis

• Members

Yes GLG thanks for the update, its always good to hear that someone is doing better, I do pray that it continues

pk

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

Thank you for your prayers.

Uncle Howard is much better now. He is still on oxygen, but he isn't confused any more. Though they expect him to recover now, he still needs prayer. My husband's stepmother was in the hospital, everything was going well, and they expected her to recover, then suddenly she died. So we aren't counting on anything now.

The stress is also hard on husband's Aunt Arlene. Cousin says she is depressed. So she needs our prayers too.

Catherine

• Members

Thanks for the update. Isn't it amazing how one thing can lead to another.

pk

phkrause

I received another update. He is doing better with his breathing and cognitive thinking. He also has his appetite back. Yesterday, he stashed half a hamburger under his sheet so he could eat it at night. What a rascal!

Catherine

• Members

If he can do that, he must be doing better. Thanks for the update GLG. Lets continue to pray that the progress will continue.

pk

phkrause

I finally received an update. Uncle Howard went home on Friday, which no one told us then. But last night he went back in by ambulance, with a fever and breathing problems. They think he has an infection. They have him under observation for a very contagious infection, which she said they called PT.

Aunt Arlene also has an infection, but she is not in the hospital, and I don't know any more than that about her situation.

Catherine

• Members

Will keep all in ours prays GLG

pk

phkrause

They found out that Uncle Howard did not have an infection. Because of the pneumonia, the food he was eating was going into his lungs. They are keeping him there until this is taken care of. They expect him to go home no later than Monday.

Catherine

• Members

Now that sounds like good news, praise the Lord.

pk

phkrause

My husband called his cousin tonight. Uncle Howard has been out of the hospital for a few days. His son thinks he has had a mild stroke that has affected his swallowing, which is causing the food to go into his lungs. He also can't reach very far with his arm, which could also be the result of a stroke. It could be the food in his lungs that caused the pneumonia in the first place, not the other way around.

The problem isn't going away, so they have to watch him carefully when he eats. Aunt Arlene is doing OK for the time being, probably just until the next crisis.

Catherine

• Members

Thanks for the update GLG.

pk

phkrause

Heavenly Father, Please be with Howard in the time of illness. You know his prognosis, Lord. In Thy will, heal him. Comfort him and his family and friends. May he and his family trust in You. May they feel the strength of Your arms and stand fast in faith. In Jesus Name, amen prayer

• 1 month later...

Uncle Howard is back in the hospital again. He has an infection again, but they don't yet know where or what kind. He's not as bad as he was before though.

Catherine

• Members

Wow GLG, when or where does it end? Sorry for your troubles, but will be praying. :)

pk

phkrause

I just got the word - Uncle Howard has C-Diff.

Catherine

It's a very contagious, hospital-bred, drug-resistant infection. It is life-threatening. He probably got it when he was in the hospital before.

Catherine

• Members

CDC: Clostridium Difficile Infections

www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dhqp/id_cdiff.html

Terrible thing to have at any age, but at 90....

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

CDC: Clostridium Difficile Infections

www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dhqp/id_cdiff.html

Terrible thing to have at any age, but at 90....

I never looked it up before to see what C-diff stands for. Various Clostridium bacteria cause some pretty serious infections. Botulism, tetanus, and gangrene are all clostridia.

At Wikipedia, I read that the infection is caused by antibiotics killing the good intestinal bacteria, allowing it to grow out of control. So that's probably why he has this.

Catherine

Uncle Howard is home again. They are giving him some very powerful antibiotics. His son Dave thinks he's better, but not much. It will probably be a slow recovery.

Catherine

• Members

I guess this is somewhat good news. We will still be praying.

pk

phkrause