ClubAdventist is back!

You can’t make this stuff up!

• Administrators

LOL!

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

I think Redwood just wants the right to call people Nazis too.

Wow !!

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

Well, Lazarus posts a picture of a bunch of Nazis trying to make a comparison of a bunch of Germans following Hitler to a bunch of Americans following... I am not sure. Sarah Palin, Rush Limbaugh, Glen Beck ? ? ?

As moderator I have to try to uphold some standards. We can't have a forum where people are calling each other Nazis. That is just way to inflammatory. You guys can get out a dictionary or thesaurus and use a little better language to express the same thought. I am not being thought police. You can express the same thoughts by using different language.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

Quote:
You can express the same thoughts by using different language.

I must have not seen the language of Laz's that you had to edit.

I believe in Hematology.

There was no text. There was just a picture of a stadium of Nazis. Of course, a picture paints a picture of a thousand words so just imagine the word Nazi typed out 1,000 times and you'll get the picture.

No. I am a trusted servant. I am here serving everyone else that comes here. As a trusted servant of all, I have to look out for the welfare of all as a group. That means setting some boundaries on individual behavior in order to protect the group as a whole. We still have some members here that will not come in here - not because they are not interested in politics - but because they were attacked and bullied in the days before this section had a moderator.

I don't want Lazarus to feel singled out. Before there was moderation in this forum that type of thing was done all the time. In fact, it was Bravus that brought up Godwin's Law some years back but there was no moderator to do anything about it. Lazarus is very welcome to participate here. In fact, he is appreciated.

• Moderators

Well, Lazarus posts a picture of a bunch of Nazis trying to make a comparison of a bunch of Germans following Hitler to a bunch of Americans following... I am not sure. Sarah Palin, Rush Limbaugh, Glen Beck ? ? ?

The fact that you are "not sure" is part of the problem. I think you jumped to a conclusion. Perhaps you were responding to someones complaint.

Quote:
We can't have a forum where people are calling each other Nazis.

I have already said I wasn't calling anyone a Nazi but you insist on posting it. I clearly did not post those words so you are inferring that was the intent of the picture. It was not. To continue to assert that it was is wrong.

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

• Moderators

There was no text. There was just a picture of a stadium of Nazis. Of course, a picture paints a picture of a thousand words so just imagine the word Nazi typed out 1,000 times and you'll get the picture.

Thank you. I'm glad you used the word imagine. You formed in your mind reason as to why I posted the picture. An inaccurate picture you'll have to now admit.

Originally Posted By: Shane
Before there was moderation in this forum that type of thing was done all the time.

Shane, it really wasn't done all the time. People didn't usedto post pictures in that way.

If you are saying that people would attack each other indirectly and they don't now I think you are misreading what's happening in this forum.

If you want to continue to take this position you may have to get used to using the delete button on a regular basis. Like you said pictures paint a thousand words.

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

If someone started a thread entitled "Obama's In Trouble" and posted a picture of the KKK burning a cross or hanging a black man, should that be allowed? I would say not. Such inflammatory pictures can actually be more offensive than words alone. A picture without words is left open for others to read in many different ways. We can do better. We can rise to a higher level than that.

The picture of President George H.W. Bush was spot on. That was not offensive. It spoke directly to the topic. It didn't need any text to explain it.

• Moderators

If someone started a thread entitled "Obama's In Trouble" and posted a picture of the KKK burning a cross or hanging a black man, should that be allowed?

As I indicated earlier, you didn't delete the picture with a bone through Obama's nose. I doubt that you would delete a KKK picture. You have already allowed stuff like that. One man's offense is another man harmless fun it seems.

It's all good.

Einstein

I don't remember the picture of Obama with a bone in his nose. If someone would have complained about it, I assure you it would have been deleted. The fact that one man's offense is another man's fun should give us pause about posting such controversial things.

I am glad you are here, Lazarus.

• Moderators

I am glad you are here, Lazarus.

I am too, Lazarus. Very much so!! :-)

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

• Moderators

I appreciate the appreciation.

Moderators should not intervene just because someone complains and not intervene if they don't. There needs to be some level of objectivity.

Clearly you didn't think the Obama picture was offensive but that picture was clearly designed to be offensive. If there is any instance where intent was clear, it would be here.

Yet, you deleted the Nazi picture because you thought someone might be offended by someone's supposed intent.

That's just not credible.

Einstein

I try to be fair but none among us is perfect. That is why people complaining helps moderators do their job. One only need to click on the "Notify" button on the bottom of an offensive post. My first comments in this thread were to challenge the picture that was posted. I voted for Obama. I don't agree with all his policies but I like his personality. I am a little bit excited about the Oprah and Obama White House Christmas special. My family sat down together and watched the Obama White House Country Music special together. I have nothing against this President.

Quote:
I have nothing against this President.

This is amazing. I have much against this president. And the polls show that the vast majority of Americans do also.

I believe in Hematology.