ClubAdventist is back!

Interesting email I received

phkrause

Here's a few interesting Bible quotes:

Exo 4:24 And it came to pass by the way in the inn, that the LORD met him, and sought to kill him.

Exo 22:24 And my wrath shall wax hot, and I will kill you with the sword; and your wives shall be widows, and your children fatherless.

Num 31:17 Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him.

Lev 23:30 And whatsoever soul it be that doeth any work in that same day, the same soul will I destroy from among his people.

Deu 2:15 For indeed the hand of the LORD was against them, to destroy them from among the host, until they were consumed.

Deu 7:2 And when the LORD thy God shall deliver them before thee; thou shalt smite them, and utterly destroy them; thou shalt make no covenant with them, nor shew mercy unto them

Deu 7:23 But the LORD thy God shall deliver them unto thee, and shall destroy them with a mighty destruction, until they be destroyed.

Deu 7:24 And he shall deliver their kings into thine hand, and thou shalt destroy their name from under heaven: there shall no man be able to stand before thee, until thou have destroyed them.

My, how violent! Methinks that context is important.

"Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much." - Oscar Wilde

�Do to others whatever you would like them to do to you. This is the essence of all that is taught in the law and the prophets." - Jesus

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bonnie

• SivartM

• Bravus

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
1. The text there buster quoted from Revelation was about *God's* judgement, not human judgement. Not parallel at all.

That was understood.

Quote:
2. I never argued against justice, or even against any particular foreign policy settings or actions. The original letter argued for a lack of justice, but my main point was about Jesus injunction to love our enemies. I never mentioned pacificism or anything like it.

I will have to go back and check but can't recall pacificism being up for discussion.

The letter really did not argue for lack of justice so much as showing frustration at the leeway and understanding that some want to shovel over the terrorists.

They are cowardly murdering thugs,plain and simple.Not liking the lifestyle of the US is not a reason to murder.

Quote:
Read the original letter, read Matthew 5, figure out whether the letter exemplifies Christ's attitudes. Its a simple exercise for the unclouded mind.

Glad you found it such. Most of us are well aware of what it says. That is not reserved for some special class

Quote:
Bringing the specific perpetrators of specific crimes to justice is completely appropriate. Damning entire cultures based on the actions of a few extremists is not.

I did not see any entire culture damned unless of course you are referring to the murdering thugs from radical Islam.

While that may be a culture that is to be protected to you,it isn't to me.

There is no reason at all for anyone to show respect to this so-called culture.They exist for one reason only. To rule those that cannot defend themselves in a manner I would not treat my dog.

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman