ClubAdventist is back!

Global warming acid test...

It's easy to tell the political global warmists from the real ones. The people who really believe the hoax are happy to hear that it may be a fraud (they are glad to know the world is not going to end soon). The political GW's are dismayed that their hoax was discovered. They don't care if it's a fraud as long as they can use it to beat up on oil companies.

When the global warming brouhaha became politicized, truth went out the window.

"Please don't feed the drama queens.."

• Moderators

(copied from my Facebook response to this same post)

I appreciate the distinction... but what makes you think it may be a fraud? There may have been a few dodgy graphs (which is what the 'incriminating' emails are mostly about) come out of the CRU centre in the UK. But even if we decide, on that basis, to leave aside *the entire British global climate database* (which would be a crazy over-reaction... See More), that leaves the entire American NASA climate database, which shows exactly the same warming trend, completely independent and untouched. (And I suspect you'd likely trust American data over British any time, anyway.) Sorry, it doesn't go away that easily...

Truth is important

Hi Dave. I know it won't go away easily, representing as it does the cash-cow aspirations of the Algore gangreens.

oG

"Please don't feed the drama queens.."

• Moderators

By the way, I would be *delighted* if it were shown not to be happening. Still watching and waiting on that evidence.

Truth is important

Isn't the world going to end soon anyway?

"Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much." - Oscar Wilde

�Do to others whatever you would like them to do to you. This is the essence of all that is taught in the law and the prophets." - Jesus

• Administrators

Isn't the world going to end soon anyway?

Sure, so let's just push it over the edge and make our last days on earth all the more miserable...

It is like the irresponsible tenant that trashes the place before he leaves. Vandalism by any other name is still vandalism... And those who feel no reservations about vandalizing earth must settle up with the Owner...

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

It's easy to tell the political global warmists from the real ones. The people who really believe the hoax are happy to hear that it may be a fraud (they are glad to know the world is not going to end soon). The political GW's are dismayed that their hoax was discovered. They don't care if it's a fraud as long as they can use it to beat up on oil companies.

When the global warming brouhaha became politicized, truth went out the window.

When people have to "lie" for a cause the cause is not much.

The e-mails sent back and forth indicate a lot more than a "little white lie for the good of mankind " was being told.

Follow the money

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

It's not just a few dodgy graphs or the celebrated emails (which give the huge appearance of evil in even suggesting the rigging of the peer review process for a designed outcome), Bravus. This episode has, in the eye of Joe Public, neutered science as a respectable pursuit of the truth.

The major issues from my perspective are:

1) The computer source codes which have been analyzed, and have been found to function specifically to manipulate data in ways contrary to GLP (good laboratory practices), and

2) The unwillingness of the group of scientists to have their data submitted for independent verification by scientific perspectives dissenting from their hypothesis.

3) This episode was pre-fed to the media (the BBC was given an inside leak on the same material eventually brought to light, a month before the "hacking" took place) - and the media sat on it because it didn't carry "newsworthiness" (aka, did not fit the political agenda)

The first two of these strike at the very heart of scientific trustworthiness. The latter simply exposes the political fix - as if putting fingers in one's ears and shouting "I don't hear anything!" is going to make the issue go away.

To me, this episode is worse than the old "Cold Fusion" and "Embryonic Stem Cell" episodes, as the latter two were simply attempts to grab prestige and money. Sensational, but isolated to specific lab groups.

The AGW science, on the other hand, is now seen by many to be designed - and this to promote a drastic and fundamental change in world economies, particularly in Western economies. The scope of its effect was to be global, affecting every person on earth. Its international inclusion of many labs, and indeed, many national and global political agencies, on what is now seen as arguably fraudulent data...has diminished science before untold numbers of the non-scientific. Rather than establish an unrefutable foundation, the numbers of these labs demonstrate rather how widespread the hoax was promoted, and has brought the fields associated with the atmospheric sciences into disrepute.

The issue won't be going away any time soon.

"As iron sharpens iron, so also does one man sharpen another" - Proverbs 27:17

"The offense of the cross is that the cross is a confession of human frailty and sin and of inability to do any good thing. To take the cross of Christ means to depend solely on Him for everything, and this is the abasement of all human pride. Men love to fancy themselves independent. But let the cross be preached, let it be made known that in man dwells no good thing and that all must be received as a gift, and straightway someone is offended." Ellet J. Waggoner, The Glad Tidings

"Courage is being scared to death - and saddling up anyway" - John Wayne

"The person who pays an ounce of principle for a pound of popularity gets badly cheated" - Ronald Reagan