ClubAdventist is back!

Here We Go Again

Obama's "Sex Trumps Religion" EEOC Nominee Heads To Full Senate Hearings

Posted by: Greg Hengler at 2:54 PM

A Senate committee Thursday approved the nomination of openly gay law professor Chai Feldblum to serve as a member of the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission. The nomination now goes to the full Senate where her radical views touting polyamory (multiple sexual partners -- whether homo, bi, or heterosexual) and polygamy (multiple spouses -- homo, bi, or heterosexual) are just as good as the old fashioned model. Progressive indeed.

Chai Feldblum Thinks Polyamory is a Sidekick of Pippi Longstocking

Written by Andrea Lafferty

Wednesday, 09 December 2009 21:35

Andrea_edited-1Highly Controversial EEOC Nominee Chai Feldblum Thinks Polyamory is a Sidekick of Pippi Longstocking

December 9, 2009 - Washington, DC - A letter signed by the Traditional Values Coalition (TVC) and hundreds of other pro-family organizations and activists urged the U.S. Senate Health, Education, Labor and Pensions (HELP) Committee to reject President Obama's nomination of the highly controversial lawyer, Chai Feldblum, to the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.

"Ms. Feldblum has a system of identifying rights which is separate and very different from that in the Constitution," said TVC Executive Director Andrea Lafferty.

"She uses terms like 'belief liberty' and 'sexual liberty' and concludes generally that a 'sexual liberty' claim always trumps any objection or claim of those who are asserting a religious belief.

"Ask a typical American about 'polyamory,' and they would try to recall whether she was a sidekick of Winnie the Pooh or Pippi Longstocking. Chai Feldblum has written extensively about polyamory - the practice of having multiple sexual partners concurrently. She, of course, is in favor of it and wants the government to treat these "relationships" the same as one man/one woman marriage.

"Her views are too radical and too contemptuous of the free exercise of religious liberty guaranteed by the Constitution's First Amendment to allow her to define discriminatory practices in America's workplace. Religious citizens could not get a fair hearing before an EEOC where she would be a commission member."

In the letter addressed to Senators Tom Harkin (D-IA) and Michael Enzi (R-WY), Traditional Values Coalition and other members of the anti-Feldblum coalition said:

"According to Feldblum, a person's religious beliefs (what she calls "belief liberty") can be trumped by "sexual liberty." When "sexual liberty" and the constitutionally guaranteed right to the free exercise of religion conflict, Feldblum has stated, 'I'm having a hard time coming up with any case in which religious liberty should win.'

"Feldblum ignores the fact that our Founding Fathers came to America to practice religious freedom, not just "believe" it. The First Amendment in the Constitution was created to guarantee and protect this right to practice religious belief.

"As a Commissioner at the EEOC, Feldblum would be in a position to implement what she has advocated for years: "Once a religious person or institution enters the stream of commerce by operating an enterprise such as a doctor's office, hospital, bookstore, hotel, treatment center, and so on, I believe the enterprise must adhere to a norm of nondiscrimination on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity.'

The Senate HELP Committee is expected to vote on the Feldblum nomination Thursday, December 10. If Feldblum is voted out of Committee, a floor fight is expected.

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

What Republicans will try to do is get a lot of press coverage. It isn't just this one nominee. It is a pattern of far-left, fringe liberal appointees. Republicans are trying to establish a pattern to paint Obama as a far-left President. If they can do that, they end up painting the entire Democratic Party as far left. This will energize their conservative base to turn out in large numbers in 2010 and may even bring in some of the Obama-voting moderates (like myself) to support the GOP.

Republicans will probably not stop her from getting confirmation. However they don't have to win the battle (nomination fight) in order to win the war (2010 election).

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

What Republicans will try to do is get a lot of press coverage. It isn't just this one nominee. It is a pattern of far-left, fringe liberal appointees. Republicans are trying to establish a pattern to paint Obama as a far-left President. If they can do that, they end up painting the entire Democratic Party as far left. This will energize their conservative base to turn out in large numbers in 2010 and may even bring in some of the Obama-voting moderates (like myself) to support the GOP.

Republicans will probably not stop her from getting confirmation. However they don't have to win the battle (nomination fight) in order to win the war (2010 election).

Obama is far left.The only media that will cover something like this is Fox.

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Well President Obama has yet to raise taxes on anything except cigarettes that I am aware of. (Interesting since he is a smoker). And he is sending more troops off to Afghanistan so I can't say he is completely off to the far left.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

Well President Obama has yet to raise taxes on anything except cigarettes that I am aware of. (Interesting since he is a smoker). And he is sending more troops off to Afghanistan so I can't say he is completely off to the far left.

He is so far left if he leans any further he will fall flat on his face.

The taxes are coming,the bill just hasn't come due yet