ClubAdventist is back!

Whatever happened to Robert Brinsmead?

Stan

Perhaps he converted...to Robert Brinsmead! You'll want to note the spelling of his last name as you research him.

For starters, I found an interesting archived 1980 Spectrum Magazine interview with Desmond Ford. Apparently, Dr. Ford felt comfortable enough with Brinsmead to call him "Bob". Spectrum magazine, vol. 11, no. 2 (Nov. 1980), pages 53-61

Raymond Cottrell briefly tells of his contacts with Robert Brinsmead, and his brother, John, in a May/June 1999 article archived on Adventist Today .

Dr. Brinsmead's website is no longer functional...it's a broken link.

Former Adventist Fellowship Forum: Where are they now? has some very interesting history of Adventism, Battle Creek and...Brinsmead.

Oh my! I have neglected Larry Pahl's May/June 1999 history of Brinsmead, also archived in Adventist Today . At that time, Dr. Brinsmead had run" for and was elected to public office. He put renewed energy into his family fruit and avocado farm, which is an international tourist attraction. His prodigious efforts in circulating petitions nationwide on behalf of SDA Lindy Chamberlain, who was falsely accused of killing her daughter Azariah?a trial which was the most publicized in Australian history?were instrumental in the reopening of the case and her acquittal. He even rethought his own lifestyle."

Finally, you can see a picture of Bob Brinsmead if you click the link to Games and choose "bob's fruit quiz" on Tropical Fruit World Farm Gold Coast .

• Moderators

Quote:

For starters, I found an interesting archived 1980 Spectrum Magazine interview with Desmond Ford. Apparently, Dr. Ford felt comfortable enough with Brinsmead to call him "Bob". Spectrum magazine, vol. 11, no. 2 (Nov. 1980), pages 53-61

Dr Ford and Bob Brinsmead have known each other for many years.