ClubAdventist is back!

Promise Broken

Obama promised that Gittmo would be closed within one year. The year has passed. He has failed to live up to his promise. Why does he make promises and then not follow through? How can we trust him?

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

Trust God, not O!

WayneV

Just remember these words of warning, for they will come to pass all too soon:

If you are ever flying through the desert and your canoe breaks down, remember that it takes three pancakes to lift the doghouse, because there ain't nary a bone in ice cream!

Trust God, not O!

Many thought that those two were interchangeable.It was either a writer for Newsweek or Times that made the comment that Obama was sort of like God

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

It is in the works. I wouldn't say he broke a promise. It is just taking a little longer to fulfill than he expected. I can't blame him for that. He was pretty wet behind the ears when he was elected. He is getting his on-the-job training. Give him another year and he should get the hang of things.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

• Members

Obama promised that Gittmo would be closed within one year. The year has passed. He has failed to live up to his promise. Why does he make promises and then not follow through? How can we trust him?

Can't have this both ways. I thought that you were against the closing of gitmo? And I recall Obama saying that if after looking into some other things about gitmo he just might change his mind. Obviously he hasn't changed his mind on closing gitmo. But has had a delay, and maybe he just might consider keeping gitmo opened a little longer.

pk

phkrause

Obstinacy is a barrier to all improvement. - ChL 60